Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VENOM 4 BAY BATTERY CHARGER for Typhoon H Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjf

Reaction score
Received mine the beginning of July.
It worked fine 3 times.
On the 4th time, bay # 2 did not turn from green to red when a battery was inserted.
I checked to be sure this was the same result w/other batteries.

(Also noticed that the batteries need to be pushed into the bays w/some resolve or the contacts won’t mesh to properly start the charging process.)

Since I purposely purchased this charger from Venom, I started the online support process & filled out the form.
I received an email from Andrew at Venom that they needed information about which charger I purchased, the date code and serial #..!!!!!

This is all included on the online form!!!!
I sent the same info again 3 times(!!) in reply emails and asked why he didn’t read his own company form????

Andrew apologized for my frustration.
I replied that he could alleviate my frustration by not jerking me off!

The next email was from their shipping division stating that they shipped another charger & included the FedEx tracking #..!!! LOL! (one year warranty)

Since I live in Las Vegas, it takes about 3 days to arrive from Idaho.

I am retired & purposely waiting at home for the charger to arrive..!!!
While I am at the computer, FedEx sends me an email stating that they delivered the item at the front door, Friday afternoon, ten minutes ago.

Checking both entrances proves (private home) that there is no delivery from FedEx.
A call to FedEx says they made delivery.

On Monday I started an inquiry w/FedEx.

The regular driver showed up 2 days later & apologized for the fact that another driver filled in for him.

The replacement driver swears he delivered the item.. LOL!
(Not to MY address...)

FedEx refuses to make good for the item & suggests Venom make an inquiry from their end.

A week later, Venom emails a confirmation order that they will ship another charger.

I call Venom on Friday, 8/11/17 needing notification from FedEx about a delivery date.

Rick tells me they have “none in stock & won’t have any until 9/05/17..!!!!

Nuff said… LOL!

From what I am learning, dead bays are becoming a common problem on Venom chargers.
Caveat Emptor’..!!!!

I have a 12/6 volt auto battery charger that I paid $40, 50 years ago.... It still works!!
Probably made in USA

Beware of the smooth talkers & chinese products at Venom...

Last edited:
Reactions: Newadvocate
I'm sad to see your having issues. I have had my 4 bay re-charger for several months now and no issues. The first couple of times I had to slap in the batteries to take hold now it's ok.

I've done the same, but the #2 bay is still dead. At least the other 3 are working (so far).
But for the $229 this costs, there should be better quality control.
For Venom to just send another out (although I didn't receive it......yet) to replace what I have, proves that this a 'throw-away none-repairable item that Venom buys cheaply and sells expensively.

I do give Venom credit for the one year replacement warranty.
Besides the 4 charging bays, that was the main reason why I bought it.

Come on, be fair. What you say proves nothing really, does it. Do you know about this forum rule?

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

In fact, the receive thing could be perceived several other ways. Think about it.
Please...

Reactions: Dilly Joat
"proves anything"
Maybe not to you!!!!
I'm not telling anyone NOT to buy this, only describing my situation.
That being said, then this forum should close down because it's primarily here to share advice for either user error or misinformation, or MANUFACTURER ERROR!!!!
As in defective product and software.

Everything I have written about is the truth.
Brandi, a support person is very pleasant, indeed.
So is Rick.
But, to tell me you don't have any to ship out for the next 20 days is at the very least, suspect.

When I asked Rick if he would ship one out immediately if I PURCHASED and PAID for another online, he could/would not answer the question and did the Cali shuffle...
Venting?? I'm not venting at all (except at YOU), only warning would be buyers with the term: Caveat Emptor’..!!!!

I bought the 4 bay charger 4 months ago direct through eBay. On second use bay 4 stopped charging, then bay 3 and USB. I used the eBay system to notify the problem and within a week I had a replacement charger which works fine. Living in Hong Kong I was impressed by how quickly a replacement was sent and with no fuss. GREAT customer service. Buying any electronic item means there is a chance that it will go wrong, that's why manufacturers who recognize this and support their customers should be given due credit.

"proves anything"
Maybe not to you!!!!
I'm not telling anyone NOT to buy this, only describing my situation.
That being said, then this forum should close down because it's primarily here to share advice for either user error or misinformation, or MANUFACTURER ERROR!!!!
Oh Dear! I must be a member in the wrong forum. I thought I was joining one that was primarily here to share advice and information about the Typhoon H. I have to agree with RayRay - if I ranted here about every time a parcel went missing or took two weeks to deliver "next day", the forum would not have room for anything else. A warning about quality versus price is useful information, your delivery problems are old news these days - sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joyflightfare