Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unlock for class d ?

Reaction score
Hi.

I live in the uk and my yuneec is giving me jip for restricted airspace. I live in class D, which is 10,000ft and above. It says I cannot operate here. I live about 15 miles from my airport and all fields around me.

Also.... where can I check the NFZ for yuneec and unlock my device. I am a commercial operator and would rather seek member advice before contact yuneec for this

Thanks all.

C

Also.... where can I check the NFZ for yuneec and unlock my device. I am a commercial operator and would rather seek member advice before contact yuneec for this

Thanks all.

C
You will need to contact Yuneec UK to apply for a special version of the firmware to unlock your aircraft. (I'm presuming you have a TH or TH+). You will need to supply them a copy of your current PfCO to obtain the firmware that will be keyed to the serial number of your aircraft. Give them a ring for instructions.

Unlike other parts of the world, Yuneec UK are pretty good at answering the telephone. I rang them up for something a month or so ago and they answered within just a couple of rings.

Reactions: Uav-meuk and PatR
Thanks fella. -

Would I have to upgrade the aircraft by SD card or something...

First, Please clarify:
1.) Which Drone is having the problem? (TH, TH+, Q500, other?)
2.) Does the problem drone fly normally in other locations?
3.) Do you have similar drone(s) that fly normally in the problem location?
4.) Is the problem location Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK?

Last edited:
If you're flying the H, they will send you a PDF how to unlock the NFZ, followed by an email to unlock the code. At least that's the way it was 2½ years ago. ?

First, Please clarify:
1.) Which Drone is having the problem? (TH, TH+, Q500, other?)
2.) Does the problem drone fly normally in other locations?
3.) Do you have similar drone(s) that fly normally in the problem location?
4.) Is the problem location Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK?
Yeah. Newcastle upon Tyne,

Some features wint work and 2 miles down the the road it wont take off. Even though it's only class D.

I also need it unlocked for commercial work as alot of work is in airspace being in newcastle.

My DJI drones fly in this location with no problems. Just a class d Info warning.

Thanks. Chris .

It's not really a problem just a pain with the NFZ class D, I'm not overly sure as to why class D is restricted.

Thanks.

Yeah. Newcastle upon Tyne,
'

@Uav-meuk,
I need to make it clear that I am NO expert on NFZ flying. My interest in your situation is a suspicion you have a different problem, and would like to help if you are interested.
The only "map" I checked does not indicate you should be in an NFZ. But there are lots of maps out there, and the information seems to conflict quite often, at least to those of us that don't know how to use them.

Attachments

• NFZ.JPG
    NFZ.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 15
How long have you had your copter, and has this only recently started? Can you get it to take off at all?

Hi.

I live in the uk and my yuneec is giving me jip for restricted airspace. I live in class D, which is 10,000ft and above. It says I cannot operate here. I live about 15 miles from my airport and all fields around me.

Thanks all.

C
Whether your problem is because there's something amiss with your aircraft or because it is classed as a Yuneec NFZ, if you're commercial you're going to need the NFZ firmware unlocking. What Flushvision said....... You will need to download the GUI relevant to your aircraft. If I remember correctly, Yuneec will send you the firmware and you have to enter your serial number of your aircraft whilst connected to the GUI. Strangely, (again, if I remember correctly) the process is performed whilst connected to the GUI but your aircraft has to be powered off?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval