Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toobox 3.2.0 H Plus Curved Cable Cam editing!

Reaction score
New Update:

They said it could never be done... I said it could never be done... but...

With the 3.2.0 release of UAV Toolbox, the app now supports Curved Cable Cam editing on the H Plus. Create Missions, add waypoints, set the camera direction, and export the mission as a Curved Cable Cam flight. Manage your existing Cable Cam routes, including replay and comparison with recorded telemetry.

In addition, as well as improving the Mission editor, the App now has a set of advanced Mapping features for power users. These features include the ability to import Surveys and Corridor scans from DataPilot .plan files. Yes, you can create a survey on your PC, export it to the ST-16 and turn it into a Cable Cam flight. A unique 'straighten' tool allows you to force the drone to follow straight routes between waypoints (vital for surveys!). Long flights can also be split into multiple passes, with a quick tool allowing you to split by flight time, and the main editor allowing you to adjust split points to ensure you start and stop flights at the most convenient location. These advanced features do not turn your H Plus into a H520 (see below), but they do allow you to carry out photogrammetry jobs and have much better control over pre-programmed flights.

The website is here: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

As this is a new feature for H Plus users, please note the following:

UAV Toolbox does not replace any of the standard Yuneec software. Your drone is not modified, and you fly using the normal Flight software on the ST-16. Please remember that you must retain complete control of the drone at all times. Autonomous flight modes in particular require you to pay attention. You must be prepared to stop the drone at any point - remember that pre-programmed flights are not guaranteed to be safe, or accurate. If you are not confident creating and flying Curved Cable Cam routes normally, I strongly advise you practise before using UAV Toolbox.

The app is designed to give you more control over your flights, but it cannot change the behaviour of the drone in the air. In particular, Yuneec's Curved Cable Cam does not support 'stop and turn', 'pause', 'set speed' or 'take photo/video' functions. You can however use the Timelapse, or manual camera control functions on the ST-16 during flight. For surveys created with DataPilot and the E90 camera settings, imported flight plans will estimate the ideal speed for the drone to fly at, assuming you use the 5 second Timelapse photo mode - it is up to you to adjust the Cable Cam speed to match this when in flight.

---------

Previous update:

This has been a long and difficult year for many of us, so I'm pleased at last to be able to give some good news.

With the official release 3.0.1 of UAV Toolbox, the H Plus is now supported for log tracking, media reviews, flight summaries and replay and online sharing.

The website has been updated, with improved account management and easy install instructions for the ST-16.

The App has had numerous fixes and improvements, including automatic 'one click' lookup of weather and address details for logs, better mapping and equipment tracking.

Thank you to the many beta testers and patient users for all your support.

Last edited:
This has been a long and difficult year for many of us, so I'm pleased at last to be able to give some good news.

With the official release 3.0.1 of UAV Toolbox, the H Plus is now supported for log tracking, media reviews, flight summaries and replay and online sharing.

The website has been updated, with improved account management and easy install instructions for the ST-16.

The App has had numerous fixes and improvements, including automatic 'one click' lookup of weather and address details for logs, better mapping and equipment tracking.

The website is here: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

Thank you to the many beta testers and patient users for all your support.
It is indeed wonderful that you finally got this working on all the Yuneec H models. I am wondering if it is possible to putoghter a video tutorial of the install setup and a flight created flying with the UAV Toolbox on the St16s
Cheers and all the best.
Mike

Cette année a été longue et difficile pour beaucoup d’entre nous, donc je suis enfin heureux de pouvoir vous annoncer de bonnes nouvelles.

Avec la version officielle 3.0.1 de UAV Toolbox, le H Plus est désormais pris en charge pour le suivi des journaux, les critiques des médias, les résumés de vol, la relecture et le partage en ligne.

Le site Web a été mis à jour, avec une gestion améliorée des comptes et des instructions d'installation faciles pour le ST-16.

L'application a eu de nombreuses corrections et améliorations, y compris la recherche automatique en un seul clic de la météo et des détails d'adresse pour les journaux, une meilleure cartographie et un suivi de l'équipement.

Le site Web est ici: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

Merci aux nombreux bêta-testeurs et utilisateurs patients pour tout votre soutien.
Bonjour, mi je l'ai installe sur ma ST16s drone Hplus j'ai mis a jour tous les equipements , impossible de faire des plan (Missions Cable Cam) Not available for H plus or H520 ? comment je fait, je me suis aboné 16.50 € merci de vos retour!

Cette année a été longue et difficile pour beaucoup d’entre nous, donc je suis enfin heureux de pouvoir vous annoncer de bonnes nouvelles.

Avec la version officielle 3.0.1 de UAV Toolbox, le H Plus est désormais pris en charge pour le suivi des journaux, les critiques des médias, les résumés de vol, la relecture et le partage en ligne.

Le site Web a été mis à jour, avec une gestion améliorée des comptes et des instructions d'installation faciles pour le ST-16.

L'application a eu de nombreuses corrections et améliorations, y compris la recherche automatique en un seul clic de la météo et des détails d'adresse pour les journaux, une meilleure cartographie et un suivi de l'équipement.

Le site Web est ici: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

Merci aux nombreux bêta-testeurs et utilisateurs patients pour tout votre soutien.
Bonjour, j'ai installe la version beta pour le Hplus impossible d'avoir accés PLAN (missions calbe cam) H= et H520 pas pris en compte ? pourqoui!

It is indeed wonderful that you finally got this working on all the Yuneec H models. I am wondering if it is possible to putoghter a video tutorial of the install setup and a flight created flying with the UAV Toolbox on the St16s
Cheers and all the best.
Mike
Please note that CCC missions are absent for the H Plus.

Unlike with the H480 3rd party CCC editors are not compatible with the H Plus. I know that @Tuna labored over this for an extended period. What ever was changed in the software by Yuneec has made UAV Toolbox and other online CCC editors incompatible with the H Plus.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
Well...

I don't like to announce things before I can be certain but this warrants an update.

The current, latest version of the app is 3.0.1 - please don't use the Beta (3.0.1rc) which is behind the main release on the website. I will update the website shortly to make this clear.

Having said it was not possible to edit Cable Cam missions on the HPlus, I have found a way that appears to work reliably. I'm currently testing a version of the app that provides Mission editing for the HPlus and hope to make it available by the end of the month.

The app will also support reading DataPilot .plan files, to create CableCam missions for the H480 and HPlus from simple DataPilot Surveys. However, please note that neither the H480, nor the HPlus can fly exactly like the H520 without alteration. The app will not turn your drone into a H520.

My policy with UAV Toolbox is to avoid changing the way the standard Yuneec software runs. This ensures your drone flies exactly as Yuneec intended, and all warranties should still apply. Yuneec's Curved Cable Cam firmware for the H480 and HPlus does not support control over camera timings, and does not support 'straight' waypoint missions in the way the H520 does. UAV Toolbox can correct for the flight path to some extent. However, for both the H480 and HPlus, the camera can only be used in Timelapse mode during missions. I am testing a solution for the H Plus that provides the correct camera intervals for Survey mapping. The H480 has less control, but may work for some jobs.

This means that for the H520 I recommend using DataPilot for mission planning. The H520 is not designed to run curved cable cam missions, but DataPilot is excellent software for Survey planning and UAV Toolbox is not designed to replace it.

For the HPlus, Cable Cam editing will come as standard with the app once testing is complete. I'm currently considering my options for support of Surveys and advanced mapping functions. This will probably involve an additional subscription to support further development of the software.

H480 support for Surveys is a bit more complex, and I'll discuss that in that forum once I have completed testing.

Bien...

Je n'aime pas annoncer des choses avant de pouvoir être certain, mais cela mérite une mise à jour.

La dernière version actuelle de l'application est 3.0.1 - veuillez ne pas utiliser la version bêta (3.0.1rc) qui se trouve derrière la version principale du site Web. Je mettrai à jour le site Web sous peu pour que cela soit clair.

Cela dit, il n'était pas possible d'éditer les missions Cable Cam sur le HPlus, j'ai trouvé un moyen qui semble fonctionner de manière fiable. Je teste actuellement une version de l'application qui fournit l'édition de mission pour HPlus et j'espère la rendre disponible d'ici la fin du mois.

L'application prendra également en charge la lecture des fichiers .plan DataPilot, pour créer des missions CableCam pour le H480 et HPlus à partir de simples enquêtes DataPilot. Cependant, veuillez noter que ni le H480, ni le HPlus ne peuvent voler exactement comme le H520 sans altération. L'application ne transformera pas votre drone en H520.

Ma politique avec UAV Toolbox est d'éviter de changer la façon dont le logiciel standard de Yuneec fonctionne. Cela garantit que votre drone vole exactement comme Yuneec l'a prévu, et toutes les garanties doivent toujours s'appliquer. Le micrologiciel Curved Cable Cam de Yuneec pour le H480 et HPlus ne prend pas en charge le contrôle de la synchronisation de la caméra et ne prend pas en charge les missions de waypoint `` droites '' comme le fait le H520. UAV Toolbox peut corriger dans une certaine mesure la trajectoire de vol. Cependant, pour le H480 et le HPlus, l'appareil photo ne peut être utilisé qu'en mode Timelapse pendant les missions. Je teste une solution pour le H Plus qui fournit les intervalles de caméra corrects pour la cartographie Survey. Le H480 a moins de contrôle, mais peut fonctionner pour certains travaux.

Cela signifie que pour le H520, je recommande d'utiliser DataPilot pour la planification de la mission. Le H520 n'est pas conçu pour exécuter des missions de came à câble incurvé, mais DataPilot est un excellent logiciel pour la planification d'enquête et UAV Toolbox n'est pas conçu pour le remplacer.

Pour le HPlus, l'édition de Cable Cam sera fournie en standard avec l'application une fois les tests terminés. J'examine actuellement mes options pour la prise en charge des enquêtes et des fonctions de cartographie avancées. Cela impliquera probablement un abonnement supplémentaire pour soutenir le développement ultérieur du logiciel.

Le support H480 pour Surveys est un peu plus complexe, et j'en discuterai dans ce forum une fois que j'aurai terminé les tests.
Merci pour cet excellent detail, pouvez-vous me dire ce que vous entendez par "Cable Cam? merci!

Merci pour cet excellent detail, pouvez-vous me dire ce que vous entendez par "Cable Cam? merci!

The H480 and HPlus standard autopilot software is called Curved Cable Cam. It is designed for photographers and videographers to fly as smoothly as possible between waypoints. This allows pilots to fly a route, record positions (waypoints) and then fly that route later on - but when the route is flown again, the H480 and HPlus fly smooth curves rather than straight between each waypoint.

As an example, if you record four waypoints in a square, the drone will fly a smooth circle. Cable Cam does not allow you to automate taking photos at a specific point, it is only designed to "fly the drone" smoothly while you control the camera. Without additional software (like UAV Toolbox), the only way to record a Cable Cam route is to fly it with your drone.

The H520 autopilot is designed for commercial surveys, photogrammetry and automation. It does not support smooth flight, but does allow detailed control over camera functions, speed between individual waypoints, takeoff and landing and other drone features. Creating a flight path for the H520 is possible either on the ST-16 or on your PC at home, without flying the drone, using their DataPilot software.

DataPilot does not work on the HPlus, and the standard HPlus software cannot read DataPilot files, or share Cable Cam routes between controllers.

The H480 and HPlus standard autopilot software is called Curved Cable Cam. It is designed for photographers and videographers to fly as smoothly as possible between waypoints. This allows pilots to fly a route, record positions (waypoints) and then fly that route later on - but when the route is flown again, the H480 and HPlus fly smooth curves rather than straight between each waypoint.

As an example, if you record four waypoints in a square, the drone will fly a smooth circle. Cable Cam does not allow you to automate taking photos at a specific point, it is only designed to "fly the drone" smoothly while you control the camera. Without additional software (like UAV Toolbox), the only way to record a Cable Cam route is to fly it with your drone.

The H520 autopilot is designed for commercial surveys, photogrammetry and automation. It does not support smooth flight, but does allow detailed control over camera functions, speed between individual waypoints, takeoff and landing and other drone features. Creating a flight path for the H520 is possible either on the ST-16 or on your PC at home, without flying the drone, using their DataPilot software.

DataPilot does not work on the HPlus, and the standard HPlus software cannot read DataPilot files, or share Cable Cam routes between controllers.
Merci pout toutes ces information très bien explique...c'est un plaisir merci beaucoup!

Merci pout toutes ces information très bien explique...c'est un plaisir merci beaucoup!
J'oublié, Donc il est normal que je n'ai pas accès avec mon H + ,à l'interface de UAV Toolbox, malgré tous les paramètres entrés ( équipement) par default.
que la prise de vue ne soit pas automatisée sur une trajectoire définie n'est pas très important , je pensais pouvoir utiliser pour programmer des chemins de vol...cordialement

English:
I forgot, So it is normal that I do not have access with my H +, to the UAV Toolbox interface, despite all the parameters entered (equipment) by default.
that the shooting is not automated on a defined trajectory is not very important, I thought I could use to program flight paths ... best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
J'oublié, Donc il est normal que je n'ai pas accès avec mon H + ,à l'interface de UAV Toolbox, malgré tous les paramètres entrés ( équipement) par default.
que la prise de vue ne soit pas automatisée sur une trajectoire définie n'est pas très important , je pensais pouvoir utiliser pour programmer des chemins de vol...cordialement

English:
I forgot, So it is normal that I do not have access with my H +, to the UAV Toolbox interface, despite all the parameters entered (equipment) by default.
that the shooting is not automated on a defined trajectory is not very important, I thought I could use to program flight paths ... best regards
To be clear: The current version of UAV Toolbox does not include CableCam editing on the HPlus. There will be a new version by the end of the month that will include CableCam editing, so you can program flight paths manually.

merci pour toutes ces informations, je reviendrai vers UAV quand celui-ci sera viable pour le H+ merci cordialement

Reactions: Mike Irish
Tuna, many thanks for your hard work. I'm so pleased you've been able to add more functionality to the H+ and I know from using the program in previous years with the H the cost is quite nominal considering the wide variety of various clients I have who are interested in waypoint flying. THANKS AGAIN and I hope others on this forum will support you.

Updated the Thread and first post to give news of the new 3.2.0 release, which now supports Curved Cable Cam editing on the H Plus.

Please use this new feature with care.

Reactions: Frontier
To be clear: The current version of UAV Toolbox does not include CableCam editing on the HPlus. There will be a new version by the end of the month that will include CableCam editing, so you can program flight paths manually.
What about the actual UAV Toolbox v3.2.2 using on HPlus?
What is working as expected: 1) I can create mission files and upload to ST16S. 2) I can select this files in CCC and activate it (Start) in ST16S.
What is not working: After hoover the copter in the air and then trying to start/operate the CCC flight to the first waypoint by moving the Control stick to "up" (or "down"), then the Typhoon H Plus is always start to move vertically down until reaching ground/landing. This is independent of the respective position in the air.

Reactions: Trav H

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval