Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus Flight Planning Interface

Reaction score
Anyone have a decent video showing the flight planning software included on the control pad? Are you able to set up a grid pattern with automated process for imaging the grid? Returned my Typhoon H Pro after running in to too many issues for preflight planning.

Reactions: Guido Cangelosi
I’ve been waiting to see a video of ground station. Usually you can find a HOW TO video somewhere online. Not sure why the plus owners are not sharing

Reactions: Guido Cangelosi
At this point the H Plus is just trickling out of Yuneec. The H Plus is in the hands of very few people. Those that have them are indeed sharing when time permits.

Anyone have a decent video showing the flight planning software included on the control pad? Are you able to set up a grid pattern with automated process for imaging the grid? Returned my Typhoon H Pro after running in to too many issues for preflight planning.
The H Plus does not have any flight planning software, so no waypoints, except for Curved Cable Cam, but you need to fly and add waypoints as you go. The H520 has all the waypoint and survey software options.

The logic of someone asking about a flight planning interface on the H Plus totally escapes me. As the 520, selling for a lot more money, has preflight waypoint flight planning, why would Yuneec release a much less expensive product with the same capabilities as the more expensive 520? To do that would imply they are dumber than a rock.

The logic of someone asking about a flight planning interface on the H Plus totally escapes me. As the 520, selling for a lot more money, has preflight waypoint flight planning, why would Yuneec release a much less expensive product with the same capabilities as the more expensive 520? To do that would imply they are dumber than a rock.
First, no need to be an ***. Second, I simply ask because they did swap out some hardware on the drone (haven't had much time to look at all the changes). Plus, I really don't care if it's much cheaper than the professional version. Maybe they decided to make Datapilot work for the Typhoon H+ since H520 seems to be stagnating from what it looks like in the forums. I'm not going to go through the steps to find out if someone else did. No need to reinvent the wheel here.

Reactions: MrHaynes
First, no need to be an ***. Second, I simply ask because they did swap out some hardware on the drone (haven't had much time to look at all the changes). Plus, I really don't care if it's much cheaper than the professional version. Maybe they decided to make Datapilot work for the Typhoon H+ since H520 seems to be stagnating from what it looks like in the forums. I'm not going to go through the steps to find out if someone else did. No need to reinvent the wheel here.
I really don’t think Pat meant anything toward you directly
Take a deep breath .... it’s only a drone
We all try to help each other here and since joining, one of the most helpful is Pat

It seemed more than a little odd that someone would be asking about a flight planning interface for a product not advertised as having such a feature beyond what Curved Cable Cam provides. There’s was, and is, a question relative to the logic used in formulating the question.

There’s a big difference between being straight up and direct or being an a$$. Had my reply been intended to denigrate the OP it would have been phrased much more pointedly.

Reactions: biltno
There may be some commercial wisdom in improving the H+ line and keeping it alive -- even though the 520 (its pro brother) slows its sales down -- after all they are not meant for the same purpose and competition only applies to same markets. In addition, the H+ is on PX4 codebase and the 520 is proprietary software; so which one do you think as a more promising future ?

There may be some commercial wisdom in improving the H+ line and keeping it alive -- even though the 520 (its pro brother) slows its sales down -- after all they are not meant for the same purpose and competition only applies to same markets. In addition, the H+ is on PX4 codebase and the 520 is proprietary software; so which one do you think as a more promising future ?

I believe both the H Plus and the H520 utilize the PX4 code stack.

It is the H480 holding the proprietary card deck.

Jeff

Reactions: chascoadmin

I agree, if you look at the other market options the closest competition to the H+ is the phantom 4 pro (until the P5 is out) the P4P has mission planning capabilities at a lower cost. I think Yuneek has the upper hand with the H+ with the extra stability and power over the P4P, but if they sacrifice utility in an attempt to force customers into the next pricing bracket DJI will take the market

I was very surprised that h + has no mission planning ... I am counting on someone doing third party software for this purpose. If not then I will have to buy P4 which I would rather not do :(

Reactions: MrHaynes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece