Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H power shuts off and drops

Reaction score
First flight and it's 8 ft in the air hovering when the power shuts off and the drone drops!!!! Full battery, no explanation as to why. Anybody ever hear of this?

Not impossible but extremely rare. More likely the battery was not properly seated or you accidentally hit the red kill switch. If you are new to the TH, my guess is that the battery wasn't properly seated and locked into position.

Not impossible but extremely rare. More likely the battery was not properly seated or you accidentally hit the red kill switch. If you are new to the TH, my guess is that the battery wasn't properly seated and locked into position.
We had it flying qu
It was hovering a good couple minutes which if the battery wasn't seated properly how would that happen? plus I had to bind it before that so I know the battery was in correctly. As to hitting the kill switch I wasn't even touching the controller as we were looking at the screen

If the battery isn't properly locked into place the TH will still fly, but maneuvering can cause the battery to slide around, since it is only held in place by friction.

Being able to bind or even fly the TH is not indicative of the battery being locked in place.

Correct, and more than a few have failed to assure the battery has fully seated and locked in place. The battery can make a loose contact and allow functionality- for a little while- but after it gets in the air it will slide back and down it goes. Newbies make this mistake all the time.

If the battery did not "click" into place, if the battery does not sit flush with the body, it's not locked in place. Take a few extra seconds to make sure things are right before arming the motors. People tend to get in a hurry when they go to fly. That's why newbies have the most incidents.

Correct, and more than a few have failed to assure the battery has fully seated and locked in place. The battery can make a loose contact and allow functionality- for a little while- but after it gets in the air it will slide back and down it goes. Newbies make this mistake all the time.

If the battery did not "click" into place, if the battery does not sit flush with the body, it's not locked in place. Take a few extra seconds to make sure things are right before arming the motors. People tend to get in a hurry when they go to fly. That's why newbies have the most incidents.
The battery is still in since it happened, although I'm sure that's not the problem as I always make sure to hear it click, how can I tell that's the problem when I slide it out? I had the Q500 before this one so I'm not that new at it...

Also any idea where to get parts?

Contact Yuneec customer service and send them your flight log. If there really was some defect and not pilot error, they will fix it.

I have two numbers not sure which one I need. The one on the camera ( which needs washers) is G0916331601A01 and the one on the body (needs clips and one side landing leg) is YU16331724B08A01

I made a quick Youtube vid about installing the H battery, showing that its possible to install it incorrectly and still allow it to power up, fly and then CRASH....

Reactions: B Scott
I made a quick Youtube vid about installing the H battery, showing that its possible to install it incorrectly and still allow it to power up, fly and then CRASH....
A nice and simple instructional demonstration. No bells and whistles...just to the point. Well done.

Reactions: B Scott
A nice and simple instructional demonstration. No bells and whistles...just to the point. Well done.
Thanks Flush, was going to do a narration track for it but I don't have a microphone at the moment. Anyway, for newbies (and others) be absolutly sure the battery is locked in place. Never insert it with the "door" open.

Thanks Flush, was going to do a narration track for it but I don't have a microphone at the moment. Anyway, for newbies (and others) be absolutly sure the battery is locked in place. Never insert it with the "door" open.
You don't need narration. The video you've produced speaks for itself.

Nice video. I don't know if you noticed but the device you filmed it with was picking up sound quite well. Next time you do a video with this device and desire an audio track to go with it consider writing a script prior to making the video and talk, following the script, while making the video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco