Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Tool Box Advise?

Reaction score
I have had the Typhoon H a few weeks, and been experimenting. I downloaded the UAV Tool Box and have been checking out its features. Flew the Typhoon Y yesterday and created a Curved Cable Cam, then flew it and recorded the flight. Now going into the UAV Tool Box, the mission appears under the "Cable Cam" which is great, it is there. BUT, the Satellite map the Tool Box using is a very old image (Probably 5-8 Years old). I exited the Toolbox and using the ST-16 I opened Google Maps. The Image of the same location from Google maps is perhaps 6-12 months. In this case the image being used by Tool Box does not show any homes in the subdivision. Am I overlooking some setting that would allow me to use the Google Map when planning a mission.

Thanks. Since this type of RC flying is relative new to me, finding the right stuff is sometimes evasive. The detail available, between the two map companies is extreme, unfortunately not in favor of the Tool Box.

The Toolbox by Tuna is working inside the ST-16. Since the software (android) is heavily adjusted to the safety of the drone many normal android-tablet functions do not work. Google maps is one of them.

Yes, it's disappointing that Bing is very variable in some regions. I'm hoping to revisit Google Maps, but the licensing issues are complex due to the way apps are installed on the ST-16. This may change in future when the firmware is upgraded and the SDK available and I'd be very happy to add to the mapping options.

I'm also looking at an update of the map API I'm using that may give better zoom levels on areas with low resolution, but it won't help where maps are noticably out of date. In general, you should never rely on the satellite view to spot obstructions at a site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco