Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro GPS Acquiring Will Not Connect To GPS

Reaction score
Any help out there. My Typhoon H Pro will not acquire GPS. I've tried rebinding the bird and camera, this did not hep The H and controller are both acquiring satellites. I had the H in 3 wide open areas where GPS is not an issue it should have connected. Any Suggestions?

How many satellites are showing on the aircraft and the controller?

Have you been using the system regularly or has it been stored for weeks?

How long are you waiting for the system to acquire before trying to fly? Try letting it sit for 15 or 20 minutes with the H and ST16 turned on but not armed. This will allow the system to fully update the GPS "almanac" within the system. the battery will last a very long time when turned on but not airborne. Are you flying in an area where it wasn't an issue before, or is it a new location? At least it's picking up Satellites. Are there any external influences in your location you think might be causing it?

How long are you waiting for the system to acquire before trying to fly? Try letting it sit for 15 or 20 minutes with the H and ST16 turned on but not armed. This will allow the system to fully update the GPS "almanac" within the system. the battery will last a very long time when turned on but not airborne. Are you flying in an area where it wasn't an issue before, or is it a new location? At least it's picking up Satellites. Are there any external influences in your location you think might be causing it?
I waited at least that long when I returned home I waited 30 minutes it would connect after a few retries for about 2 minutes as soon as she started acquiring satellites on the bird and controller it when to acquiring again and never connected. Hooked it up to the GUI under the GPS section it said it said it was receiving in from Satellites

When I was in the field I waited at least 20 minutes for connection to GPS previous to this I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for the h to acquire GPS I would let it sit for at least 10 while it was acquiring satellites. But there was always enough to fly and the connection to GPS was pretty much immediate

When I was in the field I waited at least 20 minutes for connection to GPS previous to this I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for the h to acquire GPS I would let it sit for at least 10 while it was acquiring satellites. But there was always enough to fly and the connection to GPS was pretty much immediate
@metropolis Here is a link to UAV Forecast,. It will tell you How many Visible Sats, Kp index, Est. Sats Locked and weather conditions etc. GPS Elevation Mask is usually not an issue if you are in an area without hills or obstructions. I usually set it to 5. The elevation of a satellite is how high above the horizon it appears to be at a given point in time at your location. GPS satellites that are at low elevation are close to the horizon and are more likely to be obscured by nearby buildings or hills, making it more difficult for your GPS receiver to get a lock. The GPS Elevation Mask lets you count how many satellites are actually visible from your location, by excluding all satellites whose elevations are below the threshold value. Great little app to keep on your phone and check the area you are flying.

Reactions: Steve Carr
@metropolis Here is a link to UAV Forecast,. It will tell you How many Visible Sats, Kp index, Est. Sats Locked and weather conditions etc. GPS Elevation Mask is usually not an issue if you are in an area without hills or obstructions. I usually set it to 5. The elevation of a satellite is how high above the horizon it appears to be at a given point in time at your location. GPS satellites that are at low elevation are close to the horizon and are more likely to be obscured by nearby buildings or hills, making it more difficult for your GPS receiver to get a lock. The GPS Elevation Mask lets you count how many satellites are actually visible from your location, by excluding all satellites whose elevations are below the threshold value. Great little app to keep on your phone and check the area you are flying.
Yes that's a good app, people forget the earth is round, the weather forecast can be up creek sometimes, saying " Good to fly" and it's pouring down with rain and blowing a gale!

Keep an eye on the satellite count on both the ST-16 and the TH Pro. You need at least 6 satellites on the controller and the aircraft to get GPS ready and allow motor start (10 on controller to enable Follow/Watch Me).

If you are getting enough satellites and you stay in the Acquiring phase or get the Ready for a couple of seconds then drop out again, there are three possible causes. A bad GPS in the ST-16, a bad GPS in the TH, or a bad FC board in the aircraft. If you have the Wizard Wand you can test to see if the aircraft or the controller is the culprit.

I mentioned that i waited for 20 minutes but in case my post was confusing i never acquired the GPS connection the ST16 stayed on acquiring never got ready. This is a location that i fly frequently and have taken the H there to fly dozens of times and never had any issues getting GPS connection in all different conditions

Keep an eye on the satellite count on both the ST-16 and the TH Pro. You need at least 6 satellites on the controller and the aircraft to get GPS ready and allow motor start (10 on controller to enable Follow/Watch Me).

If you are getting enough satellites and you stay in the Acquiring phase or get the Ready for a couple of seconds then drop out again, there are three possible causes. A bad GPS in the ST-16, a bad GPS in the TH, or a bad FC board in the aircraft. If you have the Wizard Wand you can test to see if the aircraft or the controller is the culprit.
Should i bind the wizard as if i were flying with it to see if it connects?

Should i bind the wizard as if i were flying with it to see if it connects?
Leave the ST-16 off and bind to the wizard and see if you you get the GPS ready (steady purple on main LED in Angle mode or steady green in Smart mode). If you are unable to get this with the Wizard the problem lies in the aircraft.

All I can say is if it say ready, I will launch it to a height of 25 feet and
It seems to aquire more at that height.
Keith
????????? You can't launch without a gps ready connection

Last edited:
Leave the ST-16 off and bind to the wizard and see if you you get the GPS ready (steady purple on main LED in Angle mode or steady green in Smart mode). If you are unable to get this with the Wizard the problem lies in the aircraft.
Same issue no GPS light on Wizard its blinking purple but no green GPS light either. Also, I noticed when I bind the wizard and then go to use the ST16 I have to rebind it. Is that normal? Looks like I'll be sending this back to have repaired figures after the warranty is up.

It is normal to have to rebind when changing between the Wizard and ST-16.

This has pretty much isolated the problem to the aircraft which means either the GPS module or the Flight Controller (FC).

If you are in warranty, get on Yuneec’s website using a full browser and setup a support phone call. When you get the call they can start a ticket and give you information on where it will be sent for repair and hopefully a time frame for repair cycle.

If you are not in warranty and would like to try repairing the TH yourself, let us know and we can guide you through the process. There are also repair facilities like Carolina Dronz that should be able to help.

It is normal to have to rebind when changing between the Wizard and ST-16.

This has pretty much isolated the problem to the aircraft which means either the GPS module or the Flight Controller (FC).

If you are in warranty, get on Yuneec’s website using a full browser and setup a support phone call. When you get the call they can start a ticket and give you information on where it will be sent for repair and hopefully a time frame for repair cycle.

If you are not in warranty and would like to try repairing the TH yourself, let us know and we can guide you through the process. There are also repair facilities like Carolina Dronz that should be able to help.
They directed me to Vertigo Drones in NY only a few hours from me. Out of warranty over a year now I'm hoping they will pay to ship at least (good luck) right. So far it looks like it's on my dime. I scheduled a call with them and was not that impressed with the tech/CS I had a much better experience 41/2 years ago when I call them about my Q 500. Thanks for the help don't know that i want to crack it open myself.

What I am saying is when it says ready.
Then you launch, it seems to aquire more SATS
When it a bit higher in the air.
It does not say ready! I'm not getting a GPS Connection that is the entire reason for this thread

They directed me to Vertigo Drones in NY only a few hours from me. Out of warranty over a year now I'm hoping they will pay to ship at least (good luck) right. So far it looks like it's on my dime. I scheduled a call with them and was not that impressed with the tech/CS I had a much better experience 41/2 years ago when I call them about my Q 500. Thanks for the help don't know that i want to crack it open myself.
Since it is out of warranty it won’t hurt to open it up and try reseating the GPS cable connector. Then if that doesn’t cure the problem lift and reseat the FC board. It beats having to send it off and be without it for weeks. If it doesn’t get rid of the problem, you just send it in anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio