Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updated Firmware: BUILD750-20180824

Reaction score
Hi,
History to start on new bases and not to disturb the subject on the update of the C23, let us share our information (if you want) on BUILD750 20180824.

I just returned to test the 750 in flight Angle, and manual (without gps), no worries, apart from the landing gear that does not want to return, I think it's mechanical because it moves a little. On the H480, it was enough to return to test it, on the H + it must not be the same. If anyone knows the manipulation to avoid flying to do the test.

I'm going to watch the videos now.

The pictures are correct, good behavior of the gimbal, no vibrations, no jello

1535815862622.png

Last edited:
Updated today with the firmware. Did all necessary calibrations and everything is working great. There is one thing I noticed and that is the controller is now a bit slow to acquire satellite signals along with the number of SAT signals it receives. Anyone else notice a bit of a delay with SAT acquisition?

Reactions: Eric C and oliver
Hi,
History to start on new bases and not to disturb the subject on the update of the C23, let us share our information (if you want) on BUILD750 20180824.

I just returned to test the 650 in flight Angle, and manual (without gps), no worries, apart from the landing gear that does not want to return, I think it's mechanical because it moves a little. On the H480, it was enough to return to test it, on the H + it must not be the same. If anyone knows the manipulation to avoid flying to do the test.

I'm going to watch the videos now.

The pictures are correct, good behavior of the gimbal, no vibrations, no jello

View attachment 11085
This update is now active in the US as well. I am in the process of upgrading now. I had decided to hold off upgrading through the 'secret' path and wait for the 'official' release. Well, that happened yesterday or today :). Thank you Yuneec!

Reactions: Terence and oliver
Updated today with the firmware. Did all necessary calibrations and everything is working great. There is one thing I noticed and that is the controller is now a bit slow to acquire satellite signals along with the number of SAT signals it receives. Anyone else notice a bit of a delay with SAT acquisition?
It may simply be the satellite acquisition takes longer after the firmware update. If the update reset the Lat\Long to zero, searching for the sats and downloading the almanac data will take up to 13 minutes. On the next flight it should acquire the sats much more quickly.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Did you try to wiggle the gear when operating the switch? They might be just stuck if they tried to move at all.

Reactions: oliver
Did you try to wiggle the gear when operating the switch? They might be just stuck if they tried to move at all.
@Steve Carr thank's
That's it, it's fixed.
You know that when a landing gear blocks initially, the second will go up 1cm or 2 and stop. So, I took off and observed the one that did not move at all. I dismounted it and put it in the H480 turned upside down and I got the confirmation that there was a problem in the mechanics of the landing gear (not the connections or bad contact). This had already happened to me at the beginning with the 480. There is a lack of lubrication of the mechanics.
So disassembly of the plastic casing mechanics (be careful to observe the front parts) and lubrication. We take the opportunity to do the same on the other landing gear that works. I just tested in flight it's ok. For now, I do not have the ability to check landing gear without flying.
I advise if you have time to do this preventive operation. ;)

Last edited:
Just upgraded from a 658 version to the 750 version.

I was one of the early users with the vibrating gimbal after the first update. Returned to BestBuy and have been flying fine on the 658 version, including this morning. Decided to upgrade to get the video settings bug resolved.

The 750 version upgraded fine. Very long upgrade, and a surprising amount of code in their 'Remote' component of 364 MB; not sure what that is. They upgrade 'US Drone' 'UK Drone' 'Remote' 'App' components. Remote may be the actual Android OS; not sure.

I can now select Video modes which I could not before so I can actually try the 4k with H265 encoding.

Yea well im struggeling with it now. Lost remote and can't rebind even though all lights are flashing yellow [emoji21] any suggestions are welcome

Reactions: oliver
Yea well im struggeling with it now. Lost remote and can't rebind even though all lights are flashing yellow [emoji21] any suggestions are welcome

Yes, I had this worry, Yuneec Europe sent me the manual in an unknown language, he thought I did not know how to binder a Yuneec drone.:rolleyes:

I searched for 10 hours to find the solution (I was shooting the next day).

2 cases: either the downloaded file is bugged, or the installation on the H + did not finish well, hence the problem of bind.

I propose to you in a first time to erase all the files in the directory yuneecOTA of your ST16S (you can save them if you want, but that of the C23 is to throw).

Then you put on a blank microSd card the file attachment (after replacing the *.txt by *.yuneec) and you insert it into the C23.

You turn on the H + (without the ST16S) and you wait for the camera to go green. The drone will reboot alone.
This file will allow you to overwrite the incorrect installation and to go down to BUILD748.

You still can not binder.

Then you turn on ST16S, then the H + and wait until the camera is connected. You ask in the menu an update. Normally you should see that everything is ok, everything is in 750 except the camera which is in 748 or 9.

You make the update, download and let the installation finish. Then you try to binder by turning over the H + and you look if you find it in the list.

It looks like this:
1535888077385.png

Attachments

• TYPHOONHPLUS_C23_E_1.0.12_BUILD748_20180815.txt
    29.6 MB · Views: 57
Yes, I had this worry, Yuneec Europe sent me the manual in an unknown language, he thought I did not know how to binder a Yuneec drone.:rolleyes:

2 cases: either the downloaded file is bugged, or the installation on the H + did not finish well, hence the problem of bind.

I propose to you in a first time to erase all the files in the directory yuneecOTA of your ST16S (you can save them if you want, but that of the C23 is to throw).

Then you put on a blank microSd card the file attachment (after replacing the *.txt by *.yuneec) and you insert it into the C23.

You turn on the H + (without the ST16S) and you wait for the camera to go green. The drone will reboot alone.
This file will allow you to overwrite the incorrect installation and to go down to BUILD748.

Then you turn on ST16S, then the H + and wait until the camera is connected. You ask in the menu an update. Normally you should see that everything is ok, everything is in 750 except the camera which is in 748 or 9.

You make the update, download and let the installation finish. Then you try to binder by turning over the H + and you look if you find it in the list.

It looks like this:
View attachment 11110
Thank you Oliver trying now.

It looks like this:
View attachment 11110

Tried all your suggestions Oliver with no luck :-( but thank you for your help @oliver
Downgraded --> no luck.
Reupgraded --> no luck
Reset controller --> no luck

Guess I have to send it in yet again! And at the moment strongly thinking about returning it, can't make a living with a product that keeps being grounded because of bad updates, which is sad because I really like this drone.

Strange, when I updated to the 0801 firmware, I got the opposite result of faster satellite acquisition and a higher count. Of late I have noticed that my count is lower than a few weeks ago.

Tried all your suggestions Oliver with no luck :-( but thank you for your help @oliver
Downgraded --> no luck.
Reupgraded --> no luck

Guess I have to send it in yet again! And at the moment strongly thinking about returning it, can't make a living with a product that keeps being grounded because of bad updates, which is sad because I really like this drone.
Since your issue appears to be a FW/code is issue and not a HW failure, it seems like there must be some way to get the ST and C23 to bind without sending in the system AGAIN. Is there a HW reset button on the C23? I seem to recall reading somewhere on the forum that there is...

Downgraded --> no luck.
Reupgraded --> no luck

This is troubling how these updates can go smooth for some but not for others. Hope you get it sorted.

This is troubling how these updates can go smooth for some but not for others. Hope you get it sorted.
Yea not having much faith in the drone today

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin