Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H turning left slower than right...curious

Reaction score
I was practicing spinning Left and right this morning on my Typhoon and I noticed that it turns slightly slower going left than right. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is? Just curious. It does not interfere with flying or video..

Have you checked to make sure your sticks' output is full left and right?
Turn on the ST16
Click on "System Settings" - Say "OK" to the pop up
Click on "Hardware Monitor"

When you move the rudder stick does the J2 Graph move to both the top and bottom equally corresponding with the stick movement?

Pat

Reactions: stormsgate
Have you checked to make sure your sticks' output is full left and right?
Turn on the ST16
Click on "System Settings" - Say "OK" to the pop up
Click on "Hardware Monitor"

When you move the rudder stick does the J2 Graph move to both the top and bottom equally corresponding with the stick movement?

Pat
First thank you for your time...... the left stick seems to be a tad bit short, { not quite moving as far as the right} on movement compared to the right stick. How do I adjust that?

Last edited:
Last edited:
First thank you for your time...... the left stick seems to be a tad bit short, { not quite moving as far as the right} on movement compared to the right stick. How do I adjust that?

Are you saying that the left joystick is not physically moving as far as the right stick or that the graph in the hardware monitor is not going all the way to the top and bottom when that stick is moved? If its the former, then you might need to have Yuneec look at it if its under warranty or perhaps just a quick inspection yourself if you're up to the task. If its the latter, follow the now (non-secret);) menu to get into the ST16 calibration mode that Eagle Eye posted above

Dirt... work the sticks before you fly, test it in hover before your mission. I always wiggle left sticks around while drone is about 10' off the ground and do it till I see proper response in all directions. My original ST has had this problem and this always corrects it. I do it with the other two if I use them out of habit. I've seen a lot of energy spent on people freaking out over this when it self corrects with some stick movement. That's what the calibration does - you basically are cleaning the pot by moving it around. Ask any guitar player how to get their volume knob (another rheostat) behaving. Pilots should always check and exercise their sticks as part of preflight.

Are you saying that the left joystick is not physically moving as far as the right stick or that the graph in the hardware monitor is not going all the way to the top and bottom when that stick is moved? If its the former, then you might need to have Yuneec look at it if its under warranty or perhaps just a quick inspection yourself if you're up to the task. If its the latter, follow the now (non-secret);) menu to get into the ST16 calibration mode that Eagle Eye posted above

The graph in the hardware monitor is not going all the way to the top and bottom when the stick is moved. But this problem is very marginal. I was just curious

Dirt... work the sticks before you fly, test it in hover before your mission. I always wiggle left sticks around while drone is about 10' off the ground and do it till I see proper response in all directions. My original ST has had this problem and this always corrects it. I do it with the other two if I use them out of habit. I've seen a lot of energy spent on people freaking out over this when it self corrects with some stick movement. That's what the calibration does - you basically are cleaning the pot by moving it around. Ask any guitar player how to get their volume knob (another rheostat) behaving. Pilots should always check and exercise their sticks as part of preflight.

Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis