Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Raw Picture Files

Reaction score
I have recently made the descision to elevate my picture results from my H. By using RAW files and adobe lightroom.
So i have told the ST16 in camera settings to shoot in jpg and RAW.
Dumb question. When I search the sd card for the RAW files they dont show up. Even when lightroom looks for them it only shows me jpegs on the SD card.
I must have a setting wrong.?
I have used lightroom with RAW files years back with my canon EOS camera. I was always able to find the RAW files prior to now.
Any suggestions?

I have recently made the descision to elevate my picture results from my H. By using RAW files and adobe lightroom.
So i have told the ST16 in camera settings to shoot in jpg and RAW.
Dumb question. When I search the sd card for the RAW files they dont show up. Even when lightroom looks for them it only shows me jpegs on the SD card.
I must have a setting wrong.?
I have used lightroom with RAW files years back with my canon EOS camera. I was always able to find the RAW files prior to now.
Any suggestions?

I'm thinking that Lightroom may not recognize the file format the camera is using.

Wouldnt i be able to see the raw files if i look at my sd card? They dont show when i do that either.

Curios.

I’ll recheck how I did it with my older LR on my laptop, but as memory serves me I just pointed the directory to the SD card while inserted in my laptop, then import them.

Wouldnt i be able to see the raw files if i look at my sd card? They dont show when i do that either.

Curios.

So if you don't see them on the SD card; are you sure you have the settings on the controller set to JPEG + DNG? I know you said you did but perhaps it didn't take. Also make sure that you switch to Photo Mode. If you hit the photo button while in video mode I seem to remember it will take a photo but only a JPEG at the size of the current video settings.

Last edited:
So if you don't see them on the SD card; are you sure you have the settings on the controller set to JPEG + DNG? I know you said you did but perhaps it didn't take. Also make sure that you switch to Photo Mode. If you hit the photo button while in video mode I seem to remember it will take a photo but only a JPEG at the size of the current video settings.

Also in Photo mode the native aspect ratio is 4:3 not the ST-16's preset aspect ratio of 16:9. So when you switch to Photo mode, the image shown on the ST-16 screen will looked stretched.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
So i checked again this am before writing the post to make sure i had the ST16 in dng + raw and it was not. I did set it yesturday to take both but as you say maybe it did not take or i did not set it in the proper sequence.

I changed the setting this am again to take both formats and again it did not. Ill have to check to see that my controller stayed in camera mode and did not switch back to video. It seems like my ST16 likes to keep itself in video mode for some reason.

Ill try again and check my sequence carefully and report back.

Seems that i should be able to see the raw if the camera put it in the card
You guys are a great help. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out.
I really hope to work this out so i can up my game so to speak.

So tempted to spring for a new H plus.....

Upon each new boot up, the camera will revert back to Video Mode but; it does hold the setting for both files.

Just to be sure: after boot up, flip into Photo Mode then, go into camera settings and make sure that JPEG + DNG or just DNG is selected, then snap a picture and it should produce both files. You can tell when it is in Photo Mode as the the little still camera icon will get the red back drop and as Eagle's Eye mentioned; the picture format will go a 4 x 3 aspect ratio and the ST16 will stretch the image to fit the screen but it will only look stretched there.

PhotoMode.jpg

Reactions: Chrisd986
Thank you guys Success this evening. I was rushing things a bit. I would change the setting as soon as the ST16 would let me but i did not notice as the typhoon finally was ready after boot up that the controller went back into video mode. Simple flick back to camera mode and perfect both jpeg and dng files saved.

Here is one of my early results.

Hmm wont attach. Maybe to big.

Anyway thanks.
Maybe tommorrow i can tackle the next thing with my H.

You can’t upload DNG files, but you can upload jpg, png, or tiff so convert to one of those after you adjust your DNG to your liking in LR.

That light skimming the tree in the foreground makes that photo... well done! ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone