Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H480 and DJI

Reaction score
In your eyes,Typhoon H480 is similar to which DJI item?

Do you prefer H480 or DJI?Why?Cons and Pros.

Thank you if anyone can give me the good details,want to get one to do a aerial touring back at home

Thank you if anyone can give me the good details,want to get one to do a aerial touring back at home
I don't think it's what anyone else prefers, it's more a matter of what do you need a drone for? Take a look at what you are going to use it for, then look at the drones on the market to determine what will suit your needs best.

It's different for everyone as it was for me. I wanted a drone that could do everything and the Typhoon H did all. Some of the main points for me were it is a hex not a quad, and it can fly on 5 if one motor fails and a quad can not fly on 3. A camera that will rotate a full continuous 360 deg, and it has a real controller not just a cell phone to control it, and the landing gear raises out of the camera view.

I spent a year looking at drones and doing research on them before I got my Typhoon H. For me I just could not justify the bloated price DJI are sold at for what you get. DJI has a good product as well, but again a bloated price.

So in the end it doesn't really matter what anyone says, it's your money to spend as you wish. So again figure out first what you want to use it for, see what drones will meet your needs, then pick the one you want.

Murray is exactly right. It's all a matter of personal preference based on your own needs and wishes. Make a list of what is important to you and then go shopping with the list in hand.

The two companies make completely different aircraft. Both provide good video product. They function differently from each other. Learn what you want to do and how you want to do it. Choose the one that fits you best.

I have the H as well as a Phantom. Although my Phantom is an older model (a Phantom 2 Vision Plus) I still regularly fly it and it is still good for what it is. Indeed, for some jobs it is preferable to use the Phantom rather than the H depending on the task at hand, just the same as it is preferable to use the H over the Phantom depending on the job.
For me, though, if I were just going out for some recreational flying and not too much time has elapsed since I flew the Phantom, my preference would be the H...simply because its so much fun to fly.

One thing I will mention, though. The Phantom is easier to transport.

Reactions: Agnes
I have the H as well as a Phantom. Although my Phantom is an older model (a Phantom 2 Vision Plus) I still regularly fly it and it is still good for what it is. Indeed, for some jobs it is preferable to use the Phantom rather than the H depending on the task at hand, just the same as it is preferable to use the H over the Phantom depending on the job.
For me, though, if I were just going out for some recreational flying and not too much time has elapsed since I flew the Phantom, my preference would be the H...simply because its so much fun to fly.

One thing I will mention, though. The Phantom is easier to transport.

Phantom is easier to fly and H is funnier to fly

Phantom is easier to fly and H is funnier to fly
I can't speak about the later model Phantoms since I have no experience of them but as far as the model of Phantom I have I would say that they are about equal in ease to fly...but in different ways.

For example, the Phantom is easier than the H when calibrating the compass but the H can be seen clearly from further away, thus giving the pilot a better VLOS. Flight times are roughly similar but, maybe, the H has an extra minute in it.
Overall, for me, all things being equal my hand is more likely to reach for the H rather than the Phantom simply because of the fun factor.

1. 6 rotors for redundancy, will fly with 5
2. Retractable landing gear
3. 360 degree rotating camera
4. Built in tablet/screen. No worries about compatibility or charging a separate device.
5. Removable camera/gimbal
6. Built in flight modes that do not require 3rd party apps which void warranty
7. Second controller (Wizard) included and it is waterproof
8. HDMI out from controller
9. Batteries are less expensive and not restricted with internal chip
10. Dynamic altitude in follow modes
11. Better Curved Cable Cam
12. Charger includes 12v car adapter
14. Sun shield included
15. Neck strap included
16. Obstacle avoidance works in the direction the aircraft is moving, not restricted to camera direction
17. Smooth, hands free camera yaw
18. Cruise control for smooth, hands free panning
19. Better customer service

Based upon what I have read of China airspace restrictions, DJI products software airspace restrictions might well make it near impossible to fly in many places. Yuneec not so much. Otherwise, the greatest difference between an H and a Phantom is that you fly the H. It is not a fully automated platform.

Based upon what I have read of China airspace restrictions, DJI products software airspace restrictions might well make it near impossible to fly in many places. Yuneec not so much. Otherwise, the greatest difference between an H and a Phantom is that you fly the H. It is not a fully automated platform.

If it is not a fully automated platform,then means yuneec is for pros not newbies like me

My wife had never done anything at all with R/C cars, boats, or aircraft. With very little explanation she flew the Typhoon H successfully. The electronics on board the "H" make it so easy to fly. I did a lot of research before I put my money down and the "H" was my first choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox