Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro wrecked

Reaction score
I got my new Typhoon H Pro and did a areal shooting in wizard mode, in 15 min it alarmed low battery and I pressed home button, but it didn't got landed, by the time battery got drained and dropped from high altitude.

How can I replace this unit with yuneec.

[Mod Note:] maybe move this to H Help...

Not going to give you good news, but I'm not going to sugar coat it either, being diabetic... :rolleyes:

You can send Yuneec CS the telemetry, but from what you have described, you did not pay close enough attention to the voltage readout on the ST-16, and started back too late. Waiting until low battery to push the home button will not leave enough battery power to make it back unless you are fairly close. And as you saw, altitude counts as distance in regards to remaining battery power. But of course, you now know all of this... There is a vast amount of knowledge on this board that could have helped you avoid this situation... it is a shame you waited until today to join.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
It is the school of hard knocks on this one. I've gotten downwind and paid attention to bring it back before the low alarm goes off but with headwinds it almost didn't make it. Do pay attention to whether or not your downwind and the battery voltage. Not a chastisement but a word of advice from someone that understands your pain.

I got my new Typhoon H Pro and did a areal shooting in wizard mode, in 15 min it alarmed low battery and I pressed home button, but it didn't got landed, by the time battery got drained and dropped from high altitude.

Can't

Actually, you can definitely replace this H with Yuneec. It is called a “Bind and Fly” package. If available, you can purchase a new hull sans the controller. A bit less expensive than a complete kit.

Note I said “purchase”. Yuneec will definitely help you with your purchase of a replacement airframe. The other option is to pay them for the cost of repairs, if salvageable.

This reply is not meant to be sarcastic, demeaning, or condescending. Rather, it is meant in the tone of “swallow your pride” and do right.

Others have claimed “hardware failure” and blame the manufacturer for mistakes similar to yours, even claiming a warranty replacement is due. Thank you for realizing the true cause. You do know the true and just resolution.

Good luck and hope you get back in the air real quick, learning from your experience.

Jeff

Last edited:

YES BIND & FLY
GO TO EBAY AND SEARCH
NEW TYPHOON H UNDER BUY IT NOW.
I DID AND AM STILL FLYING.
KEITH

Last edited by a moderator:
If you bought “Yes, Crash Foregivness” from Yuneec you’re covered. Otherwise you just got a painful lesson depending on how bad a crash it was. If you share some photos of how bad it looks now we might be able to guess at how repairable the damage is.

There are some very reputable shops that can be recommended for repair.

I love they people in this forum so much. Your mommas definitely raised you right. I can tell you, in other forms, (of which I'm a senior member blah blah) questions such as these don't get such kid's glove treatment. Going out of your way to advise a member you are not trying to be an arse in your suggestions or replies is just plain good manners and should be commended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval