Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UK UAV Registration

Reaction score
Thought people might be interested in this. As we are all going to have to register or get fined.

Under consultation for November implementation.

The CAA proposal can be found at the following link below,

Charge proposal for the UK Drone Registration Scheme - Civil Aviation Authority - Citizen Space

with a direct link to the full document below

https://consultations.caa.co.uk/fin...oneregistrationchargeconsultationdocument.pdf

and a direct link to the

Online Response - Civil Aviation Authority - Citizen Space

Reactions: Graham
I take it, if you buy a drone from a retailer, details will be recorded? Otherwise people can buy fly with no comeback, not that will make much difference either, you could even use a false number, if you've got a million untaxed vehicles in Uk, and thousands of cars driving on false cloned number plates, then I suspect a lot won't registering.

A possibility is that, If you buy a drone, it is the seller that has to initiate the license.
In the uk, If you buy a TV, the seller has to inform TV licensing authority.
Might become to same for drones.

So you buy a drone.
The purchase info is then passed to licensing body. So if you do not register your drone purchase, You get fined.

A possibility is that, If you buy a drone, it is the seller that has to initiate the license.
In the uk, If you buy a TV, the seller has to inform TV licensing authority.
Might become to same for drones.

So you buy a drone.
The purchase info is then passed to licensing body. So if you do not register your drone purchase, You get fined.
That's not the case anymore with a TV licence, there's no check, you can go into shop and buy now no questions asked, you used to have to give a name and address, not the same comparison, you can access TV without a licence in certain circumstances, as with most things, it will take a while to sort itself out if at all. There was an interesting article I read, that drones not equipped with a smartphone could be banned because they wouldn't be able to connect to the government website for authorisation to fly giving serial numbers, personal info etc, Dji might sadly be the only route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me