Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox video download question

Reaction score
Hi all. Did the first flight of the TyH this past weekend. Everything went really well. Flew perfectly, and I was confident with the controls sooner than I expected.

I have UAV Toolbox, and I read in one of the threads that you can download video with it and not have to take the mSD card out of the camera and put it in a card reader.

I tried that, but the video comes over very glitchy. It has dropouts where the whole screen turns purple, and tearing at the edges, and streaming artifacts during camera moves on any sharp details like blades of grass. The dropouts happen at the same point each time you play the video, which tells me that it's not a transmission error between UAVToolbox and the Typhoon - I suspect UAVToolbox is grabbing the low-res vids saved on the ST-16 instead of the good copies saved on the camera's card.

If I take the card out of the camera and transfer them via a reader, they're perfect, so it's not a problem with how they were recorded to the card.

Is there a proper way to transfer the vids with UAVToolbox direct from the camera's card, in full resolution and without strange artifacts, or did I misunderstand that function when I read about it?

Hi all. Did the first flight of the TyH this past weekend. Everything went really well. Flew perfectly, and I was confident with the controls sooner than I expected.

I have UAV Toolbox, and I read in one of the threads that you can download video with it and not have to take the mSD card out of the camera and put it in a card reader.

I tried that, but the video comes over very glitchy. It has dropouts where the whole screen turns purple, and tearing at the edges, and streaming artifacts during camera moves on any sharp details like blades of grass. The dropouts happen at the same point each time you play the video, which tells me that it's not a transmission error between UAVToolbox and the Typhoon - I suspect UAVToolbox is grabbing the low-res vids saved on the ST-16 instead of the good copies saved on the camera's card.

If I take the card out of the camera and transfer them via a reader, they're perfect, so it's not a problem with how they were recorded to the card.

Is there a proper way to transfer the vids with UAVToolbox direct from the camera's card, in full resolution and without strange artifacts, or did I misunderstand that function when I read about it?

UAV Toolbox uses the low res recording from the ST 16, not the actual cameral footage. So yes, it will be glitchy and have drop-outs, same as you get when viewing flight video on the ST 16. Far as I know, if you want to view the actual camera footage, you have to take the card out of the camera and either play or download it to a computer. Later.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop