Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Upload files

Reaction score
I placed a telemetry file from my ST10+ on my desktop. To upload it do I rename the file by adding.txt? Tried that and could not find the file when I selected upload file? OR do I add txt without the .? Do I have to upload it directly from the ST10+ SD card?

I placed a telemetry file from my ST10+ on my desktop. To upload it do I rename the file by adding.txt? Tried that and could not find the file when I selected upload file? OR do I add txt without the .? Do I have to upload it directly from the ST10+ SD card?
It should work by adding the .txt or .jpg. Either of those file extensions should upload.

This is what I am seeing?

Attachments

• file error.JPG
    file error.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 25
No, you have to actually replace the .csv with .txt or .jpg
The admin could allow .csv files for upload to make it easier if they so choose.

I don't know why it is showing up like that. This is the file taken from the ST10+ Now when I right click on it and rename it I add .txt
Is that correct because what shows up is the above error when I try to up load it. I think I am missing a step here?

Attachments

• file.JPG
    file.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 22
Why all this experiments with renaming or so? Simply make a ZIP archive (zipping it). So you do not need to deal with those single files but can upload a complete FlightLog w/o any problems.

BTW, Windows is a little bit thumb. It connects file extension with a single application, i.e. CSV to Excel. This may be correct, but in the most cases not. So don't worry.

br HE

This was the recommended procedure by the moderators. I should be able upload in the way they suggested just trying to figure out why I cannot.

Dont know why it show up that way Steve. Am I doing it correct by right clicking on the file and then selecting rename. That is what I have been doing. When I add.txt it seems to come up as .txt.csv I will keep trying.

Dont know why it show up that way Steve. Am I doing it correct by right clicking on the file and then selecting rename. That is what I have been doing. When I add.txt it seems to come up as .txt.csv I will keep trying.
That method should work. I use it frequently. Try removing the .csv. You should get a warning about changing the file extension. Say yes to the warning.

Also such a thumbness of Windows that the default setting is to hide the file extension. This nonsense came up with an earlier verion, I think Win XP or so. For eample, you cannor distinguish between notepad.txt, notepad.exe, notepad.ico or notepad.lnk. All those are complete different things, but shown up as notepad - crazy. And, of course it allows vulnerability (think about viruses (cheap viruses) called look at me.jpg.exe - you see only look at me.jpg, click on it and the trouble starts).

br HE

Also such a thumbness of Windows that the default setting is to hide the file extension. This nonsense came up with an earlier verion, I think Win XP or so. For eample, you cannor distinguish between notepad.txt, notepad.exe, notepad.ico or notepad.lnk. All those are complete different things, but shown up as notepad - crazy.
br HE
Exactly. That was my next question. When you right click to change the file name do you see the file extension of .csv???

So you need to be careful about where you put the .txt. By default it will be added before the .csv. You have to click to the right of that file ext or simply delete the .csv.

To clarify, when I go to rename and right click ot does NOT show any file extension there. Look at my previous post of a pic of the file. Apparently when I rename by adding .txt that is somehow being placed before the .csv even though I cannot see the .csv??

To clarify, when I go to rename and right click ot does NOT show any file extension there. Look at my previous post of a pic of the file. Apparently when I rename by adding .txt that is somehow being placed before the .csv even though I cannot see the .csv??
OKAY. That is the problem. It's because your windows settings are set to "Hide Known File Extensions." or something similar.

Reactions: Jafo
Open Windows Explorer.
At the top of the page, Go to Tools>Folder Options>View> Uncheck the box "Hide extensions for known file types". Close out and open W.E. again
You should be able to see the full file name now and simply add .Txt to the end.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio