Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H & ST16 no communication after update

Reaction score
Please Help!
Typhoon H model w/ st16 controller.......
I have a landing gear issue and Have done an up date on both Drone and controller and now the ST16 does not recognize the Typhoon H ..

There are videos that show how to bind drone and controller. Do a Google search or You Tube search. Yuneec also has a video out.

What is the problem with the landing gear?
Yesterday I took flight after about a 3 to 4 week rest .. When i did go flying i notice that my landing gear would not rise ... Hit landing gear up and the legs only rose about an 1/8 of an inch ... Would not raise any higher ... I have never crashed my typhoon so do not know why?
Some one suggested turning the H up side down and hit the switch ...did that and still gear wont rise
Any suggestion ? ...

Rebind? .... No ..
How do ya do that? ...
Right after updates the controller worked one time than quit ...
Power up the ST16 and then power up the H. Rock the H forward to at least 45 deg 3 times. You should get a flashing orange LED on the H. If this does not happen, try it a few more times. On the ST16 at the bottom of the screen is a tab that says system settings, press that. A warning will come up, press OK. Next press refresh and look at the window that says Model. It should show the H in white letters, select it. Press Bind at the bottom right of the screen. Then go back into normal flight screen.

Yesterday I took flight after about a 3 to 4 week rest .. When i did go flying i notice that my landing gear would not rise ... Hit landing gear up and the legs only rose about an 1/8 of an inch ... Would not raise any higher ... I have never crashed my typhoon so do not know why?
Some one suggested turning the H up side down and hit the switch ...did that and still gear wont rise
Any suggestion ? ...
In a previous post you made about the gear, I indicated that you should remove the gimbal and then turn the H upside down, then try the switch while it is upside down. Did you try it?

Any suggestion ? ...
I missed in your post that you tried it. It happened with mine as well after it sat for a while. I had to try this a few times to get it to work. Have you tried it more than once?

In a previous post you made about the gear, I indicated that you should remove the gimbal and then turn the H upside down, then try the switch while it is upside down. Did you try it?
I did that and it did the same thing .. No change

Yahooo!!!
Watched Video and both are together again ...
But still has landing gear issue ...
Turned it up side down and it will not retract ...

One more thing to try but it requires a tool. Look at where the gear mount to the body of the H. You'll see two small screws at each mounting location. Using either a 2mm or 2.5mm hex key, remove the screws and slide the landing gear out of the H. Using alcohol, contact cleaner, or a red rubber pencil erasure, clean the contact points on the gear motor housings. Replace the gear and secure them. Test the gear using the inverted H method you tried earlier.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss