Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H's in C2 class? Graphic icon on yuneec.com

Reaction score
A C2 class rating graphic has recently appeared on the Yuneec.com website for the various Typhoon H aircraft. They weigh just under 2kg on take off, but have they actually passed all the requirements? They will be among the first drones if so.

Does anyone know? Without an official announcement it looks uncertain, almost dubious. The icon looks like someone just did cut and paste!

Would you please post a link from your browser. I was just on the Yuneec UK site and see no mention of the C rating for any of the H series.

Thanks @Whisperit , seems that Yuneec must have something worked out with the EU rules or they are just saying that they fall into the C2 weight class.

Thanks @Whisperit , seems that Yuneec must have something worked out with the EU rules or they are just saying that they fall into the C2 weight class.
During a spontaneous "reception desk talk" at the Yuneec EU HQ/CS-Center on 2021-01-15 I asked about the meaning of the C2-labels on their websites. The answer was that they are working on the C2-certifications but the EU regulations are still not defined to the last extend...

Wrote Yuneec a mail regarding this when I saw it last week. They haven't obtained any certifications for any of their drones and only link to the website on a page that has a detailed description of the weight limits. And that we don't need any markings ??

Dear Mr. Rasmussen,

please find all deadlines and restrictions for the “old” drones at the following link:

News | Actual news from YUNEEC - Yuneec

There you can see how to handle the old drones with the new regulations and that there are no signs/marks needed for now.

With best regards

Ihr/Your Customer Support Team

YUNEEC Europe GmbH

Nikolaus-Otto-Straße 4

24568 Kaltenkirchen | Germany

Wrote Yuneec a mail regarding this when I saw it last week. They haven't obtained any certifications for any of their drones and only link to the website on a page that has a detailed description of the weight limits. And that we don't need any markings ??
I am sure they will try to get C2-(post)-certifications for some of the H-Copters. They are all well below 4 kg MTOM, software/hardware could fullfil all EU requirements e.g. for geo awareness and remote ID and even hardware e.g. with the 5-Motor-Mode complying well with the expectancy of propulsion redundancy (thrust/lift/power system failure).

Reactions: MaddionMax

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal