Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Won't Start / Fast Beeping Error

Reaction score
A little frustrated right now with this thing. Having not used it for a few months, I expected updates required and the usual refresher but I can't get this thing to do anything at this point except display the camera, even though the drone is not even turned on.

So, here's the background. I fired up the remote and drone and calibrated the compass yesterday. Meanwhile, the thing had been incessantly beeping away which, best I've found says you have to go in to the secret menu and it's likely toggle calibration or something. I wasn't quite able to get to that to even begin to figure it out. I tried 3 times to do an update to the aircraft and it would get through 2 steps and give a failure on the third.

I turned things off and on a few times, trying again. At some point, the drone would not turn on at all with the usually loud beeps. Instead, just a white light on power button and no sounds at all, though the remote can connect to the camera.

My initial thought was that I ran the battery dead dealing with above but I charged all night, fresh battery and it will not start. So, now I need it to start to see if I still have the fast beeping problem.

Appreciate some insight here.

---------------------------------------
UPDATE: Ok, using this tutorial from Yuneec I stumbled, I got the drone to finally fire back up. NOW, I'm back where I was originally with the continuous and rapid beat, light flashing from purple to white every few seconds.

Also, camera now faces straight down.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

FYI - When I go to that secret menu, all buttons are red and when I click start, all show red fail. Though J3 has flipped to green and Pass. All others fail.

There has to be a way to reset or something here.

Eric

Last edited:
You got bricked out potentially from firmware attempts. Try going back into remote, make a new model, turn on the H to get flashing blue light, tilt forward a few times to enter bind mode and flashing orange light. Go into bind screen of ST and rebind. Try that. Do it without camera to start and get bird first. If that works, shut down, attach camera, restart and rebind camera. If you are not clear on binding, you tube search.

Reactions: AJan
You got bricked out potentially from firmware attempts. Try going back into remote, make a new model, turn on the H to get flashing blue light, tilt forward a few times to enter bind mode and flashing orange light. Go into bind screen of ST and rebind. Try that. Do it without camera to start and get bird first. If that works, shut down, attach camera, restart and rebind camera. If you are not clear on binding, you tube search.
I appreciate the feedback. Only problem is the aircraft will not start up at all in order TO rebind. I did this binding yesterday successfully while it was at least powering up but now, when I press the power button, it beeps once, and the white light on the power button only remains on. That's all I get so I need to get this thing to power up before I can bind again. Thoughts?

The constant beeping was going on before I attempted and failed at the firmware. Since then, as noted above, I've successfully started the drone and I've successfully updated the firmware to the 3.x. The beeping continues and not sure why the camera started pointing downward.

Hi kirkeric, this happened to me today!! Brand new st16, been boxed up for over a year! turned out it was the J4 control slightly off centre. I calibrated all the controls on the remote, then did a compass & accelerometer calibration and the beeps stopped and off she flew into the sunset!!

Was nothing to do with the firmware in my situation btw.
Hope that helps!!

Last edited:
Sounds like your bricked out. That happened to me back during an update way back. I had to get a special file from Yuneec that you install via the GUI. They sent me the file and an email explaining the procedure. I was very skeptical as I didn’t figure it’d work since I had no power on. But the H recognized the file from the place I put it in the GUI per their instructions and installed this reclaim brain fix. You then have to redo all firmware and that’s when I realized that using OTA was too sketchy and went back to loading on SD card.

Call them and just prompt in your number for a call back. That got me started on the email chain that got me the repair firmware. It’s not broken but you won’t unlock start up again without this.

Reactions: rdonson
Sounds like your bricked out. That happened to me back during an update way back. I had to get a special file from Yuneec that you install via the GUI. They sent me the file and an email explaining the procedure. I was very skeptical as I didn’t figure it’d work since I had no power on. But the H recognized the file from the place I put it in the GUI per their instructions and installed this reclaim brain fix. You then have to redo all firmware and that’s when I realized that using OTA was too sketchy and went back to loading on SD card.

Call them and just prompt in your number for a call back. That got me started on the email chain that got me the repair firmware. It’s not broken but you won’t unlock start up again without this.

Ok, so just getting back to this. Thanks for you response. That's the exact process I mentioned above with the video. It basically restores the aircraft to some earlier version which gets it to start up. I did that (version 1.28 I believe) which, like you, I was skeptical but I did it via the GUI and it fired up. Then you update to the current version and clear cache. DONE.

So, where I am now remains the problem. It starts up, then goes in to a constant, fast beeping. Connects to camera but it points downward (which wasn't the case before). And, if I go in to that secret menu, basically everything fails.

I'm not sure where to go from here and the pinned post about the secret menu, at least for me, isn't that helpful except that I now know about a secret menu. I do not see how to reset all of those buttons to show pass. My guess is that IS the underlying problem at this point.

I had to schedule a call back and earliest is tuesday! Hope that's not an indication of major problems.

Eric

Have you performed a “reset” on the ST16? That will not delete the firmware but resets the controller and you’ll need to create a new “model” and rebind.

Have you performed a “reset” on the ST16? That will not delete the firmware but resets the controller and you’ll need to create a new “model” and rebind.

That might be the only thing I've not done. :) How do you reset? Binding is simple enough, have done that like 5 times.

Open Pad, settings, select Reset.
Then you have to create a new model, name and save it, then bind the H to the new model.

Every time he has mentioned entering the hidden menu he has failed to mention performing the full calibration process. At this point I’m presuming the OP has still not performed a calibration. There’s no way the system will correct until that has been completed, and messing with the firmware is a very fast way to make a problem worse, especially when there are failures to execute processes correctly.

Every time he has mentioned entering the hidden menu he has failed to mention performing the full calibration process. At this point I’m presuming the OP has still not performed a calibration. There’s no way the system will correct until that has been completed, and messing with the firmware is a very fast way to make a problem worse, especially when there are failures to execute processes correctly.

If by "he", you mean me, well you are right. There's no way for me to know to do that, how to do that, etc. As mentioned earlier, the post that describes this leaves all details out. It says something like "press the buttons it tells you to". Well, it doesn't prompt nor does it even hint at what to do. I did in fact press calibrate and everything else to no avail.

What would be nice is a step by step on how to perform this.

Eric

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my