Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon Q500+

Reaction score
Greetings,
I purchased a Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ a few years ago. For a while, I have been having an issue with the camera constantly being tilted downwards. At first I thought it was the camera itself. I now believe that it is the ST10+ Controller. While I am at the Hardware Monitor section, the value of the K1 dial will only state three different values (142, 168, and 194). It shows 142/168 at the highest tilt position and 194 at the lowest tilt position. However, when connect to the handheld gimbal, the camera has no issues with tilting. Could this be an issue with the potentiometer/dial K1 for the ST10+? Is there a way to order this part for replacement?

Reactions: WTFDproject
Certainly an issue with the K1 system. Here are a few things you can try:
1.) Press "RESET" at the bottom of the Hardware Monitor page.
2.) If RESET has no effect, Rapidly move K1 up and down several times.
3.) If moving K1 has no effect, remove the back of the controller and spray lots of plastic safe contact cleaner on the K1 Pot. Then repeat #2.
4.) While back is off the controller, check the solder joints, wires and connectors associated with the left button board (the board with K1 on it).
5.) If still no success, try a stick calibration. Refer to Attachment 32 (ST-10/ST-10+ Flight Control Board Calibration) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.
6.) If none of the above work, it will be necessary to replace the button board or possibly the main FC board. Replacing the board(s) may rival the cost of a replacement controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis