Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H+ tips over during landing

Reaction score
Typhon H+ST16.
Já se připojuji (přidávám) a mám také dotaz.
Dron jde pomalu dolu a jak udělá přistání, tak poskakuje (trochu skáče) a někdy se převrátí. Dlouho se točí vrtule po přistání. Kde já najdu návod jak seřídit přistání. Já potřebuji aby se vrtule přestaly točit. Dlouho držím páku DOLU, ale vrtule se točí. NĚkdy po přistání se vrtule ještě točí , dron se převrátí a ulomily (zlomily) se vrtule.

Typhon H+ST16.
I'm joining (adding) and I also have a question.
The drone goes down slowly and as it lands, it bounces (jumps a bit) and sometimes flips over. The propeller spins for a long time after landing. Where can I find instructions on how to adjust the landing. I need the propellers to stop spinning. I hold the stick DOWN for a long time, but the propeller spins. SOMETIMES after landing the propellers are still spinning, the drone flips over and the propellers break (break).

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you are trying to land with the rate slider in the "Turtle" (slow) position. The motors do not idle all the way down when in "Turtle" position, and it causes the issues you describe.
If you have the rate slider in "Rabbit" mode (up), we need to look at other possible causes.

Zní to, jako byste se snažili přistát s posuvníkem rychlosti v poloze „Turtle“ (pomalá). Motory neběží úplně naprázdno, když jsou v poloze "želva", a to způsobuje problémy, které popisujete.
Pokud máte posuvník rychlosti v režimu „Králík“ (nahoru), musíme se podívat na další možné příčiny.
Ano, máte pravdu. Já mám páku dole, ale motory mají ještě sílu. Já potřebuji udělat asi nastavení páky, aby si dron sednul hodně. Toto se mi dělá už, kdy jsem dron koupil. Já musím dlouho držet páku- směr dolu. Dron někdy po přistání na zemi málo skočí (poskočí) a převrátil se. Vrtule byly zlomené. Ale více se mi to dělalo doma na dvoře při malém letu (pokusu). Když dron létal dlouho a venku na louce, tak se mi to nestalo. Asi potřebuji korekci páky aby si dron sednul na zem (podlahu) lépe.

But I did it more at home in the yard during a small flight (attempt). When the drone flew for a long time and outside in the meadow, it did not happen to me. I probably need a lever correction to make the drone sit on the ground (floor) better.
Did you have the rate slider up or down in this small flight? It should always be up during landing.

The calibration (lever correction) may help. Without knowing the history of the controller, it is possible the previous owner also performed an incorrect calibration. There are also other possibilities, such as problems with corrosion in the pots. Too many possibilities to tackle at once. It would be best to first try the landings with the rate slider fully up during landing, then discuss other possibilities if they are needed.

Uvědomte si, že naklonění jezdce rychlosti dolů NEVYTVOŘÍ větší snížení výkonu, když je páka plynu dole. Místo toho ponechává VÍCE výkonu vrtulím.
Když je posuvník rychlosti úplně nahoře, poskytuje maximální míru „dolů“, když je páka plynu dole.

Note that tilting the speed slider down will NOT create more power reduction when the throttle is down. Instead, it leaves MORE power to the propellers.
When the speed slider is all the way up, it provides the maximum amount of "down" when the throttle is down.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Could you please provide some of the last flight logs containing such a case? We can save time if we can find or exclude some typical reasons for this problem.
My first approch is always to do an accelerometer calibration. This is one thing I do often to prevent IMU problems, espcially since I know that IMU BIAS is changing during time (aging).

br HE

Já myslím, že to je jednoduché. Nedělat věc složitou. Není stárnutí. Dron po přistání dlouho točí motory. On se dotkne země (přistane) a tím je nyní (hned) lehký a jak se ty motory dlouho točí, tak se na chvíli on chce zvednout a spadne na bok (převrátí se). Také to může udělat někdy i vítr po přistání, protože motory dlouho pracují. Já potřebuji, aby ihned přestal točit a byl těžký. On točí ještě 3 sec. a já mám páku dolu. Jak kalibrovat aby přestal točit na zemi vrtulemi ty dlouhé 3 sec. Když motory vypnou hned a dron bude těžký, tak se nepřevrátí.
Řešení? Ihned po dotknutí země vypnout motory. (Píši slova opakovaně (omlouvám se), aby byl dobrý překlad do A).
Letový deník ne, lety jsou v pořádku. Jenom dlouho točí motory na zemi po přistání. Jak udělat aby hned vypnul motory.

I think it's simple. Don't make things complicated. There is no aging. The drone spins its engines for a long time after landing. He touches the ground (lands) and is now (immediately) light, and as the engines spin for a long time, he wants to rise for a moment and falls on his side (turns over). Also, sometimes the wind after landing can do it because the engines are running for a long time. I need it to stop spinning and be heavy immediately. He spins for 3 more seconds. and I have the lever down. How to calibrate so that it stops spinning on the ground with the propellers for those long 3 seconds. If the motors turn off immediately and the drone is heavy, it won't tip over.
Solution? Turn off the engines immediately after touching the ground. (I write the words repeatedly (sorry) so that there is a good translation into A).
Flight log no, flights are fine. They only run the engines for a long time on the ground after landing. How to make him turn off the engines immediately.

Do you have a Typhoon H (H480) or a Typhoon H Plus? H480: Motors must be stopped manually by the red button; H plus: Motors will stopped by FC after ~6s idle.
I think for H480 you want the motors go idle, right? Motors go idle when all conditions met for landing detection. Acc has a big influence on landing detection, I guess it is the most important part for it. Therefore I would recomment a acc cali. If you don't want to do it - your problem.
IMU is aging, believe me. I have all stages on my desk.
If you don't want to show flight logs, see if anyone is participating in the guessing game. I will not.

br HE

The symptoms you describe are classic of several different issues.

The first is landing with the Rate slider toward the Turtle position which can cause the motors to never idle down on landing. This can be alleviated by having the Rate slider placed toward the Rabbit position.

The second issue is that the sticks and/or the Rate slider have developed a patina of fine oxidation and are not giving a full range output. This can be corrected by cleaning them with a plastic safe contact cleaner.

A third issue could be that the sticks and other potentiometers are not properly calibrated. Before running the calibration for the ST16 the controls should be cleaned so drift is not introduced into the calibration.

A fourth issue could be drift in the IMU and this can be alleviated by running the static accelerometer calibration.

Your problem could be a combination of any of these. Posting flightlogs of the flights with the landing issue can give us a clue to what the actual issue could be. The logs have to include the telemetry.csv, remote.csv, and the remotegps.csv as the three together provide the clearest picture of what happens during a flight (from power on of the aircraft to power off of the aircraft when the ST16 is powered on first).

I have attached instructions for cleaning the sticks. There is no magic button you can push to correct the issue you are having except the first instance where placing the Rate slider to rabbit may cure the problem.

I agree with @h-elsner that if you choose to ignore our advice you are on your own. This is a common issue with the H480 and we have given you advice on how we can help. The choice is yours.

Attachments

• Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance.pdf
    230.1 KB · Views: 12
Máte Typhoon H (H480) nebo Typhoon H Plus? H480: Motory musí být zastaveny ručně červeným tlačítkem; H plus: Motory se zastaví FC po ~6s nečinnosti.
Myslím, že u H480 chcete, aby motory běžely naprázdno, že? Motory jdou naprázdno, když jsou splněny všechny podmínky pro detekci přistání. Acc má velký vliv na detekci přistání, myslím, že je to pro něj nejdůležitější část. Proto bych doporučil acc cali. Pokud to nechceš udělat - tvůj problém.
IMU stárne, věřte mi. Všechny fáze mám na stole.
Pokud nechcete ukazovat záznamy letů, podívejte se, zda se někdo neúčastní hádání. Nebudu.

br HE
Mám Typhon H Plus. Vím, že se motory zastavují červeným tlačítkem. Tady jde o těch 6 sec. Motory se točí moc rychle než to vypnu červeným tlačítkem. Dron tancuje než vypnu motory červeným tlačítkem. Já se ptám jak zpomalit vrtule aby dron dosedl a zústal sedět. . Prosím, nepiš mi o čištění ovládání.
Co je ACC nevím. Typhon mám 3 roky. Výška 30m, ulomila se vrtule, havárie. Já jsem opravil ramena, rozebral a opravil jsem kameru. Trochu já umím. Já chci jen kalibrovat páku aby se motory přestaly točit po přistání a nezvedaly dron nahoru.

I have a Typhon H Plus. I know the motors stop with the red button. This is about the 6 seconds. The motors spin too fast before I turn it off with the red button. The drone dances before I turn off the motors with the red button. I am asking how to slow down the propellers so that the drone lands and stays seated. . Please don't tell me about cleaning the controls.
I don't know what ACC is. I have a Typhon for 3 years. Height 30m, propeller broke off, crash. I repaired the arms, disassembled and repaired the camera. I can do a little. I just want to calibrate the lever so that the motors stop spinning after landing and do not lift the drone up.

Typhon H+ST16.
Já se připojuji (přidávám) a mám také dotaz.
Dron jde pomalu dolu a jak udělá přistání, tak poskakuje (trochu skáče) a někdy se převrátí. Dlouho se točí vrtule po přistání. Kde já najdu návod jak seřídit přistání. Já potřebuji aby se vrtule přestaly točit. Dlouho držím páku DOLU, ale vrtule se točí. NĚkdy po přistání se vrtule ještě točí , dron se převrátí a ulomily (zlomily) se vrtule.

Typhon H+ST16.
I'm joining (adding) and I also have a question.
The drone goes down slowly and as it lands, it bounces (jumps a bit) and sometimes flips over. The propeller spins for a long time after landing. Where can I find instructions on how to adjust the landing. I need the propellers to stop spinning. I hold the stick DOWN for a long time, but the propeller spins. SOMETIMES after landing the propellers are still spinning, the drone flips over and the propellers break (break).
i hand catch it always.

Mám Typhon H Plus. Vím, že se motory zastavují červeným tlačítkem. Tady jde o těch 6 sec. Motory se točí moc rychle než to vypnu červeným tlačítkem. Dron tancuje než vypnu motory červeným tlačítkem. Já se ptám jak zpomalit vrtule aby dron dosedl a zústal sedět. . Prosím, nepiš mi o čištění ovládání.
Co je ACC nevím. Typhon mám 3 roky. Výška 30m, ulomila se vrtule, havárie. Já jsem opravil ramena, rozebral a opravil jsem kameru. Trochu já umím. Já chci jen kalibrovat páku aby se motory přestaly točit po přistání a nezvedaly dron nahoru.

I have a Typhon H Plus. I know the motors stop with the red button. This is about the 6 seconds. The motors spin too fast before I turn it off with the red button. The drone dances before I turn off the motors with the red button. I am asking how to slow down the propellers so that the drone lands and stays seated. . Please don't tell me about cleaning the controls.
I don't know what ACC is. I have a Typhon for 3 years. Height 30m, propeller broke off, crash. I repaired the arms, disassembled and repaired the camera. I can do a little. I just want to calibrate the lever so that the motors stop spinning after landing and do not lift the drone up.
Things are getting clearer now. Your first post was added to another thread in the Typhoon H forum and not the Typhoon H+ forum and it was off topic of the other thread so I moved the first two posts to start a new thread in the Typhoon H forum.

So you are having this issue with a Typhoon H Plus with a ST16S controller.

I will advise you to clean the potentiometers and connections for the sticks on your ST16S before you do the controller calibration. The process is actually easier for the ST16S because the cover comes off without the antenna connectors being attached to it.

This is a video for doing the calibration of the ST16S controller. The most important part of doing the calibration is making sure the sticks, the camera tilt slider, the camera pan knob, and the rate slider are all at their centered positions before selecting ‘next’ to advance to the second portion of the calibration.

Prosím hodně, neříkej mi abych čistil. Já něco umím a vím. Děkuji za přesun vlákna.
K problému. Po přistání a dosednutí drona na trávu motory dlouho ještě (pořád) točí a mají sílu na převrácení. Potřebuji po přistání snížit rychle otáčky. Nastavit páku na nulu. Páka stále dává sílu motorům. Bylo to už i po koupení drona z obchodu. Proto mi neříkejte abych čistil kontakty. Dron si má sednout a přestat točit vrtule. to je jenom tento můj problém. Páka nejde více dolu aby se motory točily pomalu po přistání. Prosím o postup nastavení páky více dolu. Jenom toto. Děkuji.

Usually a problem handling needs diagnosis first but if you don't want, it's OK for me.
The question is clear and the answer is easy: You have no possibility to change that.
Reason:
- ST16S don't allow channel settings.
- H Plus autopilot don't allow to change parameters.
- As far as I know, no FW is available for this special case (whatever case it is).
Sorry, but will not get what you want.

br HE

Please a lot, don't tell me to clean. I know something and I know. Thank you for moving the thread.
To the problem. After landing and touching down the drone on the grass, the engines still spin for a long time (still) and have the power to overturn. I need to reduce the speed quickly after landing. Set the leverage to zero. The lever still gives power to the engines. It was already after buying a drone from the store. Therefore, do not tell me to clean the contacts. The drone should sit down and stop spinning the propellers. That's just my problem. The lever does not go down any further so that the engines spin slowly after landing. Please follow the procedure of adjusting the lever more down. Just this. Thank you.
@RudaR,
„Postupem nastavení páky více dolů“ byla nabídka Nastavení kanálu. Byl k dispozici na původním TH s ST16. Jak řekl @h-elsner, není k dispozici na TH Plus s ST16S. (Oba ovladače jsou označeny jako "ST16", ale nejedná se o stejný ovladač)
Nejbližší formou úpravy na ST16S by byla kalibrace kanálu. Kalibrace kanálu pravděpodobně nepomůže, ale pokud to chcete vyzkoušet, podívejte se na video výše v příspěvku #12 od @DoomMeister. Níže uvedený dokument ukazuje, jak otevřít kalibrační obrazovku.

The "procedure of adjusting the lever more down" was the Channel Settings menu. It was available on the original TH with the ST16. As @h-elsner said, it is not available on the TH Plus with the ST16S. (Both controllers are labeled as "ST16", but they are not the same controller)
The nearest form of adjustment on the ST16S would be channel calibration. Channel calibration is not likely to help, but it you want to try it, refer to the video above in Post #12 by @DoomMeister. The document below shows how to open the calibration screen.

Attachments

• Open Calibration Screen-CZ.pdf
    736.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Open Calibration Screen-EN.pdf
    841 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Dobře, děkuji. Myslel jsem, že se dá nastavit ST16 a že to někdo zná a umí. Já budu studovat a zkoušet sám (já). Nemám já problém. Já jsem myslel, že na to je nějaký manuál.

Legrace co jsem udělal : Zapojení baterie 8000mAh. Dron si nese baterii na nohách. (Nohy mu nesou baterii).

Well thank you. I thought it was possible to set up the ST16 and that someone knew and could do it. I will study and try by myself (I). I don't have a problem. I thought there was a manual for that.

Fun thing I did: Connecting the 8000mAh battery. The drone carries the battery on its legs. (His legs carry the battery).

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_180438.jpg
    IMG_20230509_180438.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20230509_181949.jpg
    IMG_20230509_181949.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
Dobře, děkuji. Myslel jsem, že se dá nastavit ST16 a že to někdo zná a umí. Já budu studovat a zkoušet sám (já). Nemám já problém. Já jsem myslel, že na to je nějaký manuál.

Legrace co jsem udělal : Zapojení baterie 8000mAh. Dron si nese baterii na nohách. (Nohy mu nesou baterii).

Well thank you. I thought it was possible to set up the ST16 and that someone knew and could do it. I will study and try by myself (I). I don't have a problem. I thought there was a manual for that.

Fun thing I did: Connecting the 8000mAh battery. The drone carries the battery on its legs. (His legs carry the battery).
Is this the drone you are having the landing issue with? I ask because this is a Typhoon H with a CGO3+ camera and not a Typhoon H+.

Chystal jsem se reagovat stejně. Naše odpovědi byly od příspěvku č. 10 stejné, protože jste byli přesvědčeni, že máte Typhoon H Plus. Obrázky jsou Typhoon H PRO, který je stejný jako Typhoon H s přidaným RealSense. Správný ovladač pro Typhoon H by byl ST16. Pokud jsou tyto obrázky vašeho dronu, hodně to změní odpovědi. Porovnejte prosím dva níže uvedené obrázky šroubů na ovládacích pákách. Jeden (ST16 pro TH) má viditelné šrouby. Druhý (ST16S pro H Plus) má skryté šrouby. který je tvůj?

I was about to respond the same way. Our answers have been the same since Post #10 because you seemed convinced you had a Typhoon H Plus. The pictures are of a Typhoon H PRO, which is the same as a Typhoon H with RealSense added. The correct controller for the Typhoon H would be an ST16. If the pictures are of the drone you are asking about, this changes the answers a lot. Please compare the two images below of the screws in the control sticks. One (ST16 for TH) has visible screws. The other (ST16S for H Plus) has hidden screws. Which is yours?
ST-16 - ST16S.jpg

@RudaR
Jak vysoké jsou ty prodloužení nohou?
Dochází k volnému pohybu na spojích mezi původní délkou a prodloužením?
Vzhledem k pozdnímu odhalení nestandardní baterie a jejího uchycení a existenci prodloužení nohou, je na vašem nastavení ještě něco nestandardního?

How tall are those leg extensions?
Is there any loose movement at the joints between the original length and the extension?
Given the late revelation of the non-standard battery and its mount, and the existence of the leg extensions, is there anything else non-standard about your set-up?

Je to ten dron, se kterým máte problém s přistáním? Ptám se proto, že se jedná o Typhoon H s kamerou CGO3+ a ne Typhoon H+.
Ano je to ten typ dronu, ale je já jsem ho upravil před několika dny. Dal jsem mu delší nohy aby mohl nést baterii pod kamerou. Mohu měnit baterie a i nohy. Mohu dát originální baterii nebo 8000mAh.
Ptáte se na typ, moc jsem se tím nezabýval, ale zde- Nákup: YUNTYHBEU-W Yuneec Typhoon H Advance.
Model: SR24S_24286v 1.07, kamera: CGOP_6225CC, verze systému ST16: st16_system_v03.01.b30 Verze APK: st16_app_v01.00.45

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss