Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H

Reaction score
What is the difference between a typhoon H,H pro and H plus .I bought an H Pro for parts and I can't tell the difference . I know the H plus dimensions are a little bigger is this correct thanks

Go to Yuneec web site it should tell you the differences.
Also You Tube will help.

For your purposes, the standard H and H Pro are the exact same aircraft and controller except the Pro has RealSense. They also both have the exact same camera and outside of the RS module - all part are interchangeable.

The Plus only looks similar to casual observers, it is a completely different system altogether. Different controller, different interface, different camera, different motors, props and generally everything else. Nothing of the Plus is interchangeable with either of the standard H models except for the landing gear and a maybe some of the hardware such as screws and so forth.

For your purposes, the standard H and H Pro are the exact same aircraft and controller except the Pro has RealSense. They also both have the exact same camera and outside of the RS module - all part are interchangeable.

The Plus only looks similar to casual observers, it is a completely different system altogether. Different controller, different interface, different camera, different motors, props and generally everything else. Nothing of the Plus is interchangeable with either of the standard H models except for the landing gear and a maybe some of the hardware such as screws and so forth.
In Europe and UK. on their websites. Typhoon h advanced is the basic version with no backpack, one battery, the Pro comes in either standard or Realsense version, extra battery, backpack, wizard and extra props, in the US the Pro is just realsense version, all confusing, and the Plus is the next step up, better overall machine.

Reactions: DCH and Jimmie

What about the batteries, there's already people using older battery in plus?

Last edited:
What about the batteries, there's already people using older battery in plus?
Yes, that would be me! I regularly use H480 batteries in my Plus. And also @Ty Pilot, the Gimbal mount is the same across the H platform.

THICS (Typhoon H Identity Crisis Syndrome) is a real thing and this Forum should offer counseling for it since most of us have suffered with it to some extent at one point in our Yuneec lives. This truly is a very confusing issue, especially since they all look basically the same. A good clear way for me to differentiate between the two platforms here on the Forum is to refer to the Standard H & H Pro as "H480"s, because the H Plus is a 520mm airframe (like the H520). But then again not everyone knows that either because you can't really tell until you see an H480 and a H Plus side by side -and even then you have to look closely because it's hard to see a 5mm difference in a motor arm. ?

Simple - look at the camera - CG03+ - you've got an H 480, C23 - you've got a Plus, E90 - it's a 520. ?
Geez, now you've gone and made too easy! Although it takes a very keen eye to detect the subtle appearance difference between a C23 & E90, especially after a few feet away. Good thing you don't need to see the camera to tell the difference between a TH Plus and H520, ...unless you are color blind!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Yes, that would be me! I regularly use H480 batteries in my Plus. And also @Ty Pilot, the Gimbal mount is the same across the H platform.

THICS (Typhoon H Identity Crisis Syndrome) is a real thing and this Forum should offer counseling for it since most of us have suffered with it to some extent at one point in our Yuneec lives. This truly is a very confusing issue, especially since they all look basically the same. A good clear way for me to differentiate between the two platforms here on the Forum is to refer to the Standard H & H Pro as "H480"s, because the H Plus is a 520mm airframe (like the H520). But then again not everyone knows that either because you can't really tell until you see an H480 and a H Plus side by side -and even then you have to look closely because it's hard to see a 5mm difference in a motor arm. [emoji3166]
I'm confused on the 5mm arm lenght. The drone is 50mm larger in total so if the arms are only 5mm longer ist the body larger to come up to the 50mm?

520 minus 480 equals 40mm larger. ?The bodies of all Typhoon H's are identical in size - each arm is 20mm longer (radius) to arrive at the total of 40 mm larger diameter.

Reactions: WernerJB
5mm difference in a motor arm
Allow me to explain how I arrived at that figure. It's really quite simple.
You see, when you are me and are thinking about something else completely different and trying to type while being in a hurry to get out the door because my buddy's bike was broken and was waiting for me to bring over a 5mm screw that I still need to scrounge before I go, the burden of proofreading fell solely on the spellchecker that clearly didn't find anything wrong with what I typed so how was it to know, or how was I to know I had made such a gross typo?

So I should have taken a moment to read over it before I posted it and ran out the door, but knowing me, I would not have seen it because I still needed to find that 20mm screw. Oh wait, I mean ....never mind, you know hat I mean!?

I could go fix it but I'll leave it as a reminder to laugh at myself and to also double check what I write.
Thanks everybody for being so kind!

Last edited:
Another case of trying to deny you are suffering from an acute case of OLD FART’s disease. ? ?

Reactions: DCH and Ty Pilot
THICS (Typhoon H Identity Crisis Syndrome) is a real thing and this Forum should offer counseling for it since most of us have suffered with it to some extent at one point in our Yuneec lives. This truly is a very confusing issue, especially since they all look basically the same. A good clear way for me to differentiate between the two platforms here on the Forum is to refer to the Standard H & H Pro as "H480"s, because the H Plus is a 520mm airframe (like the H520). But then again not everyone knows that either because you can't really tell until you see an H480 and a H Plus side by side -and even then you have to look closely because it's hard to see a 5mm difference in a motor arm. ?

Yes, intentional → THis identity crisis began early on when a certain YouTuber consistently called it an HayCH... if you know, well you know. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis