Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ultrasonic Sensor is not working?

Reaction score
Who knows what that means? This is the first time I have experienced this. On my H Plus.
Appears on the screen when I enable OBS. This has never been shown, and I fly often
In OBS Avoid.20181217_142947.jpg20181217_142947.jpg

Attachments

• 20181217_142951.jpg
    20181217_142951.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 24
I get that too have you tried flicking the switch all the way up I think they have changed it from middle to all the way up to turn on the obs.
Also in smart modes it Will be disabled

I always fly in Angel Mode and in OBS Avoid, always with the contact all the way back, never in the middle. This is the first time I have received this message. What does Ultrasonic Sensor mean?

The ultra Sonic sensors are the two round eyes in front of the plus, they work like a sonar and detect obstackles, if you turn your drone on and turn the sensor on you should be able to hear it ticking.

That's the ultrasonic sensors

Attachments

• yuneec-drone-typhoon-h-plus-rtf.jpg
    yuneec-drone-typhoon-h-plus-rtf.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 25
I have the same message when I set the OBS switch all down in angle mode.
I never test the OBS since today, maybe the firmware need another fix...

And all this time I thought ticking sounds were coming from an expiration date timer.

The sensor works fine, but to activate It the switch must be all down and when pass in the middle position I have the error, but the sensor works !
So delete the message from the screen and all is ok. Good!

In my yuneec dosent works
The sensor works fine, but to activate It the switch must be all down and when pass in the middle position I have the error, but the sensor works !
So delete the message from the screen and all is ok. Good!

I had the ultrasonic sensors fail on a flight last week. I'm waiting on weather to do a test flight to confirm the squawk. It also tried to fly away on me (sort of, I'll explain) on the flight. First battery I flew a 0.4 down to 35% I typically prefer to land with at least 30% on revenue flights or in tight areas. I replaced the battery with a fresh one, did the quick through-flight (our company procedure) which involves flipping on the OBS modes to verify they are working...ticking noise activated. I take off with OBS disabled, in angle mode. Immediately following takeoff the H+ gave a ultrasonic sensor fail message (OBS off), and began an un-commanded climb. I was able to over ride the climb with down stick, but not at the normal descent rate. Being a revenue flight on a site visit with the property owner and their representative watching, I elected to abort the flight and land. Once landed, I turned the H+ off, removed and replaced the battery, and powered it back up. A quick pre-flight indicated no faults, so I took off again. Again the sensor failure indication came on, but this time the flight controls worked as normal. I elected to complete the flight, at this point it was only roof inspections left. The sensor failure indication stayed on the entire flight. Thus...coming here to research. Since this thread appears to not have answers, I thought I'd add my experience. I'll indicate if the squawk continues after I get a weather window to test. I should have one later today.

Reactions: DroneCalzone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my