Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using Mantis Q and QGROUNDCONTROL -update firmware

Reaction score
I have a brand new Yuneec Mantis Q and I want to use QGC to plan and fly missions. I have updated all software on Manits through their app but when I tried to fly a mission in QGC I received a warning my Firmware is out of data and it will arm but will not execute mission. So I connected the Mantis Q to my machine (windows and a linux latest qgc) and neither of them will see the drone to allow me to update the firmware. I can access the drone through the files manager and see files but QGC doesn’t see it. What do I do?

Reaction score
You can`t update Mantis Q firmware using QGC, and you should not try, as QGC states "QGroundControl desktop versions can install PX4 Pro or ArduPilot firmware onto Pixhawk-family flight-controller boards"

Mantis Q is PX4 based, but it has not a Pixhawk compatible board.

I had no problems using QGC v.3.4.4 and v.3.5.0. At first start they show a warning:

but after some checks, I was confident to load an perform missions perfectly.

I found hard to control the drone using the "virtual joysticks", but it was very easy to execute missions.

I didn't check later versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3

Reaction score
I saw the same errors when i used the latest QGC. Maybe Ill try and use an older version.

Thanks for taking a look! I appreciate it.

Reaction score
I have been able to connect to Mantis Q using both the IOS and Windows version of QGC. I am also getting the initial PX4 message.

I can also connect using the UDP setting with the Windows version of Mission Planner.

I have not yet tried any mission plans.

Reaction score
You can`t update Mantis Q firmware using QGC, and you should not try, as QGC states "QGroundControl desktop versions can install PX4 Pro or ArduPilot firmware onto Pixhawk-family flight-controller boards"

Mantis Q is PX4 based, but it has not a Pixhawk compatible board.

I had no problems using QGC v.3.4.4 and v.3.5.0. At first start they show a warning:

View attachment 17287

but after some checks, I was confident to load an perform missions perfectly.

View attachment 17288

I found hard to control the drone using the "virtual joysticks", but it was very easy to execute missions.

I didn't check later versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3
Quick Question. I am just getting into flying Drones for a school project. I have a little experience but I was wondering what antenna you used to fly the Mantis Q with QGC? I haven't been able to find much information on this subject.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarchOye