Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Poor Quality Prop Guard from Vertigo Drones

Reaction score
So I got my anticipated prop guard on Sat and on opening the box discovered the ring the guards attach to was broken. Whomever packed it must have rammed it in the box hard enough to bend it to the point of creasing it enough to snap it.

While it was only $19.99 --still it would have been nice to use it a time or two.

I'd strongly suggest anyone from buying it. Ces't la Vie.

Typhoon_H_Blade_Guards_Box_Set_VD_Watermark.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to ask, but when was the RMA request made and how long was it before you deemed the request to have been ignored?

Sorry to ask, but when was the RMA request made and how long was it before you deemed the request to have been ignored?

Request was made 1o minutes after I opened the box with a picture taken of the break. I took the picture so it would have a time stamp that would show the time from when it was delivered to when the picture was taken. I tried calling several times today and kept getting the recording that I was calling outside of business hours.

It's not that big a deal really... like I said only $20. but if the thing is that flimsy then people need to be made aware of it.

Just noticed the price was reduced from when I bought it to only $14.99. now. Maybe they're trying to get rid of them. lol.

Last edited:
Request was made 1o minutes after I opened the box with a picture taken of the break. I took the picture so it would have a time stamp that would show the time from when it was delivered to when the picture was taken. I tried calling several times today and kept getting the recording that I was calling outside of business hours.
It's not that big a deal really... like I said only $20. but if the thing is that flimsy then people need to be made aware of it.
Just noticed the price was reduced from when I bought it to only $14.99. now. Maybe they're trying to get rid of them. lol.
Keep trying. I have gotten a lot of parts from them. I believe them to be a reputable company.
Is this the page you used to contact them?
Welcome to Vertigo Drones - We're the Professionals

My is broken too, but I replaced the carbon tread with steel wire instead. Works almost as good, I shortened it a couple of cm to straighten it up and secured it with plastic straps. Much easier to fold down after flight.

I've used mine a few times (today as a matter of fact) with no problems and they are very easy to install. A bit harder to uninstall, but with a small flathead screwdriver it's not that difficult. Don't man handle them unless you'd like to break them. Use the same care with these as changing out filters on the CGO3+ and you should get a decent service life out of them! As far a Vertigo Drones, the Jury is still out for me. They didn't respond to my inquiries after I ordered from them vey fast. I'd give them a second chance though.

Attachments

• IMG_5891.JPG
    IMG_5891.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 26
UPDATE: I heard back from Vertigo with an RMA. So I removed the comment in my orig. post. I kind of feel bad though it's not like they make any money on the cheapo things. Hard enough making money with Amazon stomping everyone to death.

My is broken too, but I replaced the carbon tread with steel wire instead. Works almost as good, I shortened it a couple of cm to straighten it up and secured it with plastic straps. Much easier to fold down after flight.

Like what coat hanger type wire?

I always thought this guard assembly looks very fragile, considering the scale and weight of the H itself.

How much energy could it dissipate before breaking? I think unless it's a very slight scrape it will definitely not hold that much.

Althogh, the images can be deceiving and it might be much stronger than it looks.

Regardless, its good to hear you got your RMA from VD!

Prop guards were originally designed and intended to assist in preventing people from being cut by a spinning propeller. I don't know they've ever been intended to protect the aircraft. Made strong enough to do that and they become heavy, impacting flight time and increasing heat generated by electrical drive components.

Reactions: Deleted member 6299

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx