Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Quad Battery Charger

Reaction score
Hello everyone, great to be on the forum. Can anyone recommend a good/high quality charger that will have the ability to charge 4 H batteries at one time? I am new to even using Lipo Batteries and I have 4 with my new Typhoon H, and really want to invest in a good charger that will not only charge them reasonably quick, but also provide for maintenance on them during storage times. I would really appreciate any good ideas? Thnx everyone

Hello everyone, great to be on the forum. Can anyone recommend a good/high quality charger that will have the ability to charge 4 H batteries at one time? I am new to even using Lipo Batteries and I have 4 with my new Typhoon H, and really want to invest in a good charger that will not only charge them reasonably quick, but also provide for maintenance on them during storage times. I would really appreciate any good ideas? Thnx everyone
Hi i have the baby version of this and its very good

Sky RC Q200 Quattro Charge

Now this will do all you need even link to your phone so you can see whats going on
Though why you can't just look at the screen lol .

I have other more expensive chargers but my one seams to do the job .

Or one of the Graupner chargers there a modular system expensive but very good

Reactions: Horseshoeingbyjc
Plus one on the Sky RC Q200 Quattro Charger, I use this on the Typhoon H and H520 batteries. Great app on your phone allows you to monitor the battery remotely. Has charge, discharge and storage modes plus more. Also has USB port to charge the ST16 as well.

Plus one on the Sky RC Q200 Quattro Charger, I use this on the Typhoon H and H520 batteries. Great app on your phone allows you to monitor the battery remotely. Has charge, discharge and storage modes plus more. Also has USB port to charge the ST16 as well.
The remote monitoring is only via Bluetooth so it's not as if u can nip up to the shops and still monitor [emoji3]

The remote monitoring is only via Bluetooth so it's not as if u can nip up to the shops and still monitor [emoji3]
No I don't leave lipos alone in the house while charging, but if I was on the pc or watching tv it is good to be able to keep an eye on the charger with out going to it to check. Just makes you lazy really, but cool all the same.

Thank you everyone for the quick responses, I really appreciate all the info. Is anyone familiar with whether there are any real differences between the Sky RC Q200 Quattro Charger & the Hitec X4 AC Pro AC/DC 4-Port Multi Charger? Also found a Venom Pro Quad charger on Amazon. Any thoughts on these and maybe the best place to purchase from?

Thank you rdonson, & everyone else again. Can’t seem to find the Hitec in stock anywhere so I ordered the Sky RC Q200 instead. They seem to be the same actually, but we’ll see. Really appreciate all the help. Thnx again, & safe flying to all.

PS... just received the Carbon Fiber Tray & Neck Strap for the ST16 Controller from CopperDawg.com and I must say the Quality & Crafstmanship was way beyond my expectations and is really second to none. WELL worth the money & really does make flying so much more manageable. Check them out, Thnx Ty Pilot!!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Hi All,
I have been using a Ev-Peak CQ3 4X 100watt multi charger with 4 adapter leads for my 9 H batteries. I have used this charger from the start with all my batteries and have not had a problem. It is 240 volts and 12 volts in put ( out on the job ) it charges 4 at a time in about 35 minutes at standard rate but if you want to pick up the input you can really do it quick, but that limits the life of your batteries. The charger also charges my other Quads and Phantom and bike and mower lead acid batteries. That is what I have said before if you buy a charger for yuneec H that is all that you can charge, with this other charger it also will do the 520 Hi voltage lipo's with the correct adapter leads. If we change to any other brand of machine it is a simple matter of buying an adapter lead or making one. Life will continue for the Evpeak charger.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: Air Intel
What about the Yuneec DY5? I am just a hobbiest and not a professional. I most likely will never own more that two batteries. Will the DY5 work for the H Pro?

Horseshoeingbyjc

I can HIGHLY recommend this one:

EV-PEAK CQ3 100Wx4 10A Four Channel LiPo, LiHV, LiFe, NiCd, NiMH Battery Balance Charger Discharger

EV-PEAK CQ3 100Wx4 10A Four Channel LiPo, LiHV, LiFe, NiCd, NiMH Battery Balance Charger Discharger

I received mine a month ago and it is an absolute winner!!!

Not a rebrand, an original and well respected Manufacturer!

The reason I personally went for this one is that it can be powered by DC as well as AC.
I wanted this as I can charge in the field from my leisure batteries in my van which in turn are constantly kept topped up by my 255W solar panel on the roof of my van.
So basically, I can be fully mobile without needing AC power :)

But also, check the specs for this charger out - its ridiculously fast charging at 1C - takes around 40 minutes!
Storage Discharge isn't the fastest but if you fly until the battery warnings come on - it charges up to storage charge super quick too!

You can get these in the US but they're not available in the UK unfortunately, I was lucky as 4 of them suddenly appeared on ebay located in Ireland! They were sold pretty quick!

Good luck ;)

Here's mine: I modified a briefcase to house mine with all the bits...

IMG_20190116_133105278.jpg

And here it is charging 2 batteries off AC power in my garage...

IMG_20190113_090158897.jpg

Last edited:
Horseshoeingbyjc

The reason I personally went for this one is that it can be powered by DC as well as AC.
I wanted this as I can charge in the field from my leisure batteries in my van which in turn are constantly kept topped up by my 255W solar panel on the roof of my van.

But also, check the specs for this charger out - its ridiculously fast charging at 1C - takes around 40 minutes!
Storage Discharge isn't the fastest but if you fly until the battery warnings come on - it charges up to storage charge super quick too!

You can get these in the US but they're not available in the UK unfortunately, I was lucky as 4 of them suddenly appeared on ebay located in Ireland! They were sold pretty quick!

Good luck ;)

View attachment 14068

View attachment 14067
Hi Air Intel,
That is my set up exactly, with 4 cable adapters and boards. It does all of my other quad batteries and lihv for the H Plus and 520 when I end up with them eventually. Dual power sources and it is not just for professionals but for hobbyists ,BECAUSE IT PROTECTS YOUR BATTERY'S BY CHARGING AND BALANCING AND DISCHARGING CORRECTLY. You only have to stuff up a few batteries by charging incorrectly and there is the cost of this machine. I purchased mine 1 week after buying my 2 H480's and I have flown them at least 5 days a week with 7 batteries. Two GIFI 's are a bit puffy but we're suspect from the start and are my calibration batteries and test bench ones . The remaining 7 are 4 originals and 3 Ultrax and there all performing great thanks to getting a very good charger. So
all Joy drone guy buy the good charger and not one that is confined to one type of battery.
Johnno Hennessy,
Keep flying on the green side of the grass .

Reactions: Air Intel
Horseshoeingbyjc

Good luck ;)

View attachment 14068

View attachment 14067
You can get shipped to UK by Amazon.com $189.plus shipping etc.

What about the Yuneec DY5? I am just a hobbiest and not a professional. I most likely will never own more that two batteries. Will the DY5 work for the H Pro?

As has been mentioned above, the DY3 is the equivalent charger for the H Pro. However what has not been mentioned is why the various chargers above (and there are other models in these series that charge 2 batteries at a time, like the DY3) are preferable.

Please review this thread on caring for LiPo batteries:

LiPo Battery Care

The Cliff Notes version is this: One of the most important factors you can monitor on your LiPo batteries is Internal Resistance. 1) the lower the IR, the better. 2) Equally important, how far the deviation of those readings across the cells.

The only charger mentioned in this thread that cannot monitor IR is... the DY5 (and the corresponding DY3).

I would recommend the Hitec X2 Plus Black Edition as both an affordable and capable choice for the H Pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430