Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus doesn't hold binding, other oddities

Reaction score
I have a brand new Typhoon H plus that seems to be a little on the crazy side. Before bringing it in for a repair or replacement, however, I figured I'd bounce my problems off the community to see if there is anything else I should try before I go that route. I've had the original H for awhile, so I'm pretty used to the interface, and wise enough to very _carefully_ follow the procedures in the operators guide. However, I think I've hit the wall with this particular plus.

Initially, out of the box, it seemed to be ok. I was able to get it charged, powered up, the controller up on the Internet, and a/the update installed. At present, I should be running:

TYPHOONPLUS_C23_C.1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122.yuneec
TYPHOONPLUS_C23_E.1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122.yuneec
TYPHOONPLUS_CONTROLLER_1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122.yuneec
TYPHOONPLUS_APP_1.1.02_BUILD784_20181122.yuneec

Since then, the Drone has had problems binding, and even when it appears to be bound, it doesn't appear to be working right.

Sometimes, when the controller and drone are powered up, on the drone, I'll get front LEDs white, red and green navigation lights, and fast flashing blue rear leds. If I flip the drone, it goes in to binding mode (all leds yellow). If I follow through with the binding procedure on the controller, the controller says the bind was successful (I get a big green check mark), but the rear leds only switch from a fast blue blink to a slow blue blink, which from the user's manual, appear to represent the binding has failed.

At other times, the drone comes up with the rear leds already in a slow blue blink.

Finally, I'll sometimes have the drone come up in a blinking purple or solid purple light. The difference does appear to be impacted by the Sport/Angle/Home switch at all.and I haven't been changing any of the soft switches in the drone settings menu.

If I go in to the RC monitor, sometimes the controls appear to be working fine. At others, everything is stuck (nothing moves). I've yet to have any half-cases (where some of them work, some of them don't). When I go in to "FlightContral...", control calibration seems to work, most of the time, when the app doesn't crash.

The camera coming online seems to occur about 75-80% of the time, but not all the time. The gimbal also appears to have a vibration problem, but that is a tomorrow problem if I can't get the base drone operational.

Is it worth trying to downgrade and/or re-upgrade? Or does it sound like the drone is b0rked enough to have someone else take a look at it?

Hello,
I do it again a complete installation from micro SD card (drone and camera), there is on this site all explanations. Then calibration accelerometer, gyro and compass. If it sounds complicated, it's best to return it to your seller.

My H plus did exactly the same as yours all was good until i did the 784 update, then as you say, it would not bind to drone, & loss of control, i returned mine to yuneec for repair & they replaced the st16s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio