Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.31 - 19 April 2018

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The update application installs frimware 1.31. No further data at this time. As soon as more data come out, we'll put here.

12b0b56c-89cd-4311-b06b-2d0e7a7ddb93.jpg

Thanks Javier for the warning. I think it's come as a surprise to all of us.

FEATURE UPDATES
  • Improved battery monitoring - added multiple checks for current measurement handling.
  • Fixed Barometer Device ID.
  • Fixed an issue where the camera may begin triggering automatically after a 2nd takeoff.
WARNING Please ensure your hardware is fully updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graham
Just updated. Datapilot now has setting in camera controls for distortion correction off/on, custom white balance feature has been removed.

I've proceeded with the upgrade.

The first thing I've done is update the frimware on the ST16S. The official website doesn't say a date, but I made it.

Then I ran UpdatePilot on the ST16S. I have successfully upgraded the Flight Controller to version 1.3.1 (AutoPilot) and the E90 gimbal to version 1.38.8. It does not update the E90 to the latest version. I put the frimware on the E90's SD card and start the drone. E90 is updated to version 1.0.28_E.

I check the versions and the DataPilot is not updated. I put it on the SD card of the ST16S and update it to version 1.3.15.

This I put it, for you to be careful, the UpdatePilot application does not update everything automatically.

DataPilot Version: 1.3.15
Camera version (E90): 1.0.28_E
Gimbal Version: 1.38.8
Flight Controller version: 1.3.1

Remember to calibrate the compass and accelerometer.

Last edited:
New things I'm seeing:
  • Settings / Vehicle now the versions numbers are show in the button About
  • Settings / Vehicle / Export Data allows you to export in UTM
  • The battery indicator is still not working properly or at least as you would expect it to work. After upgrading I have performed a compass, accelerometer and gimbal calibration. No matter how low the power consumption of the battery indicator is, it should not be 100% all the time. I check the voltage the ST16S gives me and it says 16.6V. I check with the polymeter and it gives me 16.5V (only 1 digit). I reset drone and transmitter and now it shows 98%. That's why I reorder, if possible, the option to display the % or the voltage directly on the screen at our choice.
  • Photo mode, White balance mode: Lock, once calibrated lock, very useful option.
  • Distortion Correction option: for those who have serious problems with the images, you can activate the correction. We hope that those who suffer it severely can tell us how it works. I think I'm one of the lucky ones who don't have it.

That's what I've seen for now.

The updates on my H520 took place automatically after clicking on Update DataPilot. DataPilot updated first, then another click on the update button and the others installed.
The distortion correction option works very well and i'm very happy to see it. I can't comment on the battery monitor as I have only had one flight using a Typhoon H battery.:)
Flight was extremely stable and no issues with gimbal jitter (but then I didn't before, so no change there!). :D
I'd like to see camera angle reintroduced in survey mode as it's easier than having a waypoint to set camera angle before setting up the survey option.

Reactions: arruntus
Hi all,

Unfortunately I’m not getting this update at all.
The software downloads ok but update pilot gives me this message:

X App not installed.
An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.

Any ideas?

Uninstall Update Pilot then Dl it from the Google Play Store

Hi 10-8,

I did think of that but decided to check that the software is available first. It appears to have disappeared from Play Store.

Still working on it though.

Hi 10-8,

I did think of that but decided to check that the software is available first. It appears to have disappeared from Play Store.

Still working on it though.

I have now found an old copy of updaterapp.apk. Hopefully that will work.

All sorted. :)

Last edited:
I've just done three flights and these are my impressions.

• I have the feeling that the aircraft is now more unstable, with hardly any wind, hardly even to call it a breeze on a couple of occasions the H520 moved a lot, not getting the gimbal to stabilize the image and see the movements in the ST16S.
  • When we turn the gimbal to make a paroramic the movement is sometimes not fluid, it already happened with other versions. If the drone fights the wind, the problem becomes very serious.
  • The battery meter will need to be lowered by up to 20% to get those precious 20 minutes.
  • The creation of folders per flight has been corrected. Again create one folder per flight with the correct date and time.
  • On the last landing, the H520 just turned sideways, I went down in Angle mode and when it landed, despite having the stick down all the time, it did not disarm and lay to one side. Fortunately, the two propellers that touched the ground were not damaged. I didn't try the automatic landing that in the previous version it descended to the ground with excessive speed and hit the ground with violence. A friend had to send the drone to Germany and two engines were damaged by the blow to the ground. They haven't given him the specific reasons why they changed two engines.
I don't think I'm forgetting what I'm feeling right now from the last update.

What worries me most is the first point. Anyone flying this update has detected instability in the H520?

So after some testing of the new firmware today. The distortion fix switch in the camera settings does not appear to do anything to the photos taken from the camera, but does change the look on the ST16S screen. I made shots straight after each other, one with the distortion fix switch on and then another with it off. In every case there was no difference the .jpg all had the horizon fix applied. All the .DNG files have no fix applied with switch in either on or off. The fix definitely straightens the horizon, but because where I was flying today was very hazy could not tell if it was just better or fixed and also could not check the verticals has I had no reference again because where I flew and the haze. I checked the .JPG photos stored on the ST16S and the Distortion Correction Switch does change on and off, but not on the hi rez versions on the camera memory card. I did not record any video footage today, so cannot comment on that.

First flight take off now much smoother in GPS, but one undercarriage leg did not retract, cycled then a few time then it worked again. One of my arm LED has stopped working again. The leads are so tight they work themselves loose over time on the main board. Will need to apply hot glue this time to prevent them coming loose again. Flying in GPS, It flies smoother than it did before.

I had camera set to JPG and DNG with colour set to unprocessed, there is a massive colour difference between the JPG and DNG

I've just done three flights and these are my impressions.

• I have the feeling that the aircraft is now more unstable, with hardly any wind, hardly even to call it a breeze on a couple of occasions the H520 moved a lot, not getting the gimbal to stabilize the image and see the movements in the ST16S.
  • When we turn the gimbal to make a paroramic the movement is sometimes not fluid, it already happened with other versions. If the drone fights the wind, the problem becomes very serious.
  • The battery meter will need to be lowered by up to 20% to get those precious 20 minutes.
  • The creation of folders per flight has been corrected. Again create one folder per flight with the correct date and time.
  • On the last landing, the H520 just turned sideways, I went down in Angle mode and when it landed, despite having the stick down all the time, it did not disarm and lay to one side. Fortunately, the two propellers that touched the ground were not damaged. I didn't try the automatic landing that in the previous version it descended to the ground with excessive speed and hit the ground with violence. A friend had to send the drone to Germany and two engines were damaged by the blow to the ground. They haven't given him the specific reasons why they changed two engines.
I don't think I'm forgetting what I'm feeling right now from the last update.

What worries me most is the first point. Anyone flying this update has detected instability in the H520?
Mine seemed stable and more smooth flying in GPS mode. Landing by myself seemed no different and performed a RTH and landing. It did land fairly quick but no heavier than when I had tested it previously.

I don't know about those two occasions when the H520 waved too much, in a stationary position, and in a light breeze.

What disappoints me again is the gymbal. It is desperate to have a gymbal that continuously rotates 360 degrees and works with small blows. I checked the footage I recorded today and I'm still having the same problem. The turn is not smooth. I don't know if it's just me or everybody else. Other times I've seen the same thing I've blamed it on the wind, but today it wasn't windy.

I turn it at low speed to videotape a paroramic and with the drone in stationary. Does anyone else have a problem with that?

I almost have less trouble spinning the whole drone, but still the spin is not smooth or the gimbal is not able to follow it correctly, to balance the movement. I think it would be urgent to put exponentials in the sticks, and to improve the movements of the gymbal. Waiting for someone to confirm what's happening to him too, and rule out that it's just my problem.

If I try to take a shot with movement, drone spin and gimbal spin, all at once, the problem gets worse :confused:

I don't know about those two occasions when the H520 waved too much, in a stationary position, and in a light breeze.

What disappoints me again is the gymbal. It is desperate to have a gymbal that continuously rotates 360 degrees and works with small blows. I checked the footage I recorded today and I'm still having the same problem. The turn is not smooth. I don't know if it's just me or everybody else. Other times I've seen the same thing I've blamed it on the wind, but today it wasn't windy.

I turn it at low speed to videotape a paroramic and with the drone in stationary. Does anyone else have a problem with that?

I almost have less trouble spinning the whole drone, but still the spin is not smooth or the gimbal is not able to follow it correctly, to balance the movement. I think it would be urgent to put exponentials in the sticks, and to improve the movements of the gymbal. Waiting for someone to confirm what's happening to him too, and rule out that it's just my problem.

If I try to take a shot with movement, drone spin and gimbal spin, all at once, the problem gets worse :confused:
Sorry didn't get chance to test video today

8 flights done with new firmware. The Take off is improved in gps mode. have yet to check the vids and pics I took with the distortion switch activated. All flights were very responsive. the e90 stopped shaking while on ground and in the air so far. I have not done anything with data pilot yet. One minor bug though 7th flight controller said no camera attached but I had video feed and full telemetry on the controller. That was the only one out of total of eight full flights. For me to get to 20 min to 23 min I fly to battery meter hit below 15 percent then land. I set up the h520 to land at 16 percent. Had light winds blowing ne to sw at a good clip h520 was rock solid for me. And if the h520 tries to tip over one side I go for the emergency motor stop method as described by yuneec.uk h520 you tube tips. that saved me one on occasion where the right landing leg was stuck up but the left leg was down.

Last edited:
So after some testing of the new firmware today. The distortion fix switch in the camera settings does not appear to do anything to the photos taken from the camera, but does change the look on the ST16S screen. I made shots straight after each other, one with the distortion fix switch on and then another with it off. In every case there was no difference the .jpg all had the horizon fix applied. All the .DNG files have no fix applied with switch in either on or off. The fix definitely straightens the horizon, but because where I was flying today was very hazy could not tell if it was just better or fixed and also could not check the verticals has I had no reference again because where I flew and the haze. I checked the .JPG photos stored on the ST16S and the Distortion Correction Switch does change on and off, but not on the hi rez versions on the camera memory card. I did not record any video footage today, so cannot comment on that.

First flight take off now much smoother in GPS, but one undercarriage leg did not retract, cycled then a few time then it worked again. One of my arm LED has stopped working again. The leads are so tight they work themselves loose over time on the main board. Will need to apply hot glue this time to prevent them coming loose again. Flying in GPS, It flies smoother than it did before.

I had camera set to JPG and DNG with colour set to unprocessed, there is a massive colour difference between the JPG and DNG
It is normal not to have the fix applied in DNG as this is raw data.

Reactions: Kev Waite
8 flights done with new firmware. The Take off is improved in gps mode. have yet to check the vids and pics I took with the distortion switch activated. All flights were very responsive. the e90 stopped shaking while on ground and in the air so far. I have not done anything with data pilot yet. One minor bug though 7th flight controller said no camera attached but I had video feed and full telemetry on the controller. That was the only one out of total of eight full flights. For me to get to 20 min to 23 min I fly to battery meter hit below 15 percent then land. I set up the h520 to land at 16 percent. Had light winds blowing ne to sw at a good clip h520 was rock solid for me. And if the h520 tries to tip over one side I go for the emergency motor stop method as described by yuneec.uk h520 you tube tips. that saved me one on occasion where the right landing leg was stuck up but the left leg was down.

Dropping to 16% did you check the battery voltage? What voltage?

Using the emergency stop button is fine when you know you have to use it. But like this time, with your left hand down the left stick to descend and land and that button is on the left as well. When you keep the left stick down all the time to disarm the engines you will tell me if you have time to press the emergency stop button. You don't have time because he's lying down in less than a second. I haven't had this problem until now, I've never had any trouble landing. Luckily without consequences :)

Please try to record video by rotating the gimbal continuously. See if any of you have those little stops I'm talking about.

We've already asked for it more times, it would be great if Yuneec could get a detailed log of all the changes he makes in each update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trienchieu369