Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro, landing gear

Reaction score
Hi hope this is in the right place, is there a way to check the landing gear without flying the drone, someone did say try turning it on its back and using the landing gear switch but doesn't seem to work, many thanks for any help

Hi hope this is in the right place, is there a way to check the landing gear without flying the drone, someone did say try turning it on its back and using the landing gear switch but doesn't seem to work, many thanks for any help
Working the landing gear with the drone upside down might give a false positive because it makes it easier for them to go "up". Once, the gear on my H wouldn't retract in flight so I left the switch in the up position & gave the drone a hard decent command. The gear then went up & everything has been fine since.

Vic

Reactions: Ron sinclair
thanks for your reply, No I should have said I've had the typhoon H Pro from new, about 2 months ago, and because of this shutdown I've not been able to fly her checked everything else is running as best I could so wondering if I could just check the landing gear to make sure everything is working ok.
Thanks

Bind the TH to the controller, lay it on its back with the arms extended, then use the switch to raise and lower the landing gear.

I had an issue with mine, after finally getting it back in the air. The landing gear did nothing. I flipped it over, and still nothing, except one of the gear moved slightly then stopped. After repeated attempts and the removal of the gear, the one which moved slightly started functioning again. I swapped it with the other to make sure the power was getting to both legs and it was so I disassembled the defective leg and noticed the screws from the gear box to the motor were loose. I removed the motor from the gear box, and partially reassembled the gear so I could plug it into the drone. Under no load the motor worked. I then carefully reassembled the defective gear and it began functioning normally.

My take away is that if it sits too long unused, thing stop working. At least for one of the legs, that was true. For the other the gear box screws were loose causing gear binding.

If the drone is powered on, initialized, bound to the controller and turned upside down, then the gear should work from the switch.
Buuuuttt... You have a Typhoon H. The landing gear on the TH has a bad reputation for getting stuck. It is the exact same landing gear as the H Plus, but the problem seems to happen more on the TH. Sometimes they get stuck by a bouncy landing. Sometimes they get stuck just because the landing gear control module did not stop soon enough.
Sometimes, only one is actually stuck. The control system is built so that neither will operate unless both are free to operate. And sometimes both are actually stuck. This is going to take some troubleshooting.
The first step of troubleshooting would be to listen CLOSELY for a very small click sound from either gear when you operate the stick. If either give the click sound, it is most likely that one is free.
The second step is to remove one of the landing gear, then try to raise them again. If the first one you try does not operate, remove it and try again with the other one.
If neither gear operates from either side of the drone, the control module itself becomes more suspicious, but still, history has shown it is more likely that both actuator modules are stuck than a control module problem.
Some of the threads on this search page may provide more information:
"Search results for query: landing gear"

I had an issue with mine, after finally getting it back in the air. The landing gear did nothing. I flipped it over, and still nothing, except one of the gear moved slightly then stopped. After repeated attempts and the removal of the gear, the one which moved slightly started functioning again. I swapped it with the other to make sure the power was getting to both legs and it was so I disassembled the defective leg and noticed the screws from the gear box to the motor were loose. I removed the motor from the gear box, and partially reassembled the gear so I could plug it into the drone. Under no load the motor worked. I then carefully reassembled the defective gear and it began functioning normally.

My take away is that if it sits too long unused, thing stop working. At least for one of the legs, that was true. For the other the gear box screws were loose causing gear binding.

That goes to show, nothing like a good
pre flight

Reactions: Ron sinclair
Thanks to everybody for all their help I turned the Drone on its back nothing happened you could see the panic in my face but just kept flicking the switch then 1 skid started to lower couple more flicks of the switch and both skids started to lower and raise carrying on flicking the switch and they both started to move up and down in sequence, happy days, I think because of this lockdown I might do that once every two weeks or so no just to keep things moving, once again many thanks for all the help

As a side note make sure your ST16 controller is fully charged, we don't know how long the restrictions will last, it's not a LiPo so it's OK.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Thanks to everybody for all their help I turned the Drone on its back nothing happened you could see the panic in my face but just kept flicking the switch then 1 skid started to lower couple more flicks of the switch and both skids started to lower and raise carrying on flicking the switch and they both started to move up and down in sequence, happy days, I think because of this lockdown I might do that once every two weeks or so no just to keep things moving, once again many thanks for all the help

I have had the same
situation, like you I kept
Flicking the switch and
It finally started working.
Keith Kuhnr

Reactions: Mrgs1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member