Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Venom Charger Model 0698

Reaction score
A question for for you guys that have or have had the Venom Charger model 0698. It looks like this

I am on my 3rd charger. It was replaced twice by Venom because the charging cycle will not engage properly. The batteries have to be repeatedly inserted, sometimes slamming hard, to get them to engage charging. And even then they disengage before charging is anywhere close to complete. The first 2 went out within months and were covered by warranty. This 3rd one is a little over a year and Venom says no more. They are willing to sell me a 4th unit at 70% of retail which would be $178. They are telling me that they have not have this issue with other people. I don't believe that and though I'd ask if anyone has had similar issues. All 3 of mine did the exact same thing. I told Venom that I would poll the number one Typhoon H forum and just see. I love the concept of the charger but my confidence is not high to pony up another $178 unless I find I'm the only one. I am not abusive with any of my equipment so this is a puzzler for me. Thank you in advance for your response

@hatfield
Yep I have one, IT SUCKS!!!!! It sits in the closet now. Several months ago I purchased DY3, works great.
Have issues with their batteries also, I believe this charger caused the battery issues also. Venom is BAD!!!!!!

Was not aware of the DY3. I just looked at it online. I can buy 2 of these for about what they want for another Venom. Does your DY3 accept and engage battery charging "nicely"? Did you venom do what mine did? In other words, why does it sit in the closet?

No way I’d buy a dedicated charger. Better to get a general one with many features and charging leads for the particular battery you’re charging. I have a couple of these:

Can charge any battery I have. Can charge 2 batteries and if I need more capacity, just buy another. I have 2 of them and both together can charge 4 batteries in about an hour.

Was not aware of the DY3. I just looked at it online. I can buy 2 of these for about what they want for another Venom. Does your DY3 accept and engage battery charging "nicely"? Did you venom do what mine did? In other words, why does it sit in the closet?
And that's exactly what I did, purchased two. Glad I did there were times I need to out of the house in a hurry with at least 4 charge batteries.

I use the DY3 too, got a couple, for people new to Yuneec it's a simple plug and charge, people maybe daunted a bit by a third party charger, leads and settings, the DY3 is like the stock charger, you plug in and away it goes, no settings to adjust, I do also have third party chargers with leads able to monitor IR.

Off Topic just a little
I have a HiTec charger that I've used for some time on all my batteries.
BUT, now with my H Plus batteries I can't get the charging cables I need to adapt.
I've had 2 cables on order for a month and still on back order! Getting frustrated using the OEM charger.
On order from Vertigo Drones. No one else seems to have them either.
Anyone have some laying around to sell? Must be for 520 / Plus batteries!

I have two Venom Pro Duo that I use for H Plus batts.
I use two DY3 for the H batts. Yes, the DY3 is a dedicated charger, but it's fast and has a discharge function. Also shows the mAh's for charging and discharging.

I can't get the charging cables I need to adapt.
I don't understand why these have gotten so hard to find. There were like 3 places making them and then suddenly went away. The same thing happened with the UltraX batteries. In a matter of days they all disappeared from stock everywhere. I emailed [email protected] to inquire and got this reply: "Sorry, we do not have the replacement batteries for the Yuneec Typhoon H now, our factory will not produce it."
Then, abruptly, they are back on the market. Strange.

Since I haven't been able to get the adapters for the H Plus, I finally ordered a DY5. I even considered modifying the stock charger to use with the aftermarket charger just to get the adapter. Lots of H owners did that with the H chargers before the cables became available of those batts.

I am suspicious there is a 3rd company who is interfering with aftermarket Yuneec products as part of their ongoing subversive campaign.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Have looked at the DY5 charger but really didn't want to spend $139. for a dedicated charger when I have a perfectly good 3rd party charger.
Thanks for the comment / suggestions might look into the mod of stock charger.
I currently have 3 H plus batteries and like charging two at a time with my Hitec Black.
Found this but am suspicious of the supplier,

I have two of the four port venom chargers. Worked great for almost a year. Warranty replaced the first one due to the aforementioned issue; only in one port.

The second charger exhibits the same issue. Now all the ports seem finicky. Now all I use it for is to charge both ST16 controllers. A bit more juice on the USB ports than the DY5, so it seems.

I picked up a pro duo. Love it. One thing missing is the ability to measure internal resistance.

As alluded to, I also have a DY5 for my H520. Haven’t sprung for the leads yet, but have been planning on it.

By the way, picked up a Stanley 1000w inverter to run off a “small” marine deep cycle battery. Had both the pro duo and DY5 charging four batteries at once, out in the field. Worked great!

Jeff

A question for for you guys that have or have had the Venom Charger model 0698. It looks like this

View attachment 16983
I am on my 3rd charger. It was replaced twice by Venom because the charging cycle will not engage properly. The batteries have to be repeatedly inserted, sometimes slamming hard, to get them to engage charging. And even then they disengage before charging is anywhere close to complete. The first 2 went out within months and were covered by warranty. This 3rd one is a little over a year and Venom says no more. They are willing to sell me a 4th unit at 70% of retail which would be $178. They are telling me that they have not have this issue with other people. I don't believe that and though I'd ask if anyone has had similar issues. All 3 of mine did the exact same thing. I told Venom that I would poll the number one Typhoon H forum and just see. I love the concept of the charger but my confidence is not high to pony up another $178 unless I find I'm the only one. I am not abusive with any of my equipment so this is a puzzler for me. Thank you in advance for your response
Add me to your list, I have exactly the same issues with mine which is still under warranty and they wont even respond to my emails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt