Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H splashes in ocean

Reaction score
I should have known better as an experienced Typhoon H pilot. However, the battery died out before I was able to bring it in. Please save me the lectures and also your condolences. I know I screwed up. But watch the video that was downloaded to the ST16. I just wanted to share this with everyone because you don't see this much.

I should have known better as an experienced Typhoon H pilot. However, the battery died out before I was able to bring it in. Please save me the lectures and also your condolences. I know I screwed up. But watch the video that was downloaded to the ST16. I just wanted to share this with everyone because you don't see this much.
Oh my! It's like watching the bullet coming.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks for sharing that, Steve.

Interestingly, I had an issue with a Phantom on Friday. I was doing a coastal erosion job on the Fylde Coast (England). In flight the battery level started to drop rapidly after only 10 minutes in the air, and the aircraft began an auto-land. However, I didn't lose my cool, and I managed to get it to head straight for me. It was descending rapidly but I also made it come down at an angle towards me and I literally snatched it out of the air as it was flying past me. A good save.

That battery is now condemned. A shame because it only had 50 cycles on it. Time to get a new battery to replace it.

Thanks for posting this. I had a hard time watching this go down. In the land of over 10,000. lakes it is my fear for any of my birds. Only frozen lakes for me...

Reactions: DB1
I guess you recovered the H480 or we might not be able to watch the video.
That video is from the st16 controller, it records a low resolution video to the transmitter itself, not the greatest footage but you can see what went wrong during the flight.

Reactions: rdonson
Living on a lake where I do 90% of my flying that's my biggest fear . . .

and I would add that last winter the lake never froze through enough to walk on. So if the H went down I would be able to look at it sitting out there but not be able to retrieve it. If the lake does freeze over enough to walk on someone else might beat you to it. If it goes into the lake you have a chance of retrieving it relatively quick.

My neighbor's DJI dropped into the lake a couple years back but being in 15-20 feet of water he easily retrieved it. I was out rowing and stopped to watch him take pictures of his house when it just dropped out of the sky from a hover about 100 feet from him about 20 seconds after he set his controller on a table. He had it less than a month. He said DJI told him they would NOT cover water damage for any reason. Now he has a full set of spare mechanical parts - the electronics were all fried.

Is this footage possibly from Aruba where the wind is at constant 15 - 20 miles per hour?

OMG another reason I choose not to fly over or near water bad enough if it goes down in someones back garden but in the see not getting that back unless u have a boat handy

"Ouch" very painful watching knowing the control will do nothing - are you insured or is it a total financial loss for you ?

As he said video was off the ST16, the 480 must be swimming with the fishes! I will never fly over water, and if I did I have those floation
devices for the H Pro.
Where can I purchase flotation devices for my H Pro, thanks

Bearing in mind I don't think even with these fitted it would with stand the sea I think that's ok of your over a loch were the water is not unpredictable like the sea is

The st footage of your fatal flight is the only memory you get one it really goes bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430