Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UK insurance

Reaction score
I've been checking out the options for insuring a drone in the UK, including the BMFA, Country Cover Club and Photoguard, all of which seem reasonable.

Then I rang my home/contents insurer (LV) and was told that my existing policy covers me for any item valued at up to £2,500 used away from the home for non-commercial purposes…including a drone. This covers loss, theft and damage whether on the ground or in the air (or inside my house) and also includes £2m of public liability insurance. Flyaways are also covered unless there is a proven manufacturing fault with the hardware or software.

Why would I need any other cover?

EDIT: After reading LV's documentation closely, I called them up to reconfirm what their agent told me yesterday and, unfortunately, she was wrong about the public liability cover which is not offered on drones (or any type of craft or vehicle).

Last edited:
I have all my drones covered (listed) on my home insurance. Have claimed once for a wave downed Typhoon H Pro and the process was both straightforward and speedy. I still have BMFA for the liability part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech