Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using coordinates ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a way to locate a location using coordinates while flying, I'm guessing you could go into your flight data, and see ? Has anyone done this, and how to translate the info for the ill educated?

I don't understand the question. What do you want to do?

Some drones have live-map on the screen. Typhoon H or Q500 do not have that. You can try to fake the Typhoon H as H920. Then you may have the flight app that can display maps. I did not test it by myself, only heard about this. I personally do not need the map on the screen - I usually know where I am. The picture from the cam is more important for me while flying.

After the flight you can do anything with the coordinates from the telemetry log file. Show the flight on GoogleEarth, use as GPX track or import coordinates/track into your video (by DashWare or similar overlay video software).

br HE

I don't understand the question. What do you want to do?

Some drones have live-map on the screen. Typhoon H or Q500 do not have that. You can try to fake the Typhoon H as H920. Then you may have the flight app that can display maps. I did not test it by myself, only heard about this. I personally do not need the map on the screen - I usually know where I am. The picture from the cam is more important for me while flying.

After the flight you can do anything with the coordinates from the telemetry log file. Show the flight on GoogleEarth, use as GPX track or import coordinates/track into your video (by DashWare or similar overlay video software).

br HE
Thanx for the reply, I really like the map as DJI has just seems handy. What I'm trying to do is locate an area in a nearby forest thats like 2400' in from where I can take off from, I've use google maps pro to get the distances, and whatnot I'm just having a problem locating it, nevermind the hawks, and an occasional eagle messing with me ? The funny part is I could drive there by a fire road, but that would take the fun out of it along with a learning experience. Was wondering if I could switch over to get the coordinates of where I'm at while flying in the general area ? Once I learn how to do this I could use this system in the future ?

Since the thread is written in General Discussion it was not clear for me if this is a general question or related to a special drone.
I guess we talk about the Typhoon H, do we?

For the H the only way I know is to fake as H920 to get another flight mode app which should be able to display live map during flight.

br HE

Since the thread is written in General Discussion it was not clear for me if this is a general question or related to a special drone.
I guess we talk about the Typhoon H, do we?

For the H the only way I know is to fake as H920 to get another flight mode app which should be able to display live map during flight.

br HE
Sorry, didn't know where to post it, as it was in general ? I have both the H, H+, and the 500, besides the breeze. What I was geting at is while fling switching over to the flight logs, and reading the coordinates to compare to the location I'm trying to find ? I'm guessing I could do a CCC route save the route, and adjust from there on the next flight ? Sorry this is all new to me. One more question along these lines, john sent me the 520 card for my H, but dont know what to do with it, now thinking it might help me achieve this ? I do know there must be a way to do this.

The best way to do this is probably with UAV toolbox. Set up the flight and save it and then you can fly to that location. No need to use GPS coordinates with that program since it does the calculations.

The best way to do this is probably with UAV toolbox. Set up the flight and save it and then you can fly to that location. No need to use GPS coordinates with that program since it does the calculations.
I have the UAV toolbox, but really haven't gotten into it much as of yet ? It would be nice if there was a YT video on it, with everything it does ? I'll figure out something, in the meantime I'm likening the game of bein the treasure hunter?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech