Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus fell out of the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I bought H Plus less than 2 months ago to replace my H Pro. Truly thought this was a terrific drone until it dropped out of the sky this morning. Everything normal prior to take off. 12 and 14 satellites, battery 16.2 after crash, props still on after crash, battery properly inserted prior to take off. I flew a few minutes in calm winds shooting 2 photos then whamo down she came about 100 feet from where I was operating onto concrete. Camera shattered, landing gear broken and looked pretty well totaled to me. Props not damaged which would indicate that H+ stopped and fell.
I have returned pieces to my Yuneec dealer. They have been in business 40 years and thought Yuneec would repair or replace under warranty.
Anyone have that happen?
Bill Dunnuck

• Sad
Reactions: Fred Garvin
Do you still have the ST 16+ controller at hand to upload the telemetry?

Sorry to hear that happend to you. Wish I could offer some insight but I have had mine for less than a month.

Really sorry this happened to you. Would have been great if you’d retrieved the telemetry data off the ST16S before you sent it in. Hope Yuneec finds the problem and finds in your favor. Without a personal copy of the telemetry you can’t verify/dispute their findings....however from what I’ve read, Yuneec is much more likely to be honest and help the customer than other 3 letter companies.

Reactions: biltno and Ty Pilot
There have been two confirmed H Plus losses due to power failure (that we know of) by two pilots we know and trust as very competent operators. Both, were reviewed by Yuneec and replaced. The remains of this crashed Plus will have to be sent to Yuneec to get their opinion and/or reasoning, but do not expect them to explain what happened. If it was no fault of your own you will likely get a replacement. Keep us posted if you can.

Bill, I am assuming your local dealer is a hobby shop of some sort? If so, it would be very helpful if you could call and ask if they have in fact sent it back or if they are waiting for a RMA? If there is any way you could get ahold of the transmitter and get the telemetry, and post it here for us to read it might help us unravel what is going on.

There have been two confirmed H Plus losses due to power failure (that we know of) by two pilots we know and trust as very competent operators. Both, were reviewed by Yuneec and replaced. The remains of this crashed Plus will have to be sent to Yuneec to get their opinion and/or reasoning, but do not expect them to explain what happened. If it was no fault of your own you will likely get a replacement. Keep us posted if you can.

Bill, I am assuming your local dealer is a hobby shop of some sort? If so, it would be very helpful if you could call and ask if they have in fact sent it back or if they are waiting for a RMA? If there is any way you could get ahold of the transmitter and get the telemetry, and post it here for us to read it might help us unravel what is going on.
Yes they are a Hobby Shop and Yuneec dealers. I will try this morning to get telemetry information. I mentioned to Steve that I would almost prefer a pilot error ( really don’t think it was) to a manufacturing defect. With pilot error you can make corrections and never repeat your mistake. With manufacturing defect you never know when it might happen again and you end up with another totaled H. Doesn’t do much for confidence either. I’ve brought my H Pro out of temporary retirement. Never had a problem with the H Pro. Thanks for your imput.
Bill

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Yes they are a Hobby Shop and Yuneec dealers. I will try this morning to get telemetry information. I mentioned to Steve that I would almost prefer a pilot error ( really don’t think it was) to a manufacturing defect. With pilot error you can make corrections and never repeat your mistake. With manufacturing defect you never know when it might happen again and you end up with another totaled H. Doesn’t do much for confidence either. I’ve brought my H Pro out of temporary retirement. Never had a problem with the H Pro. Thanks for your imput.
Bill
I forgot to mention that I watch all your videos on the H lineup and based on your first reviews of the Plus, I upgraded from Pro to Plus. The Plus is everything that you said it was and a great flying aircraft. Except of course for my incident yesterday. Keep making your very professional reviews and thank you. I think you must be an old fixed wing guy as am I.
Bill

• Love
I will say after being on this forum a while, your telemetry data is critical for you to know exactly what happened. There are experts here on reading that data however I’m not one of them. Try to retrieve the files for your own piece of mind

No. It went back with drone.
I hope you did not get rid of the pro. I had my Pro for 10 months when I first got it I crashed it four times . I started back to the technician it was not my fault it had a glitch in it but not it is straight now I would never get rid of it . I want to plus but I'll get that next year because when you first new you will have problems that's why wait a year after the come out and didn't buy on top of that it would have all the updates .
Ray

where hello my friend as I was explaining it to the new pilot crashed when I first got my DH I crafted four times but it was not my fault . I started biking they found that it was a glitch the fourth time I crashed and they gave me a new one and I had no problems since it was fully updated and everything . and I've been fine in every sense even long distance like 7 miles most people don't know how to do it . it's not hard once you learn your system and what to do with it . bite away enjoy a good Florida weather hopefully I'll be down soon to see my family after so many years you take care now .
Ray

where hello my friend as I was explaining it to the new pilot crashed when I first got my DH I crafted four times but it was not my fault . I started biking they found that it was a glitch the fourth time I crashed and they gave me a new one and I had no problems since it was fully updated and everything . and I've been fine in every sense even long distance like 7 miles most people don't know how to do it . it's not hard once you learn your system and what to do with it . bite away enjoy a good Florida weather hopefully I'll be down soon to see my family after so many years you take care now .
Ray

Wow... 7miles.. Please do tell of how we can exploit, and harness the most out of our Yuneec.

I lose sight of mine around 2500’......that’s half a mile. You must have extraordinary eyesight to see such a small target beyond the horizon.

I lose sight of mine around 2500’......that’s half a mile. You must have extraordinary eyesight to see such a small target beyond the horizon.

I reached the same distance, but I got scared, and came right back.

Well, an average person standing on the ground, the horizon is what, 3 miles? But if the aircraft is at 400’ then it would appear to touch the horizon at what....14 miles? (Aircraft at 400’ would appear to touch the horizon at 14 miles distance)

Wow... 7miles.. Please do tell of how we can exploit, and harness the most out of our Yuneec.

Well all you have to do is go into your transmitter settings and you will find all of the settings for your transmitter it looks like a checkerboard but each setting every function in the transmitter and you will find what you are looking for flight distance the works
check out some of the UK's settings and you will find out how to do it .
Ray

NoThat's the reason for the monitor once you get it out of your eyesight range I always count on my monitor but I make sure I fly into area that if it comes down it won't crash on no one I have a feel out here that is 7 to 8 miles long and I always make sure if it does follow I would know where to find it . besides that's a good way of testing your drone to find outwhat it's capable of doing . I probably can fly father if I put extensions better extensions on it .
Ray

NoThat's the reason for the monitor once you get it out of your eyesight range I always count on my monitor but I make sure I fly into area that if it comes down it won't crash on no one I have a feel out here that is 7 to 8 miles long and I always make sure if it does follow I would know where to find it . besides that's a good way of testing your drone to find outwhat it's capable of doing . I probably can fly father if I put extensions better extensions on it .
Ray
I forgot to mention even though the TH hasthose two antenna sticking down where you can extend those even better by having them change and making them longer as well as the transmitter .
Ray

I do apologize, man.. But you’re not making a bit, and a whole lot of sense.. If you cannot explain the procedures, then this is merely a story telling a lie. I need concrete facts.

Reactions: Prince R Harden
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix