Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Upgrading to Build 784 dated 20181122 may screw your gimble up

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So today I upgraded to Build 784 and immediately after the gimble upgrade happened the camera started vibrating badly and would not stop unless the camera was pointing at 45 degree.
I didnt panic as I knew how to fix this as it has happened before so I will give you the steps here just in case it happens to you.
What I am bewildered with is these issues happen so randomly as other users have upgraded without issue, so if you don't know how to do this you will have to send your H Plus back to Yuneec for it to be fixed.
So here is the method of fixing it.

First of all make sure your camera is pointing straight at 0 degree, I believe that this is the main cause of the gimble upgrade going wrong and causing vibration.
If it all goes wrong do the following steps but first follow this tutorial on how to extract the H Plus firmware.
How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus

1, shut down H Plus
2, remove SD Card from C23
3, using the firmware extraction method above put an OLDER gimble firmware (gimble.yuneec) onto a fresh formatted in FAT 32 SD Card (of course you will have needed to save the older firmware in the first place)
4, insert sd card in C23 and switch on the H Plus (do not have the ST16S switched on)
5, wait until the C23 flops and then realigns, leave for a further 2 mins and your vibrations should now have stopped, if not try an even older firmware for the gimble. Switch off H Plus
6, format the SD Card again and then drag and drop the latest gimble firmware on the SD Card
7, re insert the SD Card into C23 and repeat steps 4 and 5

Your C23 should now not have any vibrations and saves you a trip back to Yuneec repairers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech