Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H UAV Pilot

Reaction score
I was very pleased that the package came with a flight simulator. I was looking forward to some serious training before taking on any difficult flying situations.

Well I loaded my software, plugged in the USB Simu-Connector and then got stuck. Called Yuneec in CA and a Tech helped me set up a Sim Drone. Then we proceeded to the Binding process.

After plugging and unplugging the USB stick, opening and closing the UAV-Pilot program several times we finally got it to bind. I proceeded to test it out for a hour or so then took a break so I shut down the ST16 and closed the program. When I fired it back up, ST16 first then program it wouldn't lift off. Tried other combinations of startup. Fiddled with it for a long time, stick in and out restarting program and finally it was connected again. I tried a couple of the challenge flights and crashed on the second try. The UAV-Pilot disconnected and try as I might I could never Bind it again.

So I bond the ST16 to the Typhoon H and took to the air in a quiet empty cul-de-sac next to open pastures.

I would like to get the simulator working again so I can practice and develop more smooth use of the controls.

Any suggestions regarding a easier method of Binding the Sim drone to the ST16. Right now I don't seem to be able to get it going again.

I made a separate copy of the H in the controller that I use to fly with the sim only. But sometimes the software can be finicky. Lots of times I need to restart it all to work again. Just the way it is.

I ALSO BUY THE SIMULATOR TO PREPARE ME, I WORK VERY WELL, BUT I DISAPPOINT THE BASIC THAT IS.

IT HAS A CHALLENGING PART, BUT IT IS ONLY FOR ANGLE MODE.

THERE IS NO SIMULATION WHERE THE CAMERA CAN BE USED AND FOCUSED OR FOLLOWED.

A PENALTY BECAUSE IT HAS VERY GOOD GRAPHICS, BUT IT IS HOW TO LEARN TO HANDLE A CAR IN A STRAIGHT STREET AND WITHOUT OTHER VEHICLES.

I WOULD HAVE MORE OPTIONS, SEE WHAT THE CAMERA FOCUSES, AND SOMETHING TO CENTER THE CAMERA TO LEARN TO FOLLOW IT MANUAL.

IN THE END I HAD TO DO THIS, WITH HELP MY GRANDFATHER.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie