Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update App in Google Play?

BDL

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to the update app in Google Play? It doesnt show up when I search for it.

Yes thats it. But it will not pull up from Google Play on ST16S. I have searched "Yuneec" and "Yuneec Update Pilot" and no dice.

To clarify..when i use the ST16S and go into the google play store on the ST16S and type in "yuneec update pilot" and combinations thereof the app is not in the results. Additionally, using Google Play on my Samsung android the app is not there either. Im assuming it has been removed for download for some reason.

Last edited:
What is your camera? This app is only for the H520 with the E90 camera. It will not load for another camera system.

I have a H520 w/E90 camera. The problem is when using the ST16S and opening the Google Play store there is no yuneec update pilot app availible/visible. It is not there. There is nothing to download.

BDL, I have just checked that both from the computer and from the ST16S simply by searching for Yuneec the application appears. You're doing something wrong. Have you signed in with a Google Account? Just like you do with a cell phone?

Yes I have a Google account and am signed in. I downloaded 2 others apps onto my ST16S from that account.

It's very thin, the only thing I can think of that solves it safely is to download the application with another device, the mobile phone for example. You can also do it from the computer, if you search a little bit you find how to download it to the hard disk.

Once downloaded, copies to the SD of the ST16S and with the file explorer you run and install it.

That was the next step I took as well. However, my phone does not show the app either. My PC shows the update pilot app, but if I choose INSTALL. It show a message that the device is not compatible. Also In addition I have noticed Data Pilot App is not visible as well in Google Play on ST16S and my Android phone but is on my PC. I am not a novice computer user, but this has me stumped. I have reviewed the video recently put out by Yuneec on update pilot (see below link), but from the ST16S Google Play the app is not visible.

yuneec h520 update pilot - Bing video

Thanks arruntus, I appreciate the information and dillgence to help. If all else fails Ill use the APK option. I am going to try to contact support first. They might be able to provide some insight into this. I should not have to "backdoor" what is a simple thing as an app download...hopefully.

Please tell us how the problem ends, in case it happens to someone else so we can help him.

Hi guys - having the same issue. Using the st16s web browser I can search for and find the app but it states it as in incompatible version. I have updated all firmware manually. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Dobba

I can think of something else, have you activated the installation from unknown sources?

In android you must activate the "Settings / Security / Device Administration / Unknown sources" option.

Both of you try it and talk about it.

Yes that’s fine anyway but that would only come into play once the app was installed to allow it to download the updates. It’s not needed to download the app itself. Thanks for the reply though

The same depends on when you bought the H520. It may be something from the version of Android, which brings something different and that is causing problems with Google Play. I've read something about people who are updating the android version but little information about it. I can't think of anything else, I'm sorry.

Thanks again arruntus. Just got off with Mike from tech support. We went through it together with both our ST16S's in hand. Still could not determine what the issue might be. He said he would get the update pilot APK file to me. Its a mystery but I will hopefully at least get it to the 16 to use. I have attached the file to a zip folder below for anyone who may need it.

Attachments

• updater-app.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
If you want to share the file here by putting the version that is to avoid confusion you help Dobba too that has the same problem and hopefully to more people that can have it too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval