Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro Maximum take off weight

Are you asking if weight can be added and the craft still fly? Yes, but exactly how much I am not sure, it won't be much, probably less that a pound and moreover, lifting versus flying around with the extra weight are two different things.

However, if your asking to know the Max Takeoff weight to fill in a form for something like registration or a commercial Pilots certification then the answer is; the actual weight is max weight. 1950 grams I believe is the weight of the standard H

Reactions: PatR and JackMTaco
Does anyone knows?
In Sweden we don't have to have any permisson or certificate to fly private or commercial if the drone weight is less than 2kg. Then there are different regulaltions between
2kg - 25kg and 25+ kg.

Last edited:
In Sweden we don't have to have any permisson or certificate to fly private or commercial if the drone weight is less than 2kg. Then there are different regulaltions between
2kg - 25kg and 25+ kg.
Do have many instances of bad flying, near Airports, people, buildings etc?

Are you asking if weight can be added and the craft still fly? Yes, but exactly how much I am not sure, it won't be much, probably less that a pound and moreover, lifting versus flying around with the extra weight are two different things.

However, if your asking to know the Max Takeoff weight to fill in a form for something like registration or a commercial Pilots certification then the answer is; the actual weight is max weight. 1950 grams I believe is the weight of the standard H

I was wondering how much extra weight fan we put on our hex, thats exactly what I mean.

Depends how heavy the cellphones and drugs are?

• Wow
Reactions: DoomMeister
-_- very clever, I will put extra weight as much as it is possible to my hex and destroy my engines. Now evryone will know maximum weight and me also.

Beeing serious a need to put onto my copter 1 kilogram sensor pack and Imafraid it will be too much.

1kg is definitely way more than the TH can lift and fly with for distance and time. You are talking about lifting a weight equal to the TH itself. I’m not even sure it could lift that much and hover.

If one were serious to find the maximum weight a multi rotor can lift it would be a simple matter to determine requiring only an accurate fishing scale and some string. The string would have to be attached at center mass of the craft the other to the scale. Take off into a hover, hold the scale so you can read it. Begin an ascent till the line is tight then, give it all its got and see what the scale says. But here again, what it can lift and what it can fly around with safely are two different things and duration will be cut drastically.

As I said, there was discussion on this years ago and I seem to remember a guy could barely lift and fly with a DSLR that weighed about 1 pound; or less than half a kilogram. YMMV

The fish scale technique is perfect for determining max thrust. Simply attach it to something on the ground with a line long enough to allow the aircraft to rise 4’ or more off the ground before the scale starts to tension. That line length will allow the H to exit ground effect for more stable air and be considerably safer to operate during the test. It also allows a little room for the aircraft to self stabilize when you let off the throttle.

Bear in mind that max lift, or thrust, is usually achieved at or just after the flight controller can no longer effectively stabilize the aircraft as the FC uses motor speeds to provide the necessary amount of thrust to offset aircraft imbalance. So about the time you achieve max thrust you’ll lose control of the aircraft. Getting off the throttle instantly might save it.

You won’t burn out the motors. Fuses should pop before that happens. Might be a little hard on a battery as it will deliver all the energy it can until exceeding its C rating. Expect the battery to get quite hot.

Reactions: JasiekKuna
hello, i found in UK and USA documentation:
MTOW 2495 gram
TOW airframe (incl batt) 1695 gram
this leaves you 800 gram of payload.
anything more than that will reduce your fly time heavely, overload props and bearings, overload the frame, and fall out of specs flight controller.
Do what ever you like, but keep it safe.

hello, i found in UK and USA documentation:
MTOW 2495 gram
TOW airframe (incl batt) 1695 gram
this leaves you 800 gram of payload.
anything more than that will reduce your fly time heavely, overload props and bearings, overload the frame, and fall out of specs flight controller.
Do what ever you like, but keep it safe.

Do you have a link to that documentation so we can add it to the sticky thread on Typhoon H documentation?

Thanks for finding that info!

You sure that’s correct? 800 grams is only 28 oz....that’s 1 3/4#......I’ve seen people post filter/counterweight of 20 oz. Is the camera less than 28 oz?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33