Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UK to USA

Reaction score
Hi all , I am looking at taking my TyphoonH on my travels , starting in the USA , has anyone taken their Typhoon to the states from the UK and did you have any problems ?

I have six batteries , again would this be an issue ?

Did you have to register with the FAA?

I will be a tourist and using it non commercially ,and solely for hobby use / pleasure .

Thanks in advance :)

Sun Seeker, you can bring your non commercial Aircraft/UAV to the US and fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, as long as you stay within a very simple rules framework and always fly safely. Here is a link to the specific page where you can read the rules FAA Model Rules . Once here you can download any number of apps that will show no fly zones. While central Florida is one gigantic maze of airports, there are a lot of great places to fly and thing to see once you get away from the population centers.

You currently do not have to register you aircraft though you will find at one time everyone did but that rule was revoked and now they are looking to reinstate it. But for now - no registration

As for the batteries - call the airline you will be flying specifically, each airline can have a different rule set for LiPo type batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeedentclinic