Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Upgrade to 4K

Reaction score
Yuneec told me we can trade in our 1080P camera for a 4K camera setup for $300 exchange, direct with Yuneec. Has anyone done that yet? Does it work as expected, no software hiccups?

It's been a couple months since I spoke to Yuneec about this option. At the time they didn't know when they would have extra 4K cameras for the swap out offer. Just curious if anyone did this yet.

Although I would never use 4K, the control of the extra camera settings and the added FPS of the 4K camera in 1080 mode is attractive.

Yuneec confirmed this to me last week when my CGO2+ camera was in CS for a repair. They offered to ship a 4K to me for $299 and they keep the CGO2+ for warranty swap outs. They said it would be simple plug and play swap out.

Unfortunately, none of my work flow is really 4k right now: computer monitor, editing software or even TV. Even less with those I might share video.

Hello John,

Upgrade option is now available. Please feel free to email me or call customer service service for further details 1-855-284-8888.

Last edited:
Hello John,

Upgrade option is now available. Please feel free to email me or call customer service service for further details 1-855-284-8888.
Thanks for the notification, I expect to be calling soon to get the upgrade. Is there a limit how long the upgrade will be offered?

Since I don't have the CGO3, can you outline the added control I'll have with the new camera? I heard that I would be able to change camera settings, such as white balance, shutter speed, ISO, etc. Can you list the things I'll gain versus the CGO2 camera?

One of key things I'm looking to fix is the color over-saturation that occurs sometimes with my CGO2. Is that fixed, do I have control over that with CGO3?

Thanks much for the answers.

Thanks for the notification, I expect to be calling soon to get the upgrade. Is there a limit how long the upgrade will be offered?

Since I don't have the CGO3, can you outline the added control I'll have with the new camera? I heard that I would be able to change camera settings, such as white balance, shutter speed, ISO, etc. Can you list the things I'll gain versus the CGO2 camera?

One of key things I'm looking to fix is the color over-saturation that occurs sometimes with my CGO2. Is that fixed, do I have control over that with CGO3?

Thanks much for the answers.

No cut off date as of now on upgrade program. CGO3 will have higher resolution options and the ability to change camera settings as you stated above.

CGO2+ 130° FOV FULL HD 1080p - Adjustable 60, 50 or 48 FPS - 16MP photo resolution

CGO3 115° FOV UHD: 4K at 30FPS, 2.7K at 30FPS, 2.5K at 30FPS — FULL HD: 1080p at 24/25/30/48/50/60/120FPS - 12MP photo resolution

No cut off date as of now on upgrade program. CGO3 will have higher resolution options and the ability to change camera settings as you stated above.

CGO2+ 130° FOV FULL HD 1080p - Adjustable 60, 50 or 48 FPS - 16MP photo resolution

CGO3 115° FOV UHD: 4K at 30FPS, 2.7K at 30FPS, 2.5K at 30FPS — FULL HD: 1080p at 24/25/30/48/50/60/120FPS - 12MP photo resolution
That's interesting, why is the photo resolution lower on the better camera ?

I like to know a little more DETAILS on the upgrade from the CGO2+ swapping out to CGO3 4K.

01. I understand most of the specs between the cameras as listed in this thread, but can you SPECIALLY tell me what improvement controls will the camera have? Such as IOS, White balance, Lock White balance, shutter speed and so on. Please list ALL of the control features. This is important and my main interest to upgrade is to control the camera for BETTER videography. Yuneec website doesn't list the camera controls settings for the CG03 4K, if they do please share the link or copy and paste them here.

02. I also like to better understand the wire cables and the the hot swap connections. It looks like the CGO3 4K uses a hot swap connection of some sort where as my Q500+ does not, requires a wire connection. So will the CGO3 4K still use the cable connection with my Q500+?

03. Does upgrading include the plastic camera lock cover? I've read my CGO2+ cover will not fit the CGO3 4K.

04. What about the steady grip, same concern with the wire cables listed in number 2. Can I even use the same steady grip that came with my Q500+ with the CGO3 4K? IF not, does the steady grip for the CGO 4K come with the trade? Does anyone know if there is a new steady grip does it come with a rechargable LiPO battery than the 8 recharging AAA batteries?

05. Just to be sure, the CGO3 4K will work seamlessly with the ST10+ transmitter, correct? Any firmware upgrades ect.

06. Lastly, the gimbal and camera is all in one swap - just checking.

Crazy for all these questions, but you would think they be listed on Yuneec website, but I can't find the answers.

Hopefully, Yuneec_Usa is watching this post and can answer these questions.

Last edited:
I like to know a little more DETAILS on the upgrade from the CGO2+ swapping out to CGO3 4K.

01. I understand most of the specs between the cameras as listed in this thread, but can you SPECIALLY tell me what improvement controls will the camera have? Such as IOS, White balance, Lock White balance, shutter speed and so on. Please list ALL of the control features. This is important and my main interest to upgrade is to control the camera for BETTER videography. Yuneec website doesn't list the camera controls settings for the CG03 4K, if they do please share the link or copy and paste them here.

You will have the following features

02. I also like to better understand the wire cables and the the hot swap connections. It looks like the CGO3 4K uses a hot swap connection of some sort where as my Q500+ does not, requires a wire connection. So will the CGO3 4K still use the cable connection with my Q500+?

Gimbal may be powered by wiring or hot swap connection.

03. Does upgrading include the plastic camera lock cover? I've read my CGO2+ cover will not fit the CGO3 4K.

Unfortunately gimbal lock must be purchased separately.

04. What about the steady grip, same concern with the wire cables listed in number 2. Can I even use the same steady grip that came with my Q500+ with the CGO3 4K? IF not, does the steady grip for the CGO 4K come with the trade? Does anyone know if there is a new steady grip does it come with a rechargable LiPO battery than the 8 recharging AAA batteries?

Customer support will need your CGO2+ and steady grip. Upgrade includes CGO3 and 8 "AA" steady grip.

05. Just to be sure, the CGO3 4K will work seamlessly with the ST10+ transmitter, correct? Any firmware upgrades ect.

Firmware update is required. Which is included with upgrade package.

06. Lastly, the gimbal and camera is all in one swap - just checking.

Yes.

Crazy for all these questions, but you would think they be listed on Yuneec website, but I can't find the answers.

Hopefully, Yuneec_Usa is watching this post and can answer these questions.

If you need additional assistance please call Tech Support at 1-844-898-6332.

Did the upgrade from 2...... to 3, 4 weeks ago.

Everything works. There are no negative changes. There's no loss of any of the features. Basically YES to every question.

Did the upgrade from 2...... to 3, 4 weeks ago.

Everything works. There are no negative changes. There's no loss of any of the features. Basically YES to every question.

After binding the Cgo3 did you have any issues with selecting the cgo3 in the camera select setting? I was able to bind successfully but the cgo3 does not show up in the camera select setting. I can see the live view and I'm able to tilt up and down but I cannot do anything else.

After binding the Cgo3 did you have any issues with selecting the cgo3 in the camera select setting?

It's been awhile now, [since the swap] but I honestly don't remember having any issues getting everything working. I do know, that i've played with camera settings many times since then, and
absolutely pleased with all aspects of that 4K'er. Wish I had better info for you.......:rolleyes:

It's been awhile now, [since the swap] but I honestly don't remember having any issues getting everything working. I do know, that i've played with camera settings many times since then, and
absolutely pleased with all aspects of that 4K'er. Wish I had better info for you.......:rolleyes:

Thanks anyway... The anticipation is killing me. Hopefully I can get it going soon.

It's gotta be something really simple and easy. I'm no pro techno......but pulled it off.
You're missing or stepping over one key step [**** no, I don't know]

Git back to work !!!!

It's gotta be something really simple and easy. I'm no pro techno......but pulled it off.
You're missing or stepping over one key step [**** no, I don't know]

Git back to work !!!!

I just deleted to copter and then proceeded to bind the copter and the cgo3 but I'm stuck with the same results...only the cgo1 & cgo2 shows in the settings.

Dig out the phone number for Yuneec. I've had to call them twice with questions and directions.
English voices, with no accents. Pleasant to deal with & NO attitudes. Took good care of me.
VERY professional, and they know the product line.

No reason to beat yourself up..... over this kinda thing

Dig out the phone number for Yuneec. I've had to call them twice with questions and directions.
English voices, with no accents. Pleasant to deal with & NO attitudes. Took good care of me.
VERY professional, and they know the product line.

No reason to beat yourself up..... over this kinda thing

Do you know if they're available on the weekends? I sent a email and got a automated response that they'll respond in 1-3 business days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22