Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

usual blue light charging battery solution

Reaction score
had problems with my unused battery charging got the blue light tried the usb fix to no avail ended up boosting it with a 12v for around 30 mins constantly checking with a multimeter got it up to 11v and it's now charging !!

had sat unused for a few months and has never been flown or used hope to get some flight time now as this pesky scottish weather may give me a break soon !

back to blue light worked in the drone too 70% and today blue light again

Time to order a replacement battery, I am afraid. When doing that, stay away from 3rd party manufactured batteries, they are usually of interior quality and not worth the money. Take care to store your batteries at about 50% voltage level when you don't expect to fly them sooner than at most 2 days ahead. Storing Lipo batteries in fully charged or fully dis-charged state can hugely shorten their life-span.

That being said, I personally would still take your current battery through two more revival cycles, to check whether you really cannot get it back. This forum also has instructions on how to measure the voltage of individual cells. But I would never really trust that particular battery again.

thanks for the help ! this is an original battery, not a 3rd party one its been boosted again and back on charge with the red/green condition lights flashing replacement batteries are very costly here as you will know so its not washing well with the other half who got me the breeze it was on sale in pc world for £200 and having not even flown it makes it worse. will post back up with the results. it was at 70% last night in the breeze all working fine odd little battery packs then i plugged it in this morning to blue light grrr

thanks again

yes, I understood that your current battery is the original one - I just wanted to warn you about buying cheapo replacements.
By the way, how has your battery been stored? Aside from storing at an intermediate charge level, it is important to have it neither in the charger nor in the drone when not in use. Both could lead to a deep dis-charge of the battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: shug
Yes it was stored in the box un connected to any thing that's why I found it odd that it never took a charge also stored at room temp. When i connect to the charger it locks on conditioning for ever when i turn off and on i get a solid green just upset that its un used I did find a battery on flea bay in sure as it's a bit higher than the original any advice ?1550605129622.jpegScreenshot_20190219-194008_eBay.jpeg

I have a few drones ranging from tiny ones to quite large the red 5 type just don't get the weather to fly them I hope to be more active this year with them as I love flying them !

Once again thank you for the support

Shug

If you have a voltmeter that can measure to 0.01V or better yet 0.001V you need to see what each individual cell is reading in that battery. It truly sounds like one of the cells has been deep discharged and is not holding its voltage when removed from the charging source. That is why it stays in the red/green flashing balance charge mode for so long on the charger.

You really need to let it go through the complete balance charge two or three times, discharging the battery at least 50% between charges.

Go to post #10 in this thread for battery pinout Battery blinking blue light.

Yes I read over this previously and did use the meter on each cell I truly think its seen its day even though it's never been used very frustrating indeed ! Was toying with opening up the casing to see if anything was relevant to cause this to happen

Should have mentioned each cell I got to 4.2 via a 12v charge under supervision with the meter it took just over 30mins in total once again thanks again for the valued help

Shug

Yes it was stored in the box un connected to any thing that's why I found it odd that it never took a charge also stored at room temp. When i connect to the charger it locks on conditioning for ever when i turn off and on i get a solid green just upset that its un used I did find a battery on flea bay in sure as it's a bit higher than the original any advice ?View attachment 14623View attachment 14624
Use the search function of the forum to search for reports on the Gifi batteries. If I remember my own reading of these reports correctly, people had mixed experiences.

so the battery has now been cured now went for a flight yesterday came back and it conditioned and charged no problems but i will keep a close eye on it for sure also noticed the spare batt was from hong kong so i will search on for a 2nd battey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio