Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus C23 camera?

Reaction score
Hello All,

Could you please tell me where i can buy the camera C23 accessory online for the typhoon h plus, since i want to replace it due to gimbal issues typically vibrating violently after the FW updates?
Will appreciate your response. Thanks

I don't think the Issue can be addressed with parts. Most pilots report they are awaiting a fix via Firmware, unless there is a noticeable defect, it might not be fixed with new parts.

Thank you for your prompt reply, because i have tried to perform the FW update right from the factory build 652 until build 829 which is current, but it did not resolve the issue, and also i tried contacting yuneec support if they could of be any help,but they just want to be ignorant and said to send the unit to service center for repair which i do not want to do so.

When i bought the unit, it was working properly, the problem happen to start only after performing the FW upgrade which was a grave mistake

Thank you for your prompt reply, because i have tried to perform the FW update right from the factory build 652 until build 829 which is current, but it did not resolve the issue, and also i tried contacting yuneec support if they could of be any help,but they just want to be ignorant and said to send the unit to service center for repair which i do not want to do so.
Why do you say you don’t want to send it in for service, I see a Lotta people say this. Starting to worry me I sent mine in and I can’t get any response out of them after a month

I'm not sure it would help, but there is an option you might try prior to sending the camera for service. Please do this at your own risk; I take no responsibility for it. I have a Yuneec E90 camera for the H520 which is essentially the same hardware, just different firmware. I was trying to see if I could load the firmware for the C23 on the E90. When I loaded the C23 gimbal firmware, the E90 gimbal developed the vibration you describe. I reloaded the current E90 gimbal firmware and the vibration stopped. I can't be sure it will work for you, but try downloading E90 gimbal firmware v2.40.3 and test it. Maybe it will work? You can always reload the C23 gimbal firmware if it doesn't.
Thanks,
Stephen

Why do you say you don’t want to send it in for service, I see a Lotta people say this. Starting to worry me I sent mine in and I can’t get any response out of them after a month
Some have a buzz which they live with and doesn't affect the picture/video quality, if yours is violent shaking, you might want to search the forum, there is a Firmware wind back as they say which may help.
I don't endorse this, just have a look and search some more.

Your best option is to install a previous version of the C23 firmware which will probably fix the problem. In fact, so people have installed a previous version and then reinstalled the latest version and it fixed the problem. It is not difficult to switch versions on the camera and only takes a few minutes.

I don't think the Issue can be addressed with parts. Most pilots report they are awaiting a fix via Firmware, unless there is a noticeable defect, it might not be fixed with new parts.
I would not be so quick to make this assumption. I do think the firmware plays a significant part, and is ultimately the likely cure. However I also suspect that hardware variances could be a contributing factor.

Consider this: Not all C23 gimbals suffer from buzz, in fact it seems like only a few compared to all the owners out there. The ones that do experience it, vary from an intermittent mild buzz to constant full blown chatter. In my experience changing the firmware forward or back does not cure the problem, it only makes it different. Meanwhile most owners report no buzz at all with the same firmware versions that I have tried. Does this not suggest at least part of the the problem resides in the gimbal? Variances in individual components and their tolerances could culminate in a unit that responds slightly differently to the PID settings that might work okay on other units. If I had another C23 I would be trying this theory out. In fact I have been looking for an affordable spare to test, but no deals yet. Hey @Steve Carr, do you happen to have a C23 I could try? I would pay shipping both ways.

Personally I am under the belief the PID settings for the C23 are marginally close to what they should be, but need tweaking to be perfect. This marginal set of perimeters seems to work okay in most gimbals but not in all of them. I have yet to find a firmware that makes it go completely away. I am still hoping Yuneec will finally put their attention to this PID issue someday. ...Before I die!..:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Appreciate and thanks everyone for your valuable inputs and suggestions, i had purchased this drone on OCT 2018, iam not sure what was the firmware version and build at that point of time prior to doing an upgrade ,since i blindly upgraded the FW without anticipating the unknown consequences, only later on which i realized after so many of the users have come across and apparently i had a bombardment of email communication exchanges with the yuneec support until escalating the issue to the CEO,however there wasnt much help from them except suggesting me to send the unit to Service center which i will definitely not do so(they might further mess with it) as significant cost has been incurred on this drone. Also yuneec believes and they want to turn a blind on this issue which is really appaling.

I would not be so quick to make this assumption. I do think the firmware plays a significant part, and is ultimately the likely cure. However I also suspect that hardware variances could be a contributing factor.

Consider this: Not all C23 gimbals suffer from buzz, in fact it seems like only a few compared to all the owners out there. The ones that do experience it, vary from an intermittent mild buzz to constant full blown chatter. In my experience changing the firmware forward or back does not cure the problem, it only makes it different. Meanwhile most owners report no buzz at all with the same firmware versions that I have tried. Does this not suggest at least part of the the problem resides in the gimbal? Variances in individual components and their tolerances could culminate in a unit that responds slightly differently to the PID settings that might work okay on other units. If I had another C23 I would be trying this theory out. In fact I have been looking for an affordable spare to test, but no deals yet. Hey @Steve Carr, do you happen to have a C23 I could try? I would pay shipping both ways.

Personally I am under the belief the PID settings for the C23 are marginally close to what they should be, but need tweaking to be perfect. This marginal set of perimeters seems to work okay in most gimbals but not in all of them. I have yet to find a firmware that makes it go completely away. I am still hoping Yuneec will finally put their attention to this PID issue doomsday. ...Before I die!..:confused:
If you look at what I say I'm not assuming anything. I said " I don't think it can be fixed with parts " I'm giving no concrete fix. What people are saying on here is there are varying degrees of buzzing and some just live with it, we don't know how bad it is, that's why I said " unless there's a visible defect" there could be a hidden internal problem, this is all done blind. It looks like firmware rollback, and reinstall may fix it. Let's hope so, fingers crossed.

I am not sure how long would they take to get this fixed in the service center and also if they might tend to fiddle with the parts which is the reason im bit over cautious

And due to this Gimbal vibration problem the gel has started to leak from the dampers which is additional nuisance

And due to this Gimbal vibration problem the gel has started to leak from the dampers which is additional nuisance
That can be fixed with a foam workaround. I think its @DCH idea, not sure.
Can you upload a Video to everyone can see how bad it is.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I am not sure how long would they take to get this fixed in the service center and also if they might tend to fiddle with the parts which is the reason im bit over cautious
Assuming they have the parts to fiddle with!

That can be fixed with a foam workaround. I think its @DCH idea, not sure.
Can you upload a Video to everyone can see how bad it is.
Sure, i will do so

The drones
Assuming they have the parts to fiddle with!
The drones manufactured by yuneec are really finesse stuffs compared to other brands ,perhaps i am perplexed on the after sales service of their product

Hello All,

If any one of you could please share the gimbal firmware file which is working?

Thanks

share the gimbal firmware file which is working
This is version 784. Just copy the gimbal.yuneec to a sd card, put it in the camera, turn on only the aircraft and wait until the camera goes from red to green. Wait another 5 min, turn of the aircraft and remove the card.

Attachments

• Gimbal-784.zip
    111.2 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annamiller