Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Pilot Simulator

Reaction score
Are there additional "Sceneries" that I can download for the UAV Pilot Simulator? There is a dropdown but only one scenery is listed.

unfortunately just the one...

Hi - I'm new to all this so any help would be much appreciated. Couldn't find any info on this group either, so either I'm looking in the wrong place or perhaps no-one else has problems?
I have a Typhoon H, but not flown it yet - waiting to be familiar with ST16 and the flight sim.

I have had it working perfectly, although when I first got the sim and dongle, I spent ages repeating the setup process and kept getting 'failed' on the connection with the controller. I don't know how I got it to work, but it did eventually work perfectly. I have a 'simulator' model setup on ST16, All the latest software, computer recognizes the USB, It's not in Tortoise/Turtle mode. I also put the software on my desktop (was working fine on a laptop). I used the same 'simulator' model on ST16 but experiencing the same problems 'failure to Bind'. I searched the internet for answers, but not much info. I believe I have followed the fairly simple instructions going through the bind process but I'm obviously missing something. I have also clicked on 'radio' and 'bind Yuneek USB'. Is there any trouble-shooting / problems info anywhere, or does anyone know what I'm missing? I'm sure it's something so simple but I just don't know what. I went back to using the laptop, but same problem and can't get that to work now. Help!

UAV Pilot is a very sloppy version of Reflex XTR. The editor used is Reflex RMK v.3.0.7
The problem is the same as any Yuneec code, it is sloppy and poorly executed, so you can expect that they used public identifiers that override the internal identifiers making random binding problems worse, and also hard code variables rather than allow public access through a cfg or ini file like any good programmer would do. In theory, you could create new models and scenes using RMK, or even Photoshop from a equirectangular sliced image, place the new files next to the "Germany" folder (the current and only scene), and be capable of selecting the new scene to be loaded, but since the Germany scene is hard coded into the UAV-Pilot.exe and alut.dll to load only that scene OnLoad and encrypted to those dds hashes, this becomes another one of Yuneecs forgotten garbage. This is why Yuneec falls way behind any of the toy maker drones, because they want to lock down any and all code that the community could extend upon to make it better. Another example of this is the Typhoon Q and H Android code. The Q has already implemented the ability to have Orbit mode by adding only a few lines of code but needs to be decompiled from the APK's which is a tedious task, whereas the H file is password protected.
Due to these tyrannies by Yuneec, this is my first and last purchase I will make from them. Only open source like DJI from now on...

Here is an example scene for Reflex XTR/ Phoenix RC that would work with UAV Pilot, if it had been programmed by an intelligent individual. http://www.pano.szenerien.de/wordpress/wp-content/Szenerie-Installationen/Reflex XTR/Death_Valley/Death Valley.zip
Unzip it next to the Germany folder in C:\ProgramData\UAV-Pilot and you'll see it's available in Select Scenery.

Last edited:
UAV Pilot is a very sloppy version of Reflex XTR. The editor used is Reflex RMK v.3.0.7
The problem is the same as any Yuneec code, it is sloppy and poorly executed, so you can expect that they used public identifiers that override the internal identifiers making random binding problems worse, and also hard code variables rather than allow public access through a cfg or ini file like any good programmer would do. In theory, you could create new models and scenes using RMK, or even Photoshop from a equirectangular sliced image, place the new files next to the "Germany" folder (the current and only scene), and be capable of selecting the new scene to be loaded, but since the Germany scene is hard coded into the UAV-Pilot.exe and alut.dll to load only that scene OnLoad and encrypted to those dds hashes, this becomes another one of Yuneecs forgotten garbage. This is why Yuneec falls way behind any of the toy maker drones, because they want to lock down any and all code that the community could extend upon to make it better. Another example of this is the Typhoon Q and H Android code. The Q has already implemented the ability to have Orbit mode by adding only a few lines of code but needs to be decompiled from the APK's which is a tedious task, whereas the H file is password protected.
Due to these tyrannies by Yuneec, this is my first and last purchase I will make from them. Only open source like DJI from now on...

Here is an example scene for Reflex XTR/ Phoenix RC that would work with UAV Pilot, if it had been programmed by an intelligent individual. http://www.pano.szenerien.de/wordpress/wp-content/Szenerie-Installationen/Reflex XTR/Death_Valley/Death Valley.zip
Unzip it next to the Germany folder in C:\ProgramData\UAV-Pilot and you'll see it's available in Select Scenery.
Can You Please Make More Of These Scenaries of new york city or other scenaries with obstacles so you can practice with obstacle not just a big empty field Or Post a Very Simple Video on how to do it yourself thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech