Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update work around found

Reaction score
Like many out there I got this for Christmas and can't get past the update. I was playing around with the app and found that if I go into the and at the bottom of the screen you will see the connect/disconnect button. With the phone unplugged or the drone off either will work, push that button and in the top left corner press skip. This will get you to the video screen and since you are technically not connected it will not try to check for an update. Now plug in the phone to the controller or turn on the drone. It will take a minute or so but will connect to your phone. Your in business. Hope this works for others. I have tried it a handful of times and it works for me. Good Luck

This does not work for me. As soon as I plug in the iphone the dreaded update message comes up.

Once it connects to your phone and shows video, unplug it and press the back button. Press the disconnect button skip and then plug your phone in again. I have an android so I don't know if this works for the iPhone.

Can you not overide and just fly?
I see no way to override this. some people have posted that they just fly it with only half the screen (the message is displayed while they fly). Very frustrating and I'm thinking of just returning it.

Once it connects to your phone and shows video, unplug it and press the back button. Press the disconnect button skip and then plug your phone in again. I have an android so I don't know if this works for the iPhone.
Yes! That worked! Thank you Findingbemo.

Reactions: sarge4680
Like many out there I got this for Christmas and can't get past the update. I was playing around with the app and found that if I go into the and at the bottom of the screen you will see the connect/disconnect button. With the phone unplugged or the drone off either will work, push that button and in the top left corner press skip. This will get you to the video screen and since you are technically not connected it will not try to check for an update. Now plug in the phone to the controller or turn on the drone. It will take a minute or so but will connect to your phone. Your in business. Hope this works for others. I have tried it a handful of times and it works for me. Good Luck
So you can get the App on your Android? I can't and Yuneec told me they let the Google App expire and it will take awhile to get it again. I can get the Yuneec Pilot App on the Apple platform though.

what do you mean when you say the IOS version is more robust? what are you basing your statement on? Do you have both apps (an apple version and an android version?
Yes, and the iOS version allows you to adjust the stick response. The Android version lacks that feature.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I have drone version 1.5 but shop who sold it to me says latest is 1.7. I do as well this unplug workaround. I get network error when try to upg. Does anyone have done upg ? Thanks

I have drone version 1.5 but shop who sold it to me says latest is 1.7. I do as well this unplug workaround. I get network error when try to upg. Does anyone have done upg ? Thanks
Unfortunately Yuneec’s Mantis servers are still down. it has been like that for two weeks or more now.

Call or email Yuneec EU Customer Support and ask why the servers are down. If they give you an answer , please post their response.

Unfortunately Yuneec’s Mantis servers are still down. it has been like that for two weeks or more now.

Call or email Yuneec EU Customer Support and ask why the servers are down. If they give you an answer , please post their response.
Today i finally got mantis q updated, maybe server up now.

The server for Mantis Q/G is back up as of 28 May, 2020. It was down for more than two weeks this time.

I am guessing Yuneec isn't supporting the update server unfortunately.
But I found a work around for my I-phone for my Mantis Q to get around the firmware update screen.

Start Yuneec Pilot
Click the Disconnected button
Click the Skip botton at the top right of the screen
Next plug in the cable from the controller
Once the controller is connected turn on the Mantis Q and let it connect, may take several seconds.
Once it connects the "update firmware pops up on the screen
Disconnect the cable from your phone and then click the update button
It should say update successful
Click the back button top middle of the screen
Then plug the cable back into your phone
You should now have video and all functions

This worked for me, and I hope it does for everyone else!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss