Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H wizard wand won't pull down landing gear

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just received my second wizard after sending back the first one because it wouldn't raise the landing gear up. This second one won't raise it either.

Am I missing something? I watched it work with several videos, but I can find very little about this issue on the interwebs.

Thanks

Am I missing something?
Can't really tell if you are missing something unless you provide details of what you are doing.

However:
Are you pressing both buttons, short press, at the same time?
Is the Typoon H altitude above the permissive to allow landing gear retract?
Will the landing gear retract if you turn the TH upside down for test?
wiard buttons.JPG wiard buttons 2.JPG

Can't really tell if you are missing something unless you provide details of what you are doing.

However:
Are you pressing both buttons, short press, at the same time?
Is the Typoon H altitude above the permissive to allow landing gear retract?
Will the landing gear retract if you turn the TH upside down for test?
View attachment 22401 View attachment 22402

Yes, on both buttons just like the videos I mentioned
I have been attempting in the same fashion as the S16 which didn't seem to have an altitude requirement on gear function, but I'll certainly be testing that.
I had no idea about this upside down test. I'll be checking that out as well.

THANK you for your help!, I'll report back.

For the upside down test, remove the camera, turn the drone on, let it initialize, ensure it is bound to the wizard, then turn it upside down. The landing gear should respond to the up/down commands. You can test the method by trying it with the ST16 first to ensure the landing gear still work. They do get cranky sometimes.

For the upside down test, remove the camera, turn the drone on, let it initialize, ensure it is bound to the wizard, then turn it upside down. The landing gear should respond to the up/down commands. You can test the method by trying it with the ST16 first to ensure the landing gear still work. They do get cranky sometimes.

I've tried all, except I didn't remove the camera when I tested the gear upside down. No response from gear.

I thought about binding back to the S16 just in case something happened to the gear. I'll check that and let ytou know....Thanks again.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Well, I bound back to the S16 and all is working ok, went back to bind wizard and no landing gear.

With the absence of any others reporting on this problem, and as this is my second wand that doesn't work, I'm thinking I just got 'lucky' with this aircraft.

How about the firmware? I bought this (amazon) around a year ago. From what I can see, the last firmware drop was back in 2017 so I'm thinking this is up to date.

I can't think of anything else to try.

Thx

Well, I bound back to the S16 and all is working ok, went back to bind wizard and no landing gear.

With the absence of any others reporting on this problem, and as this is my second wand that doesn't work, I'm thinking I just got 'lucky' with this aircraft.

How about the firmware? I bought this (amazon) around a year ago. From what I can see, the last firmware drop was back in 2017 so I'm thinking this is up to date.

I can't think of anything else to try.

Thx
There is a firmware update for the Wizard. That could be the issue. Downloads - Yuneec

Reactions: hazen
Reactions: RedWilga
Updated link for the firmware for the Wizard that adds the combos to control landing gear and other functions on the Typhoon H.

You can find the combos for TH control in this document https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/typhoon-h-user-manual-vcho3-2-pdf.16324/
DM,
Thanks for your input! I am having trouble with the USB connection though. Computer says wizard is plugged into Port 1 but the device is unknown and the Firmware Update program doesn't allow for any port to be selected. How did you get this to work?

Yuneec Wizard USB update.png

Updated link for the firmware for the Wizard that adds the combos to control landing gear and other functions on the Typhoon H.

You can find the combos for TH control in this document https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/typhoon-h-user-manual-vcho3-2-pdf.16324/
DM,
Just found this link tip. Disregard previous ask. Thanks!

"To get the Wizard into update mode you must press the red Start/Stop button and hold it down. Then press the On/Off button to switch the Wizard on. Then you will get a valid COM port to select it in the FW tool. Mine PC gave it the port COM12 but there may be another number assigned.

You can observe this behavior in Windows Device Manager. If you switch on the Wizard a unrecognized USB device will appear. If you hold the red button down and switch the Wizard on then a new additional COM port "STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port" will appear in the Device Manager. That one is the one for FW"

Reactions: Nko and DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval