Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UK legislation is on its way including police rights to seize drones.

Well everyone, its finally happening, your thoughts on this?

Government cracks down on 'rogue drone users' with new no-fly zones
Everytime there is a post about new rules, I always tell people to look at the rules we have in Canada, ( the most strict on the planet ) and then ask yourself are yours really that tough. When our so called interim rules were put into place, it for the most part shut down all flights in Canada. It has gotten slightly better, but the gov't will only look at and side with large companies as that is who they speak with when developing their rules. "Stakeholders" for Transport Canada rules are, Amazon, industrial fixed wind drone makers, airlines, airline pilot associations, military, fighter jet makers, you get the idea I'm sure. They did not look at or consult with the public for the most part, or even makers of the units we use.

Well everyone, its finally happening, your thoughts on this?

Government cracks down on 'rogue drone users' with new no-fly zones
Indeed. I've just read the official report. It's typical BS. It seem s to be more about privacy than safety. In the UK we live in a CCTV society. Every time you go out of your front door and into any town centre, you're going to get photographed/videoed on an array of different CCTV systems. From cameras that now seem to be on every street corner to shop CCTV systems. Add to that, dash-cams and people everywhere taking pictures with their mobile phones. It's estimated you'll get picked up by 48 different image capturing systems every single day! All this without your permission by the way.... Are the powers that be going to do anything about that? No, of course they aren't. It is drones, apparently that are the scourge of all our privacy...... REALLY?!! And what are the CAA getting involved in privacy issues for in the first place? It's not the CAA's remit to be involved in privacy, their remit is the safe control of airspace and nothing else.

Just in case someone from the CAA or any of other the regulatory bodies is reading this. No-one has been killed by a drone in the UK and as far as I'm aware, anywhere in the world! Yet just last week, 2 manned aircraft collided mid-air killing 4 people in the UK. That's despite the rigorous training that manned aviation pilots have to undertake. It made the news but was soon forgotten about. If that had been 2 drones colliding mid-air resulting in a death (or even an injury), the proverbial would have hit a very large fan and it would've been all over the papers, TV news and the media in general! And there are really bigger privacy issues than drones here in the UK, see above. Get a grip you lot, you're reacting to media hype and making up stupid regulations for a problem that just doesn't exist. I despair of this country sometimes, I really do.....

Indeed. I've just read the official report. It's typical BS. It seem s to be more about privacy than safety. In the UK we live in a CCTV society. Every time you go out of your front door and into any town centre, you're going to get photographed/videoed on an array of different CCTV systems. From cameras that now seem to be on every street corner to shop CCTV systems. Add to that, dash-cams and people everywhere taking pictures with their mobile phones. It's estimated you'll get picked up by 48 different image capturing systems every single day! All this without your permission by the way.... Are the powers that be going to do anything about that? No, of course they aren't. It is drones, apparently that are the scourge of all our privacy...... REALLY?!! And what are the CAA getting involved in privacy issues for in the first place? It's not the CAA's remit to be involved in privacy, their remit is the safe control of airspace and nothing else.

Just in case someone from the CAA or any of other the regulatory bodies is reading this. No-one has been killed by a drone in the UK and as far as I'm aware, anywhere in the world! Yet just last week, 2 manned aircraft collided mid-air killing 4 people in the UK. That's despite the rigorous training that manned aviation pilots have to undertake. It made the news but was soon forgotten about. If that had been 2 drones colliding mid-air resulting in a death (or even an injury), the proverbial would have hit a very large fan and it would've been all over the papers, TV news and the media in general! And there are really bigger privacy issues than drones here in the UK, see above. Get a grip you lot, you're reacting to media hype and making up stupid regulations for a problem that just doesn't exist. I despair of this country sometimes, I really do.....
I have also yet to see any video or photographic evidence to support a claim by any pilot worldwide that what they have seen was a UAV. Proof is in the evidence, not hearsay.

Also worth remembering that in the UK you have no right to privacy in any public space. Give it 12 months and a fee will be added with annual licencing.
My biggest issue is that if you fly a R/C Heli or aircraft you can do whatever you like with that even if its a gas turbine powered 200mph jet full of kerosene fuel and flown by someone without a pilots licence!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me