Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Usb programmer help !!

Reaction score
Hello, I am changing rear esc of the drone, but I DONT have the usb programmer. Is there any way to do this repair without having programmer ?

Ordered B rear esc. Broken is A rear motor.

Reactions: Foureverfree
No. You have to assign the motors in the GUI. When you say you don't have the programmer, do you mean you don't have the
GUI, or that you don't have the programmer cable?

I am assuming you have a new ESC. Not sure what you meant by "ordered B rear esc". The ESC are front and rear, but are not A and B.
It is often possible to install a USED esc from the same motor from another drone, and get it to work without doing assignment, but it is NOT advisable. Be very aware that installing a used ESC from the wrong motor may let the motors start, and then cause a crash on takeoff.
It will not work with a NEW esc without assignment.

No. You have to assign the motors in the GUI. When you say you don't have the programmer, do you mean you don't have the
GUI, or that you don't have the programmer cable?

I am assuming you have a new ESC. Not sure what you meant by "ordered B rear esc". The ESC are front and rear, but are not A and B.
It is often possible to install a USED esc from the same motor from another drone, and get it to work without doing assignment, but it is NOT advisable. Be very aware that installing a used ESC from the wrong motor may let the motors start, and then cause a crash on takeoff.
It will not work with a NEW esc without assignment.
I dont have the cable. The esc I ordered came of a used drone. but it is B rotation - right side (broken is A rotation- left side) its labeled on the motors. Is there something special about the usb cable or can that be DIY made ?

Yeah, it's special made. I assume you are using an ST-10 or ST-10+ controller? (The cable is different for the few birds that use a Spectrum controller.)

Yeah, it's special made. I assume you are using an ST-10 or ST-10+ controller? (The cable is different for the few birds that use a Spectrum controller.)
Yeah - st10. So can I switch 2 phases for motor to spin in other direction if its wrong ?

No. There is more to the motor control than direction of rotation. If the main board does not see a unique ESC ID for each motor, it will not run any motor. IF you try to switch leads, it will think it sees two right rear motors, and won't initialize.
Believe me, I've "been there, done that", and the only way to do this right is to do it the right way. You will benefit in the end.

The piece you need is "Yuneec USB Interface/Programmer: Q500 YUNA100". I just went on eBay, and there are several available. The site sponsor might have them, Amazon might, maybe even a local hobby store.

No. There is more to the motor control than direction of rotation. If the main board does not see a unique ESC ID for each motor, it will not run any motor. IF you try to switch leads, it will think it sees two right rear motors, and won't initialize.
Believe me, I've "been there, done that", and the only way to do this right is to do it the right way. You will benefit in the end.

The piece you need is "Yuneec USB Interface/Programmer: Q500 YUNA100". I just went on eBay, and there are several available. The site sponsor might have them, Amazon might, maybe even a local hobby store.
Thanks, but ordering a new ESC is a problem because I need the drone to be working ASAP but I am from Latvia.

Thanks, but ordering a new ESC is a problem because I need the drone to be working ASAP but I am from Latvia.
I know of no way to get your drone flying without doing a proper ESC assignment in the GUI. You don't really need to order another ESC, you just need to program the one you have with the GUI.

With that said, there were a couple things you said in earlier posts that don't match up. Your description of "A" and "B" and "Left and "Right" was backwards. The RIGHT REAR should be an "A" motor/ESC. The LEFT REAR should be "B". And you can not substitute a Front "B" for a Rear "B", either. Please look again at which motor/ESC has failed, and look at the markings again on the replacement ESC you have, and tell me exactly what you are trying to do. If the replacement does not indicate whether it came from front or rear, you can look at the color of the little LED wire to tell. White/black is front. Red/Black is rear.

I know of no way to get your drone flying without doing a proper ESC assignment in the GUI. You don't really need to order another ESC, you just need to program the one you have with the GUI.

With that said, there were a couple things you said in earlier posts that don't match up. Your description of "A" and "B" and "Left and "Right" was backwards. The RIGHT REAR should be an "A" motor/ESC. The LEFT REAR should be "B". And you can not substitute a Front "B" for a Rear "B", either. Please look again at which motor/ESC has failed, and look at the markings again on the replacement ESC you have, and tell me exactly what you are trying to do. If the replacement does not indicate whether it came from front or rear, you can look at the color of the little LED wire to tell. White/black is front. Red/Black is rear.
Sorry, by ESC i meant programmer.ill clarify - currently broken is REAR motor marked A, but I have ordered ESC with motor that is from rear too, but marked B.

That is bad news. I think you will not be able to do anything until you find the programmer cable. I looked at Horizon Hobby locations in Europe, and none seem close to you. I wish I could help, but I think I cannot. My apologies.
Tom B.

That is bad news. I think you will not be able to do anything until you find the programmer cable. I looked at Horizon Hobby locations in Europe, and none seem close to you. I wish I could help, but I think I cannot. My apologies.
Tom B.
Yeah, ill have to order one. Copter.eu seems to have one... Anyway, thanks for help mate !

In drones no order Back or Rear, only rotation CW (ClockWise) and CCW (CounterClockWise).

Yeah, it’s correct!
I don’t know what they did called it CGO3 liides, because you need YUNA100.
It’s what I see on bottom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval