Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Yuneec

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I was bringing my Typhoon into land battery low alarmed hit home button but it just dropped down onto our roof crashed onto flat roof....I did ave an old mavic in the past but if battery level hit critical it took its self to home doesn't the H have that facility
I have dowloaded and printed a user guide but no info available.Drone.jpg.
One of the legs has broken off and I cannot locate a drone repair centre I am based in Malmesbury Wiltshire UK anyone know where I can get it repaired please? regards Chris

Attachments

• Drone 2.jpg
    Drone 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 25
One of the legs has broken off and I cannot locate a drone repair centre I am based in Malmesbury Wiltshire UK anyone know where I can get it repaired please? regards Chris

Those repair are fairly simple and can easily be done by yourself. Unless you are very careless there is basically no risk of damaging any critical components.

Reactions: AJan
I was bringing my Typhoon into land battery low alarmed hit home button but it just dropped down onto our roof crashed onto flat roof....I did ave an old mavic in the past but if battery level hit critical it took its self to home doesn't the H have that facility

Yes, something did not go as planned with the return home. If you would like to upload the flight logs we can probably help you avoid a repeat of the incident.
Attachment 49 in the following document provides instructions for retrieving and uploading the FlightLogs if needed:
"Way To Fix Drones project"

" hit home button but it just dropped"
Note the phrase "hit home button" might be a clue to your situation. "Home" is not a button on the ST16. But the "Start/Stop Motors" is. Is there any chance you hit the red shutdown button instead of activating the Return to Home switch?

"I cannot locate a drone repair centre I am based in Malmesbury Wiltshire UK anyone know where I can get it repaired please? "
"YUNEEC Drones for Beginners and Professionals - Yuneec"
"Contact possibilities in terms of a service request - Yuneec"

"I did ave an old mavic in the past but if battery level hit critical it took its self to home doesn't the H have that facility"
Yes, The Typhoon H does have automatic features to return home on low battery level. Routine reliance on the automatic feature is not recommended, but the feature is mentioned a few times in the attached manual. This manual is an updated version of the Yuneec manual, provided by one of our members, @ogrench:

Attachments

• TH Manual Updated.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi Folks,
I have dowloaded and printed a user guide but no info available.View attachment 21224.
What are you usually landing at in voltage, do you often let the the controller vibrate a warning before landing? Should be on the ground by 14.8/14.6volts. As others say easy repair.

If you buy arm complete with motor etc, then you just swap Led light and cover fom old one.

Thanks all yes I meant the lever rocker switch I know the red button shuts the unit down thank you
What are you usually landing at in voltage, do you often let the the controller vibrate a warning before landing? Should be on the ground by 14.8/14.6volts. As others say easy repair.

If you buy arm complete with motor etc, then you just swap Led light and cover fom old one.
Thanks but I do not think you looked at photos it looks much more complicated than you think

Attachments

• Drone 2.jpg
    Drone 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Drone.jpg
    Drone.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 18
Those repair are fairly simple and can easily be done by yourself. Unless you are very careless there is basically no risk of damaging any critical components.
Looks like there is more to it do you think that is a simple repair ?

Attachments

• Drone 2.jpg
    Drone 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Drone.jpg
    Drone.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 25
Yes, something did not go as planned with the return home. If you would like to upload the flight logs we can probably help you avoid a repeat of the incident.
Attachment 49 in the following document provides instructions for retrieving and uploading the FlightLogs if needed:
"Way To Fix Drones project"

" hit home button but it just dropped"
Note the phrase "hit home button" might be a clue to your situation. "Home" is not a button on the ST16. But the "Start/Stop Motors" is. Is there any chance you hit the red shutdown button instead of activating the Return to Home switch?

"I cannot locate a drone repair centre I am based in Malmesbury Wiltshire UK anyone know where I can get it repaired please? "
"YUNEEC Drones for Beginners and Professionals - Yuneec"
"Contact possibilities in terms of a service request - Yuneec"

"I did ave an old mavic in the past but if battery level hit critical it took its self to home doesn't the H have that facility"
Yes, The Typhoon H does have automatic features to return home on low battery level. Routine reliance on the automatic feature is not recommended, but the feature is mentioned a few times in the attached manual. This manual is an updated version of the Yuneec manual, provided by one of our members, @ogrench:
Thanks all yes I meant the lever rocker switch I know the red button shuts the unit down thank you for your info Chris

Chris,

The video shows how to replace the broken arm. From what I can see in the photos you posted it appears that is all that needs to be done. The good news is that you are in the UK and Customer Support there is good. The state of the pandemic may delay getting repairs done unless you are willing to do the repair yourself.

Mainframe looks OK. The top cover looks like it's chipped a bit, can't see the plate which screws into it, which the spring clip mates against. Yuneec UK are pretty responsive still.

9C95010B-08AD-41F6-9F6A-C3A67E103E04.jpeg
Comparing his photos to the one I just took of mine, I would say the latch block is still there. The hinge screw appears to be in place on his aircraft. Pretty sure he just needs to replace the arm.

Looks like there is more to it do you think that is a simple repair ?

Yes, it is not hard at all. As far as I can tell only one arm is broken. Replacing it is straight forward. You open the case by removing the screws close to the turning point of the arms and carefully unclip the cover. Now you can lift the entire upper part and disconnect the GPS from the mainboard. It is a big, white connector. Afterwards you have full acces to the upperside of the internals.

The arm can be removed by disconnecting the three coloured wires as well as the white connector, which is for the LED. Also remove the large screw which is connecting the arm to the body.

The body is a little bit damaged but I would ignore that. It is not relevant for functionality or even safety.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Get a 2part glue clean broken parts give it one hour in oven 80°pack the skrue in stanniol så it is possivle skrue it out when drying. My H480 bin repair many timesIMG_20200325_041844.jpegIMG_20200325_041904.jpegIMG_20200403_142205_01.jpeg

Get a 2part glue clean broken parts give it one hour in oven 80°pack the skrue in stanniol så it is possivle skrue it out when drying. My H480 bin repair many timesView attachment 21508View attachment 21509View attachment 21510
I admire what you've done, but for me personally that's tempting fate too much. There will be a weakness there, I would be too worried it would break off and dangle in flight. That's quite a leverage point, and gets stressed folding etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio