Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H POI Mode Spotty Results

Reaction score
I have tried this mode several times but just not getting it to work properly or to work at all. I'm sure its something i am doing. Fly to the POI spot tap the screen to set the POI fly backward and set the camera position then push the slider on screen nothing if i move the typhoon to the left or right nothing. Any thoughts?

Make sure you are in Angle Mode, when over the spot you want to orbit - tap the task icon and select POI. Press 'Center' then; back away from that spot at least 8 meters (26 feet) before hitting 'Start'. Once you are at the correct distance, tap 'Start' then use the right stick to begin movement to the left or right. Altitude can be raised or lowered as well as speed and radius using the sticks after POI has been initiated.

Reactions: Texas_Willie
I am definitely doing something wrong! are you manually setting the camera pitch and angle?

Reactions: MrGecko
Camera Pitch is controlled by the Gimbal Tilt Control Slide at the rear as normal. Camera 'Angle' is not controllable nor is it necessary, the nose of the aircraft faces the POI as it orbits.

Reactions: MrGecko
Once you set the 'Center' point what are you doing next? Specifically? Once the center is selected, you should simply back away from the center point, the camera will be pointing at it then; start the POI.

right control stick to control speed when you slide to start use the right stick as if flying forwards it will start to move the more you press the forwards motion the faster it will go
i could not get it the first time thinking it would just fly as soon as you hit the slider and it did nothing ( like the ccc )

make sure smart mode is off like said above so top right switch in centre position

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Thanks all I'm obviously doing something wrong because the process is not working for me. As soon as I can get out again going to give it another try.

I have tried this mode several times but just not getting it to work properly or to work at all. I'm sure its something i am doing. Fly to the POI spot tap the screen to set the POI fly backward and set the camera position then push the slider on screen nothing if i move the typhoon to the left or right nothing. Any thoughts?
Hi Metropolice,

Here's the best explanation of H POI even if they speak Italian. Its easy to understand. Just Watch the video.

Best from Sweden

right control stick to control speed when you slide to start use the right stick as if flying forwards it will start to move the more you press the forwards motion the faster it will go
i could not get it the first time thinking it would just fly as soon as you hit the slider and it did nothing ( like the ccc )

make sure smart mode is off like said above so top right switch in centre position
got that wrong just been out and did one and its moving left or right to control start and control the speed not forwards and back as i said
move stick left for clockwise stick right for anti clockwise the more you push them the faster it is
found it easy to control the speed better by using the turtle mode

@Photo It can't get any simpler than that!
If you can't get it, then maybe you shouldn't try it.:eek:
3.gif

I am sorry Ty Pilot but this video is just "nothing" and doesn't tell anything compared to the italian verison.

While I agree it's not as detailed as some videos you find online,;)it was the one that allowed me to do my first POI. And if one were going on just the visual and no audio, they're about the same - fairly representative with only one or two critical steps not actually shown.

Reactions: Gomi
I'll do the POI next time I'm out to fly but that Yuneec video is worthless doesn't show the whole process just those Bull &^% screens

From :55 to 1:25 in the video, the steps are shown, and it is the BS screens (as you call them)? that show what is needed. About the only thing he doesn't show is how to 'back up' away from the center point. I suppose a quick cut to pulling the stick back and then another quick clip showing the H backing up would help but, the voice over instruction should build that mental image or at least it did for me. The rest is learning to use the sticks to adjust radius, speed and direction of orbit.

Hope you get it figured out.

From :55 to 1:25 in the video, the steps are shown, and it is the BS screens (as you call them)? that show what is needed. About the only thing he doesn't show is how to 'back up' away from the center point. I suppose a quick cut to pulling the stick back and then another quick clip showing the H backing up would help but, the voice over instruction should build that mental image or at least it did for me. The rest is learning to use the sticks to adjust radius, speed and direction of orbit.

Hope you get it figured out.
TyPilot, just look at the pic at 45seconds, in the Italian version. The "Radius" is how to back up away from the center Point.
As easy as it could be. ?

I Know right? Like I said, both videos show pretty clearly the steps, the Yuneec video shows the same at :58 seconds. But then again, when you enter into POI, these same screens are on your ST-16 right in front of you. ;)

Sure TyPilot, but what is your problem? The "Far or Close" is the radius adjustment. At least för me when I fly POI. :)

No Problem at all. When you said that the Yuneec version is 'nothing' and 'doesn't tell anything' I wanted to set the record straight - that it does - because I felt it important for guys that may not speak Italian to at least have a video they can understand that also shows the correct steps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt