Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using Android 8 and BreezeCam - okay in the meantime?

Reaction score
DoomMeister has repeatedly mentioned that devices running Android 8/Oreo might need a reboot before BreezeCam would be able to connect to the Breeze's Wifi hotspot. While it is good to know that this workaround exists, having to reboot certainly remains an annoyance.
Now, Doom quoted this as an advice coming from Yuneec support right after Oreo first came out. I am wondering whether anything has meanwhile changed on the Android 8 side - per updates - that would make this reboot unnecessary? Any Android 8 users out there with first hand experience?
I am wondering because an upgrade to Oreo is vaguely announced for my phone...

Thanks!

Hi Robbie2
I've never had an issue cconnecting with my Huawei p10 mate on Oreo, I do get from time to time the WiFi drop at a short distance which is more annoying, I'm going to start looking at tweaking the firmware to use the lower end of the 5ghz bandwidth to attempt to get a more stable connection.. I'm currently set quite high on the scale.. unsure if anyone has tweaked or got a better version out there?

Reactions: robbie2
Tweaking the Breeze firmware, you mean? I believe that is fully closed source, so that will be difficult... but thanks for the answer on Oreo, reassuring to know, should my Moto G5s ever get b the upgrade...

Tweaking the Breeze firmware, you mean? I believe that is fully closed source, so that will be difficult... but thanks for the answer on Oreo, reassuring to know, should my Moto G5s ever get b the upgrade...
Talking of Wifi drops... I flew three packs two days ago without the slightest hiccup. Then flew another two packs yesterday. But yesterday, I lost connection two times in a row (when going up beyond 35 meters or so), and BreezeCam would NOT reconnect, although the phone itself regained an excellent Wifi connection when the automatic RTH brought the Breeze back into range. Restarting BreezeCam or disabling/enabling wifi on the phone did not help. Reconnect was possible after Breeze landed and had a fresh battery, after that, no troubles.
No interfering 5Ghz networks to be detected, just a few very weak 2.4Ghz wifis.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430