Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H video corrupted

Reaction score
After the first 5 mns recording the next video is corrupted.
Has anyone met this problem?

I have not heard of this before. Are you stopping the video recording before powering off the aircraft and camera? If you didn’t , place the card back in the camera, power up the system, start a recording and stop it in just a few seconds. See if the corrupt video file is now closed out properly and becomes readable.

This is an issue that is not unique to Yuneec. I’ve heard of this issue with other brands also.

Last edited:
Reactions: WTFDproject
I have not of this before. Are you stopping the video recording before powering off the aircraft and camera? If you didn’t , place the card back in the camera, power up the system, start a recording and stop it in just a few seconds. See if the corrupt video file is now closed out properly and becomes readable.

This is Ann issue that is not unique to Yuneec. I’ve heard of this issue with other brands also.
It works perfectly when I stop and start recording. It is when the 5 minutes have lapsed and it restarts automatically.

Yuneec as well as most other drone manufacturers split long video recordings into 5 minute clips. If I understand you correctly you are saying the first 5 minute clip records fine, but the continuing clips are corrupted and are not usable. Is this the case?

Personally I would just be happyy with shorter videos anyways. I have learned all my longer videos are for the most part boring or make it very hard to deal with when watching or editing. I do understand where you are coming from but it could leadto a lengthy solution. could even be sd card. KC 2 5 minute clips and it's almost battery time anyways

Personally I would just be happyy with shorter videos anyways. I have learned all my longer videos are for the most part boring or make it very hard to deal with when watching or editing. I do understand where you are coming from but it could leadto a lengthy solution. could even be sd card. KC 2 5 minute clips and it's almost battery time anyways
I have to do what my client wants. usually 20 sec of finish product. Which is at least 10mn of shooting on a good day.

Reactions: 7cyclops
That is correct
Which camera and aircraft are you using? This could be an issue with corrupted firmware, a hardware issue in the camera, or possibly an issue with the SD media you are using.

Once I know which system you are using I’ll move it to the sub forum for that system and we will continue to address your camera’s problem.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Which camera and aircraft are you using? This could be an issue with corrupted firmware, a hardware issue in the camera, or possibly an issue with the SD media you are using.

Once I know which system you are using I’ll move it to the sub forum for that system and we will continue to address your camera’s problem.
Typhoon H with cgo3+

What SD cards are you using? Many have had issues with Samsung cards.

Are the continuation clips unreadable or is the video just garbled?

What firmware version are you on for the system? Go into About Controller while bound to the aircraft/camera and report your version numbers here.

Have you tried doing a video longer than 5 minutes with the system powered up and not airborne?

Typhoon H with cgo3+
I am using the original sd card and I havent been able to find a firmware upgrade for the H, only for the H+
What SD cards are you using? Many have had issues with Samsung cards.

Are the continuation clips unreadable or is the video just garbled?

What firmware version are you on for the system? Go into About Controller while bound to the aircraft/camera and report your version numbers here.

Have you tried doing a video longer than 5 minutes with the system powered up and not airborne?
I am using the sd card that came with the drone
The clips are unreadable unless I use a recovery app and then they are very jumpy
I will check the firmware version and do the test tomorrow (it is 9 pm here) and I will do the the system powered up too.
thanks for your help

When you record a video longer than 5 minutes are you pressing the record button to stop the video recording before you power down the drone? I ask because your symptoms are those that are seen when the system is powered down without stopping the recording. It can usually be recovered by starting a recording and stopping after a few seconds. The camera will then properly close all recoding files that were not properly closed.
38E5A400-D64C-4095-9C90-992133D49195.jpeg
Your SD card should also be Class10 (10 enclosed by a C) U3 (3 inside the U) rated. Cards 32GB and less will be formatted FAT32 and those 64GB and larger will use exFAT. The max size usable is 128GB. The V30 rating on the SanDisk card also signifies the minimum video record speed for the card, and V30 will do 4K video.

Attachments

• 4542CA67-60AB-45EB-8C15-704B97C9BD66.jpeg
    4542CA67-60AB-45EB-8C15-704B97C9BD66.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 2
Just for clarification.
1.) Are you using the record stop button to end the video during the second 5 minute clip?
2.) Have you tried putting the SD card back into the camera, recording a few seconds, using the stop button to close it and then checking to see if it fixed the issue? (that won't work if you have already used another program to attempt video repair)

When you record a video longer than 5 minutes are you pressing the record button to stop the video recording before you power down the drone? I ask because your symptoms are those that are seen when the system is powered down without stopping the recording. It can usually be recovered by starting a recording and stopping after a few seconds. The camera will then properly close all recoding files that were not properly closed.
View attachment 26555
Your SD card should also be Class10 (10 enclosed by a C) U3 (3 inside the U) rated. Cards 32GB and less will be formatted FAT32 and those 64GB and larger will use exFAT. The max size usable is 128GB. The V30 rating on the SanDisk card also signifies the minimum video record speed for the card, and V30 will do 4K video.

View attachment 26555
I have also had the exact same issue, this is important information

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1